lord.knaslaban
+13|6564|Uppsala, Sweden
well... it looks like it will be WWII anyway
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC
Hay guise

You aren't gonna be buying weapons ok? Only cosmetic changes.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast
looks like bullshit
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
This looks perfect. Can't fucking wait
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

HurricaИe wrote:

Hay guise

No, you do buy cosmetic changes but the equivalent of unlocks will be bought. Not a bad deal, the game itself is free. I wouldn't care about the cosmetic changes though I probably will shell out of the new guns. Also because you need to pay money for new content you know the game is going to get allot of new things in the patches and stuff.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-01-22 14:43:45)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Hay guise

No, you do buy cosmetic changes but the equivalent of unlocks will be bought. Not a bad deal, the game itself is free. I wouldn't care about the cosmetic changes though I probably will shell out of the new guns. Also because you need to pay money for new content you know the game is going to get allot of new things in the patches and stuff.
a lot of new worthless patches EA forces you to buy.

Also the unlocks cost money monthly, you'll be paying more than it costs to play wow in order to run faster...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC
No... no purchased guns

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 … title.html

"The for-pay items will also only make cosmetic changes to your character; nothing you buy in the game will give you an advantage in actual game play. For example, you may pay a dollar for a new rakish hat, but you won't be able to pay for a gun that shoots faster or does more damage. Keeping the advertisements outside of the play experience and making sure the play itself isn't a matter of who has spent the most look like solid decisions."
killaer
+41|6715
Hey guys since team fortress 2 did well and everyone loves the fun stylized graphics let's make this cartoony yeah!

GO EA!
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6347|Iowa...
i don't care if it's free or not.why are they wasting time on this instead of devoting it to BF3?or at the very least fixing the problems we still have in BF2?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
Jesus Christ guys. You lot are bitching about this, no one is forcing you to buy it, and even if you do, it's fucking FREE. What are you loosing? Sure as hell isn't money...
#rekt
kptk92
u
+972|6406|tc_london
Oh, I'm definately gonna get it.

If this turns out into a success, I'll make sure every one of you flaming bastards eat your words
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
As long as it has vehicles (especially aerial) it ain't gonna be a TF2 rip off.

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-01-23 09:57:24)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

Mek-Izzle wrote:

As long as it has vehicles (especially aerial)
Can't see that happening, to be honest..
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

kptk92 wrote:

Oh, I'm definately gonna get it.

If this turns out into a success, I'll make sure every one of you flaming bastards eat your words
Meh, it may well be a success with the TF crowd. Not everyone is into that sorta game though.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

kylef wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

As long as it has vehicles (especially aerial)
Can't see that happening, to be honest..
It has a fucking plane on the screenshot, and every BF game thus far has had aircraft so why would you doubt it?

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-01-23 16:06:45)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6841|Bryan/College Station, TX
Battlefield Heroes is NOT Battlefield 3. Heroes is EA/DICE's attempt into a fad that is popular in Korea at this time about micro-transactions. It's a tongue and cheek FPS that uses cartoon like characters to emphasize fun and not serious game play. Nothing about this FPS will be serious. It's just for fun. Hence the free download. What you pay for, IF you choose to do so, is stuff like new clothing, armor, skills, guns, etc. Don't expect anything ground breaking. This is more for just wasting time or for the kiddies. Battlefield 3 will be a completely different monster I assure you.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
The_Mac
+96|6223

kilroy0097 wrote:

Battlefield Heroes is NOT Battlefield 3. Heroes is EA/DICE's attempt into a fad that is popular in Korea at this time about micro-transactions. It's a tongue and cheek FPS that uses cartoon like characters to emphasize fun and not serious game play. Nothing about this FPS will be serious. It's just for fun. Hence the free download. What you pay for, IF you choose to do so, is stuff like new clothing, armor, skills, guns, etc. Don't expect anything ground breaking. This is more for just wasting time or for the kiddies. Battlefield 3 will be a completely different monster I assure you.
Yeah, I basically have it confirmed from someone who is working on the inside that this is NOT battlefield 3. I repeat, NOT Battlefield 3. Totally different, rip off of TF2 (probably vehicles too) and microtransactions.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6322|New Haven, CT
Maybe if EA makes a killing off this game in Korea they can spend/will spend more money on BF3, including good patches which fix problems.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6584
This game looks awful?

Why don't they spend their time make future BF games better not this thing.
The_Mac
+96|6223

Pvt.Kosak wrote:

This game looks awful?

Why don't they spend their time make future BF games better not this thing.
Read damnit! They are!!

Its been confirmed several times by several different people that this ISN'T BF3, nor is it anything extra special. BF3 IS in development, and this is a side aisle thing.

Being semi-literate helps.
kptk92
u
+972|6406|tc_london

Planet Battlefield wrote:

General Information:
# 2 Armies: National Army vs. Royal Army, All stereotypes used for comic look
# At release, 2-3 maps with more rolled out in updates
# Pick one character and you level him up through the game.
# Maps do not have insertion points, and the game chooses where to put you on the battlefield, although maps are a lot smaller than regular Battlefield maps.
# Known Weapons: Sticky Bombs, Rocket Launcher
# Taunts and death-freeze-cam included

Modified Conquest Mode:
# At the start of each round each team has 2 flags and 100 tickets
# Killing enemies reduce tickets, but if you hold more flags then your enemy you receive a multiplier giving you more tickets.
# You can win even by killing less enemies and owning more flags
# Killing enemies is less important than capturing and holding flags

Vehicles:
# Observed vehicles: Spitfire, M4 Sherman, PzKfzIV
# The character size relative to the vehicle differs quite a bit. Comparable to "an adult on a bobby car".
# Planes have no bombs, used mainly for dogfights

Abilities:
# "I Eat Grenades" Ability - Throw back 7 grenades at once
# Life-Points Boost
# Inflammable Ammo

Match Making:
# Play with level equal players, but not 1:1 Ex: Level 2s could play on a level 1 server. Rule seems to be "level X ±"
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

https://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/images/bf2news/7674_0.jpg

https://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/images/bf2news/7674_1.jpg

https://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/images/bf2news/7674_2.jpg

https://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/images/bf2news/7674_3.jpg

Source!

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-01-30 15:25:43)

kptk92
u
+972|6406|tc_london
Oh my lol ^^^
The_Mac
+96|6223
Wow...if that's real that looks worse than TF2...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

kptk92 wrote:

# Taunts and death-freeze-cam included
Oh god...

kptk92 wrote:

"I Eat Grenades" Ability - Throw back 7 grenades at once
LOL
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard