usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

So first they want to ban the Blue Angels, and now they did not want to let the Marines shoot some film for their newest commercial.

"The Marines we spoke with also make the point that the city allows street demonstrations, anti-war protests and other events which snarl traffic, such as Critical Mass. They still don't understand why the Marines got turned away. "
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio … id=5673526

I have no idea why San Fran put up such a fight.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616
war = bad

soldiers fight in war = soldiers bad
CommieChipmunk
+488|6539|Portland, OR, USA
what?  Yeah war's shitty but don't hate the soldiers for getting caught in the middle of it..
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
Progressive liberal clowns, to be honest. Start by cutting off all State and Federal budget allocations... Wait that will never happen   And I'm being nice about my reply... WhyTF did the producer still film the empty streets? It's Fucked up man.
https://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Liberal_Oxymorons.gif

Semper Fidelis
Cpl Rhoades
USMC

Kinda old news. I wonder if there have been any developments about this?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
Almost makes me want to sign up for another 4 years...

almost.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6252|Pennsyltucky

Yeah San Fran is full of freaks & assholes but dude the story is two months old.  Where have you been?

Anyway, alls well that ends well.

The freaks let them shoot near the GGB and the video is awesome.

For those that have never seen the USMC silent Drill Team they are a sight to see.

Click on View Tour    http://our.marines.com/
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

rdx-fx wrote:

It's San Francisco. What'd you expect?
Exactly.  They refuse to respect our warriors.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
This problem will solve itself after a while. San Fransico will fall off into the pacific, and the marines will endure. And film commercials in the sunken ruins.
Commie Killer
+192|6357
Good commercial, and fuck SF, just a bunch of attention whores really.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

Could be that SF doesn't support how their finest is loosing their life in a meaningless conflict.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
I don't really like the commercials for USMC, they're not that good - imo. I like the dutch ones more .

but it's a shame they can't shoot there, bunch of rtards governing the place.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-01-26 08:42:57)

inane little opines
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Banning people from filming is bad as it is, but to stop your own military. Kinda low imo.
tor11
Grunt
+18|6730|Os , Norway
These are the most wanted soildiers in the world!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EHPBFRlKd44& … re=related

Last edited by tor11 (2008-01-26 09:08:09)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

S3v3N wrote:

almost.
you know your gonna do it.  quit fighting yourself.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Varegg wrote:

Could be that SF doesn't support how their finest is loosing their life in a meaningless conflict.
I knew one of the "euro pack" would agree with San Fran.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6448|Communist Republic of CA, USA
TBH, San Francisco Sucks.  No Joke.  Trying to navigate the streets is about as fun as a full body wax, "The Gay" is everywhere and if you don't have a SARS mask, you might catch it, and Fleet Week is always swamped with protesters.  Actually the city is always swamped with someone protesting something.

And Critical Mass...

Fuck Critical Mass
firebomb1280
+1|6371|San Francisco
I feel... outnumbered.

But what T.Pike said is true - they were allowed to film near the Golden Gate Bridge and the video was awesome.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD
I don't believe it should even be up to them.  The U.S. military is a higher organization than the asshole capital.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6664|San Francisco
As someone who actually lives in the city, this is what they wanted to do.  The Marines in their infinite wisdom were planning to get a shot of a few platoons marching down the Golden Gate Bridge, and their producer wanted to shut the Entire bridge down for two-three days.  Shutting down the bridge would've caused more traffic than anything Critical Mass could ever imagine, since the other bridge that would grant people access to Tiburon and that upper peninsula is several Miles away on the opposite side of the bay.

People would have to drive through downtown SF, cross the Bay Bridge, drive all the way up to Richmond, then cross the Richmond bridge, then finally head down to their work.  The amount of traffic that already exists on this route is atrocious, and shutting the whole bridge down would've been disastrous.  Cry about it all you want, but if you attempt to block the Major thoroughfares of a City and a main artery that connects two major landmasses, you are going to have some serious problems.
Master*
Banned
+416|6464|United States
The Few... The Proud... The Marines...

San Fran is a lib hot zone in this country.

Last edited by Master* (2008-01-26 11:42:10)

IRONCHEF
+385|6460|Northern California

Marconius wrote:

As someone who actually lives in the city, this is what they wanted to do.  The Marines in their infinite wisdom were planning to get a shot of a few platoons marching down the Golden Gate Bridge, and their producer wanted to shut the Entire bridge down for two-three days.  Shutting down the bridge would've caused more traffic than anything Critical Mass could ever imagine, since the other bridge that would grant people access to Tiburon and that upper peninsula is several Miles away on the opposite side of the bay.

People would have to drive through downtown SF, cross the Bay Bridge, drive all the way up to Richmond, then cross the Richmond bridge, then finally head down to their work.  The amount of traffic that already exists on this route is atrocious, and shutting the whole bridge down would've been disastrous.  Cry about it all you want, but if you attempt to block the Major thoroughfares of a City and a main artery that connects two major landmasses, you are going to have some serious problems.
Thank you.  YOu beat me to it.

But even though this reason is completely just, and it should silence all the yahoo's who hate, just to hate, they will not be able to rationalize things. 

SF: 1

USMC: 0

Hoorah beotch!
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

almost.
I actually.. thought about.. dare I say it..... Joining the National Guard Unit where I live......

aaww fuck
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

S3v3N wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

almost.
I actually.. thought about.. dare I say it..... Joining the National Guard Unit where I live......

aaww fuck
I wouldnt  didnt even stay my MOS to join the national guard.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-01-26 12:28:36)

The#1Spot
+105|6509|byah

usmarine2005 wrote:

So first they want to ban the Blue Angels, and now they did not want to let the Marines shoot some film for their newest commercial.

"The Marines we spoke with also make the point that the city allows street demonstrations, anti-war protests and other events which snarl traffic, such as Critical Mass. They still don't understand why the Marines got turned away. "
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio … id=5673526

I have no idea why San Fran put up such a fight.
I bet is the fact that the video dosent meet emissions
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

IRONCHEF wrote:

SF: 1

USMC: 0

Hoorah beotch!
Figured you wannabe drop out of a soldier.  Couldn't hack it eh?

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2008-01-26 13:51:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard