LT.Victim
+1,175|6571|British Columbia, Canada
So I talked to her a bit at lunch and after school.. Apparently it was a kind of mutual break up.. They talked last night and he knew something was wrong and he asked if it was about me, she said yes.. I don't know exactly what happened but they both agreed they needed to take a break...

But this coming Saturday, she is having her B-day party, which he is still coming too.. It's gonna be awkward as fuck for all three of us, but thats what she wants, so I'll live...
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6421|Michigan, USA

LT.Victim wrote:

So I talked to her a bit at lunch and after school.. Apparently it was a kind of mutual break up.. They talked last night and he knew something was wrong and he asked if it was about me, she said yes.. I don't know exactly what happened but they both agreed they needed to take a break...

But this coming Saturday, she is having her B-day party, which he is still coming too.. It's gonna be awkward as fuck for all three of us, but thats what she wants, so I'll live...
I can hazard a guess and say that you're probably going to be right.

Edit: I guess for now you can see how this week goes.  Just take it a day at a time, and deal with the party awkwardness when it happens.

Last edited by commandochristian (2008-01-21 18:09:08)

adam1503
+85|6397|Manchester, UK
I think this thread is trying to tell you something...

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/95thadam1503/gayship.jpg
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6421|Michigan, USA

With the Adblock addon for Firefox, I've pretty much eradicated all forms of ads on the websites I frequent.  Sure, I feel bad that I'm not helping Chuy make money, but it's ads like that ^^ that make me happy that I've blocked them.  I guess to compensate, I'll have to donate to Chuy again sometime soon here, but anyways, I'll hopefully cease this mini-derailment right here.  Back to the more important topic:

Update us when you can Ryan.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6850|Cologne, Germany

so Lindsey and her BF are taking a "break", eh ? well, at least she talked to him, so I guess that's a step in the right direction. But the question remains, what does that mean ? Did they break up ? or does she simply need time for herself, to think it all through ?

I'll say it again, if you still plan to get with her, you should start on equal terms. Do you trust her ? Are you sure her rational judgement is functioning properly ? Do you think she has made up her mind ? In other words: are you sure she is honest ? and ready ?

I still think it would be best for both of you to keep a little distance. Too much has happened in such a short time already, and this upcoming B-Day party looks like trouble, if you ask me.

I'll admit it has been a long time since I was 17 ( I am even older than hellhead ) but my advice to you would be to slow down. One important lesson I have learned in dealing with these things is that, with women, you have to keep your ability to think straight.
Emotions are important, but only one part of the equasion.
As ironic as it may seem, rational thought and clear thinking are just as important. Because if you lose yourself in the wave of emotions, mistakes happen, and all sorts of shit goes wrong.

again, good luck. keep us updated, if you want to.
Lai
+186|6159

LT.Victim wrote:

Bring your swords and pistols just in case,..

B.Schuss wrote:

I'll say it again, if you still plan to get with her, you should start on equal terms. Do you trust her ? Are you sure her rational judgement is functioning properly ? Do you think she has made up her mind ? In other words: are you sure she is honest ? and ready?
Of course he trusts her. Trust is an important factor in a relationship but I think you put too much emphasis on the question whether he can trust her rather than whether he's willing too. Eventually trusting her rather than distrusting her has to come from him, and the "trust" that matters is more this trust he's willing to lend her. Trust always implies a certain level of risk, but that's what it is. Unless she wears sunglasses in winter and/or sleeps with a 9mm under her pillow, in other words unless there is some reasonable indication of her guilt in being untrustworthy; I think she deserves at least the advantage of doubt. Perhaps you're right in stating that he should rationally assess his and her position towards eachother, but he shouldn't be overly paranoid either.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland

B.Schuss wrote:

so Lindsey and her BF are taking a "break", eh ? well, at least she talked to him, so I guess that's a step in the right direction. But the question remains, what does that mean ? Did they break up ? or does she simply need time for herself, to think it all through ?
I was gonna make the exact same point, it could well be that she just needs time to think things through and that it is jus a break, rather than a break-up. I know its hard, but try not to get over excited about it

B.Schuss wrote:

I'll admit it has been a long time since I was 17 ( I am even older than hellhead ) but my advice to you would be to slow down. One important lesson I have learned in dealing with these things is that, with women, you have to keep your ability to think straight.
Emotions are important, but only one part of the equasion.
As ironic as it may seem, rational thought and clear thinking are just as important. Because if you lose yourself in the wave of emotions, mistakes happen, and all sorts of shit goes wrong.
If you're that old, you should know how to spell equation
But yeah, I dont know about being in love when you're older, but at our age its almost impossible to try to think straight, let alone actually think straight
B.Schuss

bennisboy wrote:

..If you're that old, you should know how to spell equation ..
I'd say I am doing rather well for a non-native speaker. If your german is as good as my english, then we'll talk...

Lai wrote:

Of course he trusts her. Trust is an important factor in a relationship but I think you put too much emphasis on the question whether he can trust her rather than whether he's willing too. Eventually trusting her rather than distrusting her has to come from him, and the "trust" that matters is more this trust he's willing to lend her. Trust always implies a certain level of risk, but that's what it is. Unless she wears sunglasses in winter and/or sleeps with a 9mm under her pillow, in other words unless there is some reasonable indication of her guilt in being untrustworthy; I think she deserves at least the advantage of doubt. Perhaps you're right in stating that he should rationally assess his and her position towards eachother, but he shouldn't be overly paranoid either.
well, of course there is some level of risk involved, and believe me, if this was just a meaningless teenage affair for Ryan, I'd say go for it, have some fun, and ignore the consequences. Life's short...

But from what he tells us, this seems to be more serious for him. And this is why trust is so important. I mean let's face it, she did cheat on her BF. Of course, you can now find all sorts of explanations and excuses for that, but the fact remains.
If I was looking for a long-term relationship, would I be willing to get together with someone like that ? Could I trust her ? Under the given circumstances ?

If you were in Ryan's shoes, would you ?

The question is, what is Ryan looking for in a relationship with Lindsey ? short-term, long-term ? relaxed, or serious ? To what degreee is he emotionally involved, how much feelings is he investing, so to speak, etc...
To me, it seems he is quite heavily involved already, hence my advise for caution.

And now, turn the whole thing around and ask her the same questions...

Certainly, one could argue, as you implied, wether 17-year-olds are able to look at the whole thing rationally and think straight in the first place.
And I would agree that to some extent, teenagers that age have limited control over their emotions in these situations.
But Ryan is a clever guy. He can handle it. That's all part of growing up anyway. No way to get around it.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6445|Brisbane, Australia
hahaha rite on!

Lt....your in buddy, a "break" usually means that she is going to dump him, all she needs in conformation man. slow and steady wins the race!
samfink
+31|6564
I'd agree, a break ( my interpretation of it anyway) means she is trialling being apart from her b/f, and also that she told you means one of two things. 1) she was just updating you on her situation ( yeah right) or 2) she wants to go out with you ( I'd say that's it.). I would lay evens she's on a break to see if you'll ask her out, and if you do, dump him officially.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

re: Birthday party.  Metal detectors at the door...
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6357|Belfast

Ilocano wrote:

no
too far
LT.Victim

Ilocano wrote:

Na.. I'm not really worried about anything like that going down, me and the other guy are not the violent types..

If anything, we'll just stand in separate parts of the room and not talk to each other..

He tends to keep to himself a lot, he doesn't really get involved with any of her friends.. Which is fine for me, because I'm pretty much friends with most of her friends.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

LT.Victim wrote:

He tends to keep to himself a lot, he doesn't really get involved with any of her friends..
B.Schuss

LT.Victim wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Na.. I'm not really worried about anything like that going down, me and the other guy are not the violent types..

If anything, we'll just stand in separate parts of the room and not talk to each other..

He tends to keep to himself a lot, he doesn't really get involved with any of her friends.. Which is fine for me, because I'm pretty much friends with most of her friends.
best argument I have seen in a while.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6632|Camp XRay

I would just whip it out, say look here is how its gonna go down. Real smooth and romantic like.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
samfink
+31|6564

B.Schuss wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

best argument I have seen in a while.
I agree. shared friends are always better in a relationship. ( doesn't hurt that her parents like him too)

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I would just whip it out, say look here is how its gonna go down. Real smooth and romantic like.
yes, well you would.

Last edited by samfink (2008-01-22 10:59:51)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6157|'straya

Marlboroman82 wrote:

but ur talking about her BF right? not lindsey?

she doesnt seem like ur type. or gender

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2008-01-22 15:16:16)

Criminal
yo shut the fuck up charles
+20|6645
fuck them both til your meat throbs
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6157|'straya

Criminal wrote:

fuck them both til your meat throbs
sounds like u and Marlboroman would get on Great
LT.Victim
Fuck, I'm suspose to be working on a School project, but I keep getting sidetracked, plus I have a huge ass headache right now, so I'm waiting for the drugz0r to kick in.. so I mine as well update..

I talked to her on MSN..

She had some "concerns"

.: ŁiиdSеY...its a partay tyme  says:
random question........if we dated would things change?
®ýªñ says:
Like what in praticular?
idunno like once were together you realize you dont want to be...in other words you just like the chase
®ýªñ says:
well no
®ýªñ says:
Because, to be honest, it already feels like we are dating, just with the.. Physical part I guess
®ýªñ says:
And I haven't lost interest
.: ŁiиdSеY...its a partay tyme says:
yeah thats what i was thinking
And..

if we dated would you stop flirting with cassie..lol
®ýªñ says:
Do you think I'm flirting with cassie?
no, but shes with you..
and you let her
And just to let everyone know.. I have no feelings what so ever with this "Cassie" girl.. And I made damn sure that she knows..

Last edited by LT.Victim (2008-01-23 00:07:41)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6399

LT.Victim wrote:

Fuck, I'm suspose to be working on a School project, but I keep getting sidetracked, plus I have a huge ass headache right now, so I'm waiting for the drugz0r to kick in.. so I mine as well update..

I talked to her on MSN..

She had some "concerns"

®ýªñ says:
Like what in praticular?
idunno like once were together you realize you dont want to be...in other words you just like the chase
®ýªñ says:
well no
®ýªñ says:
Because, to be honest, it already feels like we are dating, just with the.. Physical part I guess
®ýªñ says:
.: ŁiиdSеY...its a partay tyme=) says:
And..

®ýªñ says:
no, but shes with you..
and you let her
And just to let everyone know.. I have no feelings what so ever with this "Cassie" girl.. And I made damn sure that she knows..
Lol at the Cassie part.  Enjoy the ride, man, enjoy the ride.  Hell, who knows what's going to happen?  Just go where the tide takes you.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6157|'straya

LT.Victim wrote:

I talked to her on MSN..

She had some "concerns"

®ýªñ says:
Like what in praticular?
®ýªñ says:
well no
®ýªñ says:
®ýªñ says:
.: ŁiиdSеY...its a partay tyme=) says:
And..

®ýªñ says:
no, but shes with you..
and you let her
well shes jealous of some other chick that she thinks is close to u...

Lindsey <3's Ryan

*giggles*
LT.Victim

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

well shes jealous of some other chick that she thinks is close to u...

Lindsey <3's Ryan

*giggles*
Me asking her if I can post the MSN convo..

: ŁiиdSеY...its a partay tyme says:
just do it...they'll  be like oh she likes you, shes jelous..
I think she wins.
Eugefunk84
+48|6542

pirana6 wrote:

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

lol, highschool drama
srsly
lulz, been there

ride it out, itll work out one way or another, dont stress too much, plenty of fish in the sea

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard