mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

Sssssoooooo there's a game with a level that takes place in Chernobyl and people are making videos showing that it looks exactly like Chernobyl???
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6230|Phoenix, AZ
what the fuck happened to Chernobyl? looks like an abandoned, creepy pos out of hollywood!

Edit:

thats some spooky shit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherynobl

everything was just left, never picked up, like its frozen in time

Last edited by GodFather (2008-01-21 00:53:10)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

GodFather wrote:

what the fuck happened to Chernobyl? looks like an abandoned, creepy pos out of hollywood!

Edit:

thats some spooky shit

Welcome to 1986....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6401|fåking denmark

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Edit:

thats some spooky shit

Welcome to 1986....
The year of destruction.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6422|Belgium

GodFather wrote:

Seriously, read up on history...
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6458|Newcastle NSW Australia

GodFather wrote:

Edit:

thats some spooky shit

Quick run down on Chernobyl for you:

-Opperators of the plant decided that they would see how the plant would run while on emergency power.

-While doing this the "control rods" (which absorb neutrons to stop the fuel rods overheating) became jammed while they were only one third of the way into the rector core.

-Massive heat caused by the fuel rods turned the coolant into steam which then came under massive pressure from being confined to the reactor room. This caused an explosion, several fires and the melt down of the fuel rods in the reactor core.

-As the reactor exploded it sent radioactive dust particles into the air which were then carried on the wind over several different countries (all the way to Sweden). Pripyat however was the hardest hit as it was relatively close to the plant.

-Immediately after the explosion an exclusion zone was set up with a 30km radius around the plant. Everyone who wasn't essential to the emergency efforts were evacuated while the rest (mostly plant workers, army personnel and fire fighters ) rushed in to fight the fires and contain the situation. Unfortunatly most of them died within 15 months of the event due to massive radiation poisoning.

-The entire population of Pripyat were forced to evacuate as quickly as possible  and did not have time to gather their belongings. Thats is the reason it looks like a ghost town.

For further reading go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_ … roundwater

I hope that helped for any one who was uncertain about Chernobyl and Pripyat
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6581|USA

mcgid1 wrote:

Ummmmmm.....isn't that particular level in Chernobyl (I mean it even says that's where it is in the cut scene), so why wouldn't they use the real Chernobyl as the basis of the level map?
yes, those are all pulled from one level based in priypat (spelling?) and they used the real thing to make the map.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6006|Belgium
Spoiler (highlight to read):
They actually modelled the game from the pictures, they did a good job so that's why it looks so real
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6730|Scotland
yeah, I knew about the ferris wheel....

and the pool, creepy eh?

I've heard STALKER recreated that brilliantly, never played it tho...
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6277|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
OMFG, they modelled stuff on real life, almost like they did with the human characters, weapons, kits etc for every semi-realistic game since Mario.....

RIOT!!!!!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6587|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Ender2309 wrote:

mcgid1 wrote:

Ummmmmm.....isn't that particular level in Chernobyl (I mean it even says that's where it is in the cut scene), so why wouldn't they use the real Chernobyl as the basis of the level map?
yes, those are all pulled from one level based in priypat (spelling?) and they used the real thing to make the map.
Pripyat
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6536|Milkystania, yurop
wwjd with some of u guys
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6473|A W S M F O X

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

OMFG, they modelled stuff on real life, almost like they did with the human characters, weapons, kits etc for every semi-realistic game since Mario.....

RIOT!!!!!
R THEY SUPERHUMANS?
Ninja_Kid2002

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

RIOT!!!!!
R THEY SUPERHUMANS?
They must have superhuman eyes which allow them to see things, and then transmit messages to their hands to allow them to reproduce them...
Wolverine, Peter Petrelli and Superman look out, the looky-seey-reproducey men are coming!
psH
Banned
+217|6393|Sydney

Airwolf wrote:

and the pool, creepy eh?

the chernobyl level in cod4 was described as 'this single level owned the whole STALKER game"
Metamort
+19|6695

Ashlite wrote:

Airwolf wrote:

and the pool, creepy eh?

the chernobyl level in cod4 was described as 'this single level owned the whole STALKER game"
Aww, I loved STALKER! I haven't played CoD4 yet (planning to... eventually... maybe when I get bored of BF2...) and it is pretty amazing walking into that real-life location, getting radiation warnings and fighting off religious zealots

As far as I know, aren't there actually tours of Pripyat or the exclusion zone or something now? I read something about that... seemed pretty dangerous to me but maybe they figure that the radiation isn't at the most dangerous levels anymore.

I just looked it up and, while wikipedia may not be the most trusted source, there may be a grain of truth that over 500 permanent residents (apparently mostly scientists and predominantly nuclear scientists), and that there are visitors to the Zone of Alienation.

Chernobyl is a very interesting subject to me, after playing STALKER I looked up a bit about it. It's cool that they included it in CoD4, I really need to try it now.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6400

Metamort wrote:

Ashlite wrote:

Airwolf wrote:

and the pool, creepy eh?

Aww, I loved STALKER! I haven't played CoD4 yet (planning to... eventually... maybe when I get bored of BF2...) and it is pretty amazing walking into that real-life location, getting radiation warnings and fighting off religious zealots

As far as I know, aren't there actually tours of Pripyat or the exclusion zone or something now? I read something about that... seemed pretty dangerous to me but maybe they figure that the radiation isn't at the most dangerous levels anymore.

I just looked it up and, while wikipedia may not be the most trusted source, there may be a grain of truth that over 500 permanent residents (apparently mostly scientists and predominantly nuclear scientists), and that there are visitors to the Zone of Alienation.

Chernobyl is a very interesting subject to me, after playing STALKER I looked up a bit about it. It's cool that they included it in CoD4, I really need to try it now.
Hey, in a hospital you'd get worried about much lower levels of radiation.  When I worked there, everything radioactive was covered in lead, and still the seed-finder (not geiger counter, but similar) went crazy when brought near.  I wouldn't go there, even if some people say it's safe.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6332|Orrstrayleea
Creepy
Ninja_Kid2002

some_random_panda wrote:

Metamort wrote:

Ashlite wrote:

Hey, in a hospital you'd get worried about much lower levels of radiation.  When I worked there, everything radioactive was covered in lead, and still the seed-finder (not geiger counter, but similar) went crazy when brought near.  I wouldn't go there, even if some people say it's safe.
My Dad always used to say, "What you can't see, can't hurt you"

...it's a shame he died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6378|Netherlands

Chernobyl is the coolest place on earth at this point. Why? Because if you want to travel back in time, that's where you should go. It's almost as if you're right there next to the meltdown. It's almost mythical and I was pleasntly surprised to see a Chernobyl level in COD4.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard