CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

M.O.A.B wrote:

Wasn't that long ago when they were using bombs, AK's and hits on certain individuals. Still don't see why its so imperavtive to get Northern Ireland back with the South the countries both do well individually so what's the point exactly.
Don't open this can of worms.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6489|so randum

M.O.A.B wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

There was 800 for Ireland.
800 years, and the goal is still the removal of the " British " state from Ireland, the difference is that the democratic process is the agreed method to bring about the Republic..
Wasn't that long ago when they were using bombs, AK's and hits on certain individuals. Still don't see why its so imperavtive to get Northern Ireland back with the South the countries both do well individually so what's the point exactly.
Not many people outside of Ireland do understand why.

I hope i'll see the day of the reunification.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6400|'Murka

FatherTed wrote:

Then help us understand.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

FEOS wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Then help us understand.
Perhaps in a thread about Ireland it would be more appropriate. To cut a long story short: British invade Ireland, ravage the country, attempt to steal/colonise it, subjugate, disenfranchise and evict natives from their homes and farms, generally grind us into the ground, allow food to leave the country during a potato famine that killed or led to the emigration of 5 million natives, brutally repressed just rebellions and attempts to take back our lands, etc., etc. Britain stole land, we want it back, essentially.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 08:44:50)

FEOS
+1,182|6400|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

You do realise that Israelis have guns that can shoot round corners and military know-how and expertise that would put the US to shame? They're as chicken as Hamas and Hisb'allah despite their supreme military advantages - neither can fight fair so they resort to killing anyone in a given radius. They're practically two sides of the same coin.
No matter how you try to spin it, Cam, putting a bomb on a specific Hamas building is completely different than shooting rockets into civilian settlements with no military value. Hamas intentionally targets civilians...the IDF intentionally targets Hamas and their infrastructure. If a civilian dies from an Israeli attack, it's unintentional. If a civilian dies from a Hamas rocket attack, it's completely intentional. See the difference?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6212|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Then help us understand.
Perhaps in a thread about Ireland it would be more appropriate.
Or your first post about the Israelis would have been best suited to an Israel thread (god forbid another).

FEOS wrote:

No matter how you try to spin it, Cam, putting a bomb on a specific Hamas building is completely different than shooting rockets into civilian settlements with no military value. Hamas intentionally targets civilians...the IDF intentionally targets Hamas and their infrastructure. If a civilian dies from an Israeli attack, it's unintentional. If a civilian dies from a Hamas rocket attack, it's completely intentional. See the difference?
Yep of course, I realised that difference eons ago.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You do realise that Israelis have guns that can shoot round corners and military know-how and expertise that would put the US to shame? They're as chicken as Hamas and Hisb'allah despite their supreme military advantages - neither can fight fair so they resort to killing anyone in a given radius. They're practically two sides of the same coin.
FEOS, Israel were shooting bombs into residential areas that had no military value in the Lebanon conflict - with weaponry that was not designed to minimise collateral damage. You can pretend it's unintentional and that 'they just had to do it' but in the end it's the same damned thing. As bad as each other. They should both fight with honour.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777549.html

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 08:48:53)

DeathBecomesYu
+171|6168
The problem is and always will be that terrorists organizations will high jack the cause for their means. Innocent Palestinians are caught in the middle because Islamic Radicals have taken over the true cause of the Palestinian people and use it so they can kill ANY Israeli they can with the goal of wiping out Israel at all costs. On the other side, the Israeli government is hell bent on preserving its country against that threat. The biggest problem is that Israel continues to expand its settlements and everyone here understands that that should not be happening.

It is the same thing with the post here. You have Islamic Radicals kidnapping the religion of Islam for its own means.

The common theme is that Radicals need to be subtracted from the equation. The Palestinian people need to clean up their cause and uproot the trouble makers and get back to their true cause of a nation living side by side with Israel. That is all most true Palestinians want and it is the same for the Islamic religion...they need to clean house. Again, how that will happen??????? Who knows, but until it does...we will have a conflict in Israel and we will have conflict among Muslims and the hate towards a legitimate religion will keep growing.
FEOS
+1,182|6400|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS, Israel were shooting bombs into residential areas that had no military value in the Lebanon conflict - with weaponry that was not designed to minimise collateral damage. You can pretend it's unintentional and that 'they just had to do it' but in the end it's the same damned thing. As bad as each other. They should both fight with honour.

That's not what the story in the link said at all, Cam.
― Albert Einstein

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

GJ Cam, way to turn this in to Israel BS.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6731|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

FEOS wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Then help us understand.
What's complicated to understand? Some people believe that there should be a complete separation of Church and State, the UK is a Protestant Constitutional Monarchy, which maintained a sectarian status quo, that ruthlessly suppressed its Catholic citizens with-in it's imposed borders in Ireland. Suppress any peoples and they will rise up, in the beginning this was peaceful, people demonstrated for their civil rights, the British response was to send in their military and murdered the civilians protesting their rights, "some" viewed this an act of war sparking 40 years of conflict  - below is the republican militant view point on the conflict.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2008-01-23 09:32:14)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I'm demonstrating the fact that these 'knights in flawlessly shining armour' as you would effectively describe them use what many experts would describe as chemical weapons. Not really very shiny armour tbh.
FEOS
+1,182|6400|'Murka

When did I "effectively describe them" that way?

If you remember, I agreed that Israeli targeting in the 2006 Lebanon conflict was heavy-handed. But we were talking about Hamas.
― Albert Einstein

CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

FEOS wrote:

When did I "effectively describe them" that way?

If you remember, I agreed that Israeli targeting in the 2006 Lebanon conflict was heavy-handed. But we were talking about Hamas.
Well we both know and recognise Hamas for what they are, I just felt - perhaps not through your exact writings, more so inferred from the tone - that you saw Israel as squeaky clean. That is obviously not the case and as such I apologise.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6212|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I'm demonstrating the fact that these 'knights in flawlessly shining armour' as you would effectively describe them use what many experts would describe as chemical weapons. Not really very shiny armour tbh.
Its war, wars aren't meant to be pretty, you do what you have to do to get the job done as quickly and as effecitvely as you can.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

M.O.A.B wrote:

Its war, wars aren't meant to be pretty, you do what you have to do to get the job done as quickly and as effecitvely as you can.
So you're saying chemical weapons, the reason the west went into Iraq, are fine to use? As such you were originally against the Iraq invasion I presume?
Shadowolf
+9|6231|Israel
Hizbolla likes to fight dirty, so why should we be the "gentlemen" and use 100% clean military tactics?
Doing that would only make the war even harder for us.
And btw, I don't think that there is currently an official army in this planet that is totally clean.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6644|Brisbane, Australia

Shadowolf wrote:

Hizbolla likes to fight dirty, so why should we be the "gentlemen" and use 100% clean military tactics?
And btw, I don't think that there is currently an official army in this planet that is totally clean.
"Debate and Serious Talk"
mikkel
+383|6590

Shadowolf wrote:

I think the only thing keeping Israel on the map is a delusional perception that it's a fair and righteous state fighting savage attacks. Without the illusion, there's nothing, so you really ought to keep it up.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6212|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

So you're saying chemical weapons, the reason the west went into Iraq, are fine to use? As such you were originally against the Iraq invasion I presume?
How do you know they were chemical weapons in Iraq? No I wasn't against the invasion, why? One simple fact, the guy in control of them was a total nutjob who had gassed Iranians and his OWN people. I never said it was ok to use Chemical weapons either, I said you do what you have to do to get the job done, not whether it was the right thing to do. If the Israelis honestly wanted to kill off all the Palestinian civilians, what's stopping them? Why haven't they already done it? Why is Palestine not a big smouldering crater? Oh I know why, because they don't attack civilians for the fun of it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

M.O.A.B wrote:

How do you know they were chemical weapons in Iraq? No I wasn't against the invasion, why? One simple fact, the guy in control of them was a total nutjob who had gassed Iranians and his OWN people. I never said it was ok to use Chemical weapons either, I said you do what you have to do to get the job done, not whether it was the right thing to do. If the Israelis honestly wanted to kill off all the Palestinian civilians, what's stopping them? Why haven't they already done it? Why is Palestine not a big smouldering crater? Oh I know why, because they don't attack civilians for the fun of it.
It's actually because of the unwanted media attention and international sanctions such an action would attract. They've been trying to eradicate them through economic strangulation anyway.

Where did the weapons Saddam use come from btw? That's right: the west. We need to keep our dirty little noses out of developing countries.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-23 10:40:18)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6212|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

It's actually because of the unwanted media attention and international sanctions such an action would attract. They've been trying to eradicate them through economic strangulation anyway.
Yeah Israel is attempting mass genocide if they're already killing innocents 'on purpose' and its known why would they bothered about media attention?

CameronPoe wrote:

Where did the weapons Saddam use come from btw? That's right: the west. We need to keep our dirty little noses out of developing countries.
Ah the 'sweep under the rug and forget all about them' lark. I suppose in places like Africa we should haul every aid worker out cos their interfering with developing countries. We should let people get on with mass killings and genocide shouldn't we? yes, that would be nice. Perhaps we should have not done anything during WW2 when the Nazis were invading Europe.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-01-23 11:27:28)

NantanCochise
+55|5967|Portugal/United States

NantanCochise wrote:

Hmmmm, no one here blaming Isreal or the United States yet. It wount be long...
I dont usually quote myself but this was posted on page 1, it was a bit of a joke but damn, I didnt expect to be right about the blame being Isreal or at least including Isreal.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6212|Escea

M.O.A.B wrote:

NantanCochise wrote:

Wait for CamPoe to arrive.
lol if only I could get this to work on the Lottery.
NantanCochise
+55|5967|Portugal/United States

M.O.A.B wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

NantanCochise wrote:

Wait for CamPoe to arrive.
lol if only I could get this to work on the Lottery.
LOL, we would be millionaires!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard