Aardcore
+60|6717|USA, Arizona

Darth_Rambo wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

Darth_Rambo wrote:

Patch is only for BF2.....not BF2:SF!!   I assume that Euro will update BF2:SF.
No that's the thing I WAS on BF2, was opening some Karkand map server with 32 people on it and then it gave me this weird 'error' type message that said I need to revert back to the original version of BF2, it was weird.
I went to the 'Community' tab and activated BF2 before I joined a server. Try that.
Sweet, I'll try that.
TrigZ
+0|6652|Australia
204.13.66.49:16567 16 slots... free slots

69.1.227.56:16567    40 slots... lots free

69.1.227.58:16567  40 slots... lots free

72.36.185.29:16567 32 slots... all free

theres heaps of empty servers and they are north american ones.. come on aussies.! lol
TheGreatTykos
+3|6728|Berea, OH
I'll wait to download it from a legit site (EA, FileFront w/e) if this is even the real patch.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6838
Glad I didn't patch yet. only downloaded it.

Guys, EA won't have it up yet because EA doesn't do the patches! DICE has it on their site, they do the patches. That's official enough for me.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6845
https://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6482/2ndleut6mt.jpg WOOT@!!!!!

Last edited by -(PK)-DarkIllusion (2006-02-13 23:00:12)

Khaotiks
+0|6652

Darth_Rambo wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

Darth_Rambo wrote:

No that's the thing I WAS on BF2, was opening some Karkand map server with 32 people on it and then it gave me this weird 'error' type message that said I need to revert back to the original version of BF2, it was weird.
I went to the 'Community' tab and activated BF2 before I joined a server. Try that.
Doesn't work...
Guruz
Sir
+20|6843|government yard in trenchtown.
http://rapidshare.de/files/13228674/BF2 … 2.exe.html

very fast download, at least for european users.

this is the 1.12 -> 1.2 version FYI.
AdamEcks
+1|6707|Canada, Eh.

IvysDad wrote:

AdamEcks wrote:

IvysDad wrote:

I know that there was a lot of talk about the new ranks but did they lower the points qual for the enlisted ranks?
Not that I could tell. I have 32K and I'm still first sergent. I hear that sergent major dropped to 45K though.
Damn thought that they would lower the qual for 1stSgt/MSgt....oh well.
They could have, I was already passed 20K so i wouldn't know if they did. But there is already a 25K gap between 1st sergent and sergent major so I wouldn't think they would make that bigger.
Havazn
+39|6698|van.ca

Aardcore wrote:

Darth_Rambo wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

This sucks! Downloaded it, was hyped up, installed it, ready to go... now when I try joining a game it says I need to revert back to the 'original' version of Battlefield 2. I got ripped off!

Also, still says it's version 1.12 for me when I looked at the main menu screen.
Have Ranked and Same version only checked. Only a handful of server should appear as these are the only ones running the new patch. THis includes 3 EA US OFFICIAL WC servers. I have played these. They work.

If you attempt to connect to a server that is not updated. You will get a version Error.
Khaotiks
+0|6652

Havazn wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

Darth_Rambo wrote:

Have Ranked and Same version only checked. Only a handful of server should appear as these are the only ones running the new patch. THis includes 3 EA US OFFICIAL WC servers. I have played these. They work.

If you attempt to connect to a server that is not updated. You will get a version Error.
NO THEY DONT, I have all the correct filters applied, IT DOESNT WORK!
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6733|Honolulu, HI

Khaotiks wrote:

Havazn wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

Roger that.  Also sometimes I get an additional pop-up from Punkbuster that says simply, "No server selected", and after I click OK I get the usual "modified content" message.  Does that help?
Havazn
+39|6698|van.ca

Khaotiks wrote:

Havazn wrote:

Aardcore wrote:

You're shit out of luck then.

I will not believe just yet that the filter system works. I'm just saying thats the filters i have applied and I get the working servers.
slidero
Colonel Slidero

These ranks are odd.  Colonel appears to be the highest one you can get but there are 4 ranks higher than it.  I did like the changes to the G3 though

Last edited by slidero (2006-02-13 23:08:27)

MrPredictable
+14|6691
My battlefeild loads to the point where the into movies are about to play, then crashes to desktop. WTF ea/dice.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6746

Well couple of questions---

A.Does the req for Sergeant Major Change?
B.Is anyone else having severe lag issues?
C.Is there any one else who cant see any buildings?

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2006-02-13 23:14:59)

AnGR5e
+0|6669

MrPredictable wrote:

My battlefeild loads to the point where the into movies are about to play, then crashes to desktop. WTF ea/dice.
same!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6764|San Antonio, Texas

MrPredictable wrote:

IT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL PATCH!

I got the patch to work from http://www.bf2.se/page.php?id=584. Just read German, register and download.

Jestar12345 wrote:

Well couple of questions---

A.Does the req for Sergeant Major Change?
B.Is anyone else having severe lag issues?
C.Is there any one else who cant see any buildings?
A) Don't know.
B) No.
C) No.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2006-02-13 23:16:50)

DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6659|Los Angeles, CA
Ohhh DAMMIT! Can someone that patched their BF2 please upload their BF2.exe? I messed mine up because my BF2.exe was renamed to BF2x.exe for some reason.. lnaskdlansdkljnaskljn PLZ :\
Atlas
+0|6685

HerrHav0k wrote:

Fuck that. Wait 'til it's official. Isn't this the client side only? How are servers going to run it?
Yep, gonna wait for the official release myself as well. EA still hasn't even mentioned the release have they? And you can't download it off their website, so I don't trust this yet.
MrPredictable
+14|6691
It was working perfectly until I installed the new patch. ideas anyone?

Last edited by MrPredictable (2006-02-13 23:16:47)

Maj.Do
+85|6756|good old CA
mine still says 1.12 in the corner but i already unlocked the l96
TheGreatTykos
+3|6728|Berea, OH

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Glad I didn't patch yet. only downloaded it.

Guys, EA won't have it up yet because EA doesn't do the patches! DICE has it on their site, they do the patches. That's official enough for me.
I don't see it on their site.  How bout a link?
sparklet
Banned
+34|6752|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
IT WORKS

fools

dumb fools

LOOK
FUK
my screenies didn;t take im fukinf fool
BTW how do you take a SS of the BFHQ inever seem to be able to do that....
i kow its prnt/screen but it wont take??
AdamEcks
+1|6707|Canada, Eh.
Yeah, you skeptics really need to gain some trust. The patch works fine and I hear that it's on DICE's site.

Plus IndianScout would not post false links. He is too involved with BF2 for me not to trust.

And I already posted a SS on page 4 of the continuing red name bug. Notice in the text "i thought they fixed that" implying that they have the new patch.

Last edited by AdamEcks (2006-02-13 23:26:05)

sparklet
Banned
+34|6752|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
yeh hes BF2RS admin how could he lie??
BTW look at ma sig
you can see i got 2nd lt and it DOES WORK

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard