jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6855|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
How do people get up there, not the one next to it, I mean the falg building how do ppoeple get up there on a ranked server. I have seen poepl up there on a ranked server, so dont give me no C4 jump things, unless you can C4 yourself without being killed by the blast.

I already know how to get to the top of the building next to it.

How, how how?

FOr those of you who have been up there is there a way inside the building once you are on the roof.

Or do you think someone has been able to cheat punkbuster and has inserted some sort of cheat into the game?

I want answers.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6854|Bryan/College Station, TX

jag1973 wrote:

How do people get up there, not the one next to it, I mean the falg building how do ppoeple get up there on a ranked server. I have seen poepl up there on a ranked server, so dont give me no C4 jump things, unless you can C4 yourself without being killed by the blast.

I already know how to get to the top of the building next to it.

How, how how?

FOr those of you who have been up there is there a way inside the building once you are on the roof.

Or do you think someone has been able to cheat punkbuster and has inserted some sort of cheat into the game?

I want answers.
Have you see this only on 64 man servers? Or all types? Ranked or UnRanked?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6858|-
Wrong section, moved.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6858|San Francisco

Ranked servers have the ability to turn off friendly fire, which would allow you to c4 yourself to the roof without taking any damage.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6818|Lake Constanze, Germany

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Ranked servers have the ability to turn off friendly fire, which would allow you to c4 yourself to the roof without taking any damage.
Like Dave said: Voodoo is right on the money

Greetz,
Agent
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6858|-

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Greetz,
Agent
Who's Dave? O.o
jag1973
Bushwhacker
Lets say you are Server Admin, would you be able to turn FF off just for a minute as you are playing a game, blast your self up there, then turn it back on? Cause I did see some TKs in that game.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
@Trigger: I mean CMDR_Dave from the forums......
And tbh i searched this video the hole time, where this guy shows this exploit.....
Anyone?

Greetz,
Agent
holocost
+1|6797|ireland,cork
i have been up there and you cant go inside the building but there are 2 levels to it. the only way i know of to get up there is to take out your knife and get on the railing of the buildin next to it, sprint to it ,jump and go prone while you are in the air. it works some of the time but it is hard to get the timing right and as you probably know you may die if you miss
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6858|San Francisco

jag1973 wrote:

Lets say you are Server Admin, would you be able to turn FF off just for a minute as you are playing a game, blast your self up there, then turn it back on?
Theoretically, yes.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

so its technically possible to rocket jump?
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod

polarbearz wrote:

With TK off: Yep!

Greetz,
Agent
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

polarbearz wrote:

Naw, the rockets (RPG's) don't get you anywhere. Grenades (from hand or noobtoob) get you a little distance, but the real trick is 5 C4 packets.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

Yeah i think chuy's closer on this call. THe rockets don't seem very explosive. C4 jump lol
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6838|Australia
the AT rockets have no splash damage.....
jag1973
Bushwhacker
I finally got up there started a server for myself to explore, applied for commander, would put a crate here, there, turned FF off. Then I would blast my self to every roof in karkand it was good to explore from above.

It would be nice to have roof sniper encounters, no tanks up there, or APCs for that matter.

Imagine if the buildings where open for acces to rooms or the roof the map would ten fold in size, cause of so many places to hide....

Run bastards run!!!!!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6844

kontrolcrimson wrote:

the AT rockets have no splash damage.....
You couldn't be more wrong.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

A little but not a lot. I'm a vet quake 3 player, put anything that looks remotely like a rocket in my hands, i WILL jump diagonally and fire at your torso.

I knocked out 2 guys like that + damaged one guy beside enough to take him out with MP5
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6854|Bryan/College Station, TX

jag1973 wrote:

I finally got up there started a server for myself to explore, applied for commander, would put a crate here, there, turned FF off. Then I would blast my self to every roof in karkand it was good to explore from above.

It would be nice to have roof sniper encounters, no tanks up there, or APCs for that matter.

Imagine if the buildings where open for acces to rooms or the roof the map would ten fold in size, cause of so many places to hide....

Run bastards run!!!!!
At very least access to every single roof of just about every single building regardless of a ladder or not will be a possibility via Grapplin hook or Zip line from the new Expansion set, Special Forces.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
r00fus
+2|6802
if you've ever played in my server then you've probably seen me up there, but we have friendly fire...its magic i tell you
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6852|Missoula, MT

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Greetz,
Agent
Who's Dave? O.o
I'm so offended.   How could I have been forgotten so easily? *sigh*

()r@ng3, I saw that video...funny stuff.  I was wondering how they did that, friendly fire...genious!    That sure would eliminate 98% of the teamkills eh?

Yes, it's Will Ferrell...any questions?

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-09-28 07:05:58)

jag1973
Bushwhacker
Sorry to go a little bit of topic, but Will Ferrell could easy play the guy in your gif and it would be Hilarious!
Other than being anoying as hell.

Back to topic, R00fus yeah MAGIC, like we are 4th graders watching a wanna be magician taking a bunny from a hat. If your server is ranked, magic is no good, are you a cheater ? what is your server IP, you runing some kind of mod? Or do you have Puff the "Magic" Dragon take you up there?

If you go up there by creative non cheating means tell us that what you do is all legal, and then we can take it as a challange.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6847|Finland
That place is a real killer for sniper. Once i saw that one guy c4ed the ground and a sniper got exploded to the roof. NO ONE found him on that round.

Jag:Youre the bushwhacker? I better get away from my fancy, lovely bush...
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
Ok, for me 'rocket jump' means using the C4 also.....it's right with AA/AT it doesnt work very well cuz yeah, they have not much splash...
And i tried to jump on that rope - i don't have the patience.......

@Dave: u find that link again??? from the video?? i searched my favs, but.......

[offtopic]And we definately need more cowbell![/offtopic]

Greetz,
Agent

EDIT: I mean the C4 vid.....Dave....
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6852|Missoula, MT
I'll have to look when I get home...work firewall stops a lot of activities for me here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard