adam1503
+85|6397|Manchester, UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7200101.stm

He said the sacrifices "included the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart, which was divided into pieces for us to eat."

Mr Blahyi, 37, is better known in Liberia as "General Butt Naked" because he went into combat with no clothes on, to scare the enemy.

He is now often seen preaching on street corners and churches in the capital, Monrovia.

"I now preach against murder and making human sacrifices," he said.

"Some people see me and congratulate me.

"Others see me and say I should not be walking down the streets of Monrovia posing proud. But I continue to tell such people I am not proud, I am ashamed."
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6311
Wow. Just Wow
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5970|Washington DC
That is just weird.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6517
CommieChipmunk
+488|6579|Portland, OR, USA
eating cardiac muscle -> evangelical preacher...

that is one twisted road
Stimey
­
+786|6129|Ontario | Canada
Ya, probably better I didn't look at that.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6640|New Hampshire, USA
at least he's not proud of it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

CommieChipmunk wrote:

that is one twisted road
isn't that the route most preachers take?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Hmmmmm....

People gave me shit for saying most of Africa is a failed continent.  Well, is this enough for you?  I saw this shit all the time in places like Liberia and many others.  No I never saw some dude eating a heart, but we knew of people cutting off children's heads, putting them in a bag, then showing the bag full of heads to the mothers of the village.  Of course the mothers could not do anything since their husbands were dead and they chopped the women's hands and breasts off.  But oh ya, I am the bigot for saying that.  pftttt....

Maybe you people will learn one day.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5970|Washington DC

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hmmmmm....

People gave me shit for saying most of Africa is a failed continent.  Well, is this enough for you?  I saw this shit all the time in places like Liberia and many others.  No I never saw some dude eating a heart, but we knew of people cutting off children's heads, putting them in a bag, then showing the bag full of heads to the mothers of the village.  Of course the mothers could not do anything since their husbands were dead and they chopped the women's hands and breasts off.  But oh ya, I am the bigot for saying that.  pftttt....

Who the hell thinks it's successful? Even the strongest nations like South Africa still have lots of issues.
NantanCochise
+55|5988|Portugal/United States
Hang the sick fuck, so to speak. I know that he admitted it, I know he is ashamed, but there needs to be justice for the victims.
twiistaaa
+87|6678|mexico

NantanCochise wrote:

Hang the sick fuck, so to speak. I know that he admitted it, I know he is ashamed, but there needs to be justice for the victims.
he was brought into it at 11. im not sure at least at that age he is responsible for his actions when his society is telling him its fine. its fucked up, but i think killing him would do nothing except kill him. its not going to bring anyone back.

he has been where few have been before him and he should be used to bring these problems to light. if he was killed people would forget him, keep him alive and it counteracts the "out of sight, out of mind" problem.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
Moved to DAST.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6654

Stimey wrote:

Ya, probably better I didn't look at that.
agree
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6714|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Well, hopefully he can find a nice therapist...
CommieChipmunk
+488|6579|Portland, OR, USA

Poseidon wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

that is one twisted road
isn't that the route most preachers take?
usually it's the other way around... except I guess they replace eating hearts with molesting young boys, but that's beside the point.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hmmmmm....

This is usmarine2005 lately;

https://www.belandband.com/pages/Good%20Friday/procession/hrug_halliel.jpg
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6635|Sea to globally-cooled sea

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hmmmmm....

I agree with you.  And I've even said that the only reason the middle east isn't like africa is because it has oil.  Otherwise the same exact issues would exist there, too.
David.P
Banned
+649|6283

ATG wrote:

https://www.belandband.com/pages/Good%20Friday/procession/hrug_halliel.jpg
Sacrificing himself for the good of others? Or just pissed off at late for all the shit he's been given?

Last edited by David.P (2008-01-21 19:19:13)

clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5965|Minnesota
regardless of whether or not he deserves punishment he's doing good now
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
Um...  I realize Christianity preaches forgiveness, but even if I was Christian, I wouldn't exactly trust someone that did that shit.  Once you cross into cannibal territory (especially eating children), it's hard to fathom redemption.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477

Turquoise wrote:

Um...  I realize Christianity preaches forgiveness, but even if I was Christian, I wouldn't exactly trust someone that did that shit.  Once you cross into cannibal territory (especially eating children), it's hard to fathom redemption.
But that is some whack-ass pagan cult not Christianity that he's into.
Reciprocity
+721|6590|the dank(super) side of Oregon
when Africans go to war they don't fuck around.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2008-01-21 19:26:45)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

ATG wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hmmmmm....

http://www.belandband.com/pages/Good%20 … alliel.jpg
the fuck does that mean?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

But that is some whack-ass pagan cult not Christianity that he's into.
Maybe I misread the article.  He's now an evangelist, right?  I realize the human sacrifice thing was not even remotely Christian, but he's now a Christian preacher right?  He's essentially trying to redeem himself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard