CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6537|USA
i have recently acquired a new/used (a box or so) Sig Sauer P226r chambered 9mm Luger, and i love it. 

just thought i'd share a few pics from the first couple shoots.
the other pistol in the picture is an inherited Colt .38 S&W Police Positive.
  • the feel of the grip
  • the accuracy
  • the newness of the used weapon
  • the durability
  • the simplicity
  • when using a thumbs-forward grip, it is easy for me to subconsciously allow my right thumb to touch and put resistance on the slide hampering it from locking back after the last round is fired (but far enough to chamber the next round- if there was one).
  • how quickly i can shoot 100 rounds/30 dollars of ammo

info on the history of the p226 can be found at this site and/or at this site

https://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8793/dscn0070ma3.jpg

https://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6740/dscn0072bw8.jpg

https://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2898/p1000220wv0.jpg

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2008-01-28 16:33:56)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6848|Grapevine, TX
Nice piece. what is the Sig model the SAS use if you know?
NantanCochise
+55|5998|Portugal/United States
Have you fired the sig p250? Im quite interested in that piece. I fired a friends Walther P99 last weekend, was extremely impressed, but it has no safety. The wife wont be too impressed with that. Im really interested in sig pistols, they are quality but quite expensive. Is the P226 all that, how does it compare to an M9 or the glock 19?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6664
make a video if u can looks cool
NantanCochise

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

I believe the P226, but many special forces and Police units all over the world use it too.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6497|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I'm also quite interested in acquiring a P226.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6608|California U.S.A
Sig Sauer make a fine handgun I have the p220r Carry, SigLite night sights w/ Crimson Trace grips.

Even worse is the higher cost of burning through 45 acp ammo.

It's accurate like a bastard right out of the box and easy to tuck in a concealed holster, and downright sexy too.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6537|USA

NantanCochise wrote:

Have you fired the sig p250? Im quite interested in that piece. I fired a friends Walther P99 last weekend, was extremely impressed, but it has no safety. The wife wont be too impressed with that. Im really interested in sig pistols, they are quality but quite expensive. Is the P226 all that, how does it compare to an M9 or the glock 19?
sorry to say this is the first pistol i have ever fired- and the only if we don't count the .38 in OP, so i'm not really the one to ask about comparing it to other models/manufactures. 

usually, you get what you pay for.  look at your pistols as an investment; if you take care of them, they will not depreciate much/at all.  <- try that one on the wife! haha

NantanCochise wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

I believe the P226, but many special forces and Police units all over the world use it too.
hard to say man.  i bet it's something very close -> maybe the p228?

CoconutBlitz wrote:

Sig Sauer make a fine handgun I have the p220r Carry, SigLite night sights w/ Crimson Trace grips.

It's accurate like a bastard right out of the box and easy to tuck in a concealed holster, and downright sexy too.
how do you like the night sights?

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2008-01-28 11:51:49)

NantanCochise
IRONCHEF
+385|6510|Northern California
WWB 9mm is $16 for 100 rds at Walmart.  Not an Internet site cheaper than that if you're interested.  You must have paid double somewhere? 

I shot a series of .45's the other day, sig 22x, brand new kimber 1911, and an xd 45 service..and that sig was insane.  shot better groups with it than i do with my 92fs..and even though the kimber and xd were brand new and not worn in, i can't imagine them getting as smooth as that sig.  Too bad sigs are so ugly! lol

92fs = most sexy 9mm in the worrrrrrrrld.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6464|The Land of Scott Walker
P226, very nice.  Lucky.
CoconutBlitz

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

CoconutBlitz wrote:

I find them very usual in low light / no light sight acquisition.... sometimes in bright light as in sun or flashlight pointing at you its a little hard to find the front dot sight, other then that I couldn't imagine not having them on a handgun.

Combine it with the crimson trace grips and a rail mounted or handheld tac white light it's a winning combo.
CoconutBlitz

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

I'm also quite interested in acquiring a P226.
You won't be disappointed it's a great handgun.

Last edited by CoconutBlitz (2008-01-28 12:10:51)

CoconutBlitz

NantanCochise wrote:

I have not fired the new p250 I was just looking at it on the website and noticed it looks like a multi caliber modular handgun that should be interesting.

Personally I don't like the grip angle on the glocks and they feel a little... plastic to me and don't seem to have a tight a shot pattern as a sig.

The M9 is alright and shoots pretty tight groups.

Until you've shot a Sig you'll realize how accurate they are right out of the box and the recoil is something they have engineered to be minimum to other makes of handguns of the same caliber. And the whole weapon is just a great piece of machined steel easy to field strip and will take a whole bunch of junk, and dirt, ice, mud, sand etc and still not let you down when you need it to fire.

You should check out the Sig Sauer website and see what they did on the reliability/endurance testing for Mil-spec contracts it's quite amazing.

the motto of the company is;

"To Hell and Back Reliability."

And they ain't kidding.

Geesus I sound like a Sig Sauer commercial, only I'm not getting paid for this endoresment.

Last edited by CoconutBlitz (2008-01-28 12:30:57)

CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6537|USA

IRONCHEF wrote:

WWB 9mm is $16 for 100 rds at Walmart.  Not an Internet site cheaper than that if you're interested.  You must have paid double somewhere? 

I shot a series of .45's the other day, sig 22x, brand new kimber 1911, and an xd 45 service..and that sig was insane.  shot better groups with it than i do with my 92fs..and even though the kimber and xd were brand new and not worn in, i can't imagine them getting as smooth as that sig.  Too bad sigs are so ugly! lol

ummm... walmart doesn't sell pistol ammo, at least in MN they don't.  i payed 27.99 at gander mountain for the cheapest plinking ammo they had: winchester 9mm luger.  i just called them too to confirm the price.  go figure, overpaid due to noobness. 
mind giving out the site?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC
Why have I always thought you were under 18? Hm.

Anyways, cool
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5975|Minnesota
i have the airsoft version of the sig sauer lolz
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

The NZ army and NZSAS use the Sig Sauer p226.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6479
inb4europeans

Nice gun you have there I have a 9mm myself, nothing that nice though.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6652|Sin City

It's a great gun. I have one chambered in .40 that I carried on duty for 5 years before I switched to a Glock22C. I still love my Sig though, I also have a P239. My only complaint was that my 226 had no rails mounted on the frame to mount a light. I have seen the newer ones made with that feature though (including yours), so overall it's an awesome gun.

Last edited by D6717C (2008-01-28 14:21:50)

IRONCHEF
+385|6510|Northern California

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

ummm... walmart doesn't sell pistol ammo, at least in MN they don't.  i payed 27.99 at gander mountain for the cheapest plinking ammo they had: winchester 9mm luger.  i just called them too to confirm the price.  go figure, overpaid due to noobness. 
mind giving out the site?
Yeah, I can't get ammo at Walmart in my county, but I can go to a neighboring county where they're allowed to sell ammo.  Didn't know MN had that restriction on Walmart..thought it was just CA!

If you're in a big metro area (MN/SP) then they might not have them there but still have them in more rural/suburban areas.  Call around because they are the cheapest still.

Online you can try Cabelas which is about a quarter per cartridge plus shipping, but you get the cool green ammo bucket.  I just ordered some 9mm wolf from them with the bucket and it turned out to be like 20 cents per cartridge shipped. 

Aimsurplus.com and ammoman have it too, not sure on price but waaaay better than what you're paying. 

This site has it for 14 cents a cartridge..not sure what kind...might be wolf..probably not WWB.

Have you tried that crappy russian 9mm before?  It works fine in my 92fs and other handguns my friends have (dont use in ARs), just needs a hell of a cleaning to get the lacquer and other carnage out.  For shooting paper, I dig Wolf ammo.

If you find a good price somewhere (find a gun show in town) you should stock up with a couple thousand rounds because by years end, it's projected to go up 40%-70% in price.  You know, war, china, china, and precious metal being bought by china.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-01-28 14:27:15)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6828|Marathon, Florida Keys
.45>9mm

Still a cool gun
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6721|Little Rock, Arkansas

CoconutBlitz wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

CoconutBlitz wrote:

I find them very usual in low light / no light sight acquisition.... sometimes in bright light as in sun or flashlight pointing at you its a little hard to find the front dot sight, other then that I couldn't imagine not having them on a handgun.

Combine it with the crimson trace grips and a rail mounted or handheld tac white light it's a winning combo.
I love the night sights I put on my 229R.

https://www.trijicon.com/parts/night1.jpg

Trijicon for the win. The white circle around the tritium makes daytime aqusition a breeze, and with green on the front and orange on the back, I know the alignment of the 3 dots I'm lining up on my target.

And I'm about to order a p250. Bud's has the nitron for $550, and the two-tone for $630. Delivered.
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6239|cs_connecticut‬‭
My uncle has one of those, a silver/black tone Sig Sauer P226 in .357Sig. Sexy.

This is it.
https://www.impactguns.com/store/media/sig/sig_226_2tone.jpg

Last edited by Klinka-Klinko (2008-01-28 17:18:36)

CoconutBlitz

blisteringsilence wrote:

CoconutBlitz wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

I love the night sights I put on my 229R.

http://www.trijicon.com/parts/night1.jpg

Trijicon for the win. The white circle around the tritium makes daytime aqusition a breeze, and with green on the front and orange on the back, I know the alignment of the 3 dots I'm lining up on my target.

And I'm about to order a p250. Bud's has the nitron for $550, and the two-tone for $630. Delivered.
That trijicon is some freaky always glowing shit but well worth the price. I don't know if it's just me but some times the front post sight seems a little hard to line up in bright light shining right at my eyes.

I'll have to look into the new p250 that seems great to have a modular/ caliber gun. That's a good price you found there.

My Sig was almost $1000 by the time i was done with all the stuff. Oh and the 2 extra mags (5 total) and blackhawk holster.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard