Jackabo
+127|6566|Dublin, Ireland
I'm having trouble with self confidence... I wake up everyday thinking that this is the day I will be more confident but it's not really working...

Any advice?
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6560|Scotland

Jackabo wrote:

I'm having trouble with self confidence... I wake up everyday thinking that this is the day I will be more confident but it's not really working...

Any advice?
Need more info on yourself to get advice.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85

Words to live by.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6579|USA
the only way to really gain self confidence is to stop caring what people think about you.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York
https://blogs.zdnet.com/images/enzyte1.jpg
https://www.rxzone.us/images/products/big/824664.jpg
Eugefunk84
+48|6542
its all a state of mind.

I went through a really tough time regarding self confidence after my girl and I split a few years ago. What helped me was to just do things that I wanted to do. No matter what, I did exactly what I wanted, when I wanted. Spoiled myself, you could say. This caused me to develop a fuck-all attitude to everyone else, and I realized I couldnt give a shit about what other ppl thought of me, be it physically, or mental. And here I am now, very confident, with a beautiful new girl, and life is good.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6140|Carnoustie, Scotland
Buy new clothes, get a new haircut, smile, and don't take shit from anyone <-- that's the most important part.
Criminal
yo shut the fuck up charles
+20|6645

Jackabo wrote:

Any advice?
so you ask the internet?? wow... you really do have a problem here kid
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Yeah, hold yourself well, dress to feel comfortable and realise that everyone's too tied up in their own lives to really care about any mistakes you make.

Another way to give yourself a bit of a confidence boost is to alter your thinking just a bit to think like a person or character you admire. Personally whenever I need a confidence boost I start thinking more like Alan Shore, (from the show Boston Legal.) Just that extra bit of arrogance and the inflated feeling of self-esteem only a script writer can provide can really help.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Simon
basically
+838|6666|UK
How old are you Jackabo? Some info would help people give advice.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
Dr. Quirkey's Goodtime Emporium, O'Connell St.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-21 15:27:29)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

buy a gun
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5964|Minnesota
just tell everyone you see who pisses you off to suck it, if they're some authority figure and they say it's disrespectful, tell them to double suck it
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6784

Criminal wrote:

GET THE FUCK OUT.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
My dad gave me some advice when I was about 6. "Just get on with it."
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6724

Criminal wrote:

Jackabo wrote:

Any advice?
There will always be people that try to make themselves feel better by making fun of someone else... when they are just as unsure
of themselves as you...

do something that you fear doing... little things like saying hey to a girl... or standing up for yourself... and realize that
even famous actors and musicians and people that seem to have it all... have times where they feel unconfident...

People are more worried about what you think of them... than what you think they think of you...
Love is the answer
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6140|Carnoustie, Scotland
Quick fixes include: Getting drunk with friends (No offence, but if you have any.) Doing something to give you an adrenalin boost, doing something to the best of your ability and being very proud of it, whether it's a headshot on BF2, making a desk tidy, doing homework (If applicable.), doing whatever you do at work really well (If applicable.)
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

I used to lack confidence, in a way I still do, but what I've gained has been through not caring what others think of me very much any more .
Dersmikner
+147|6506|Texas
Only one thing can give you confidence. Accomplishments.

It doesn't matter if you're tall, short, skinny, fat, rich, poor, funny or droll. What gives you a sense of pride, and the accompanying self-confidence, is the knowledge that you have accomplished something.

I've known plenty of people who were rich because Daddy gave them money, and they weren't self-confident. They KNEW they hadn't earned it. I've known plenty of people who were this, that, or the other but if they didn't create something, build something, achieve something, they had no confidence.

Go out and climb a 14,000 peak. See if that doesn't give you some self-confidence. Try sky-diving. You do that once and you won't give a good shit what some 6'2" tall super-model looking ground hugging pussy boy thinks. Make straight "A"s for a year or two and tell me you won't feel good about yourself.

Skip the computer, skip drinking, skip fucking around and accomplishing nothing. Set yourself a goal, running a marathon, reading 5 classics and understanding them, acting in a local troupe for a season, hiking a killer trail, 100 averages in all your classes for 6 weeks, and then accomplish your goal. That and that alone will give you true inner self-confidence. Once you've done that you can do all the fucking around and drinking and playing BF2 you want.

I'm short (5'8"), slightly (and I mean slightly) above average in looks, and probably no more athletic than your average 40 year old white guy, but I am confident because I know if I lost it all tomorrow I could do it again. I KNOW that I can set myself a goal and do what it takes to reach that goal. Start learning how to do that, and the self-confidence will come. Deciding to do something and actually doing it will make you see yourself in a new light, and once that light is on, only you can let it go out. You'll develop faith in yourself when you've proven to yourself that you are a winner. Once you've got that faith in yourself, you'll be too busy kicking ass to have time to take names.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2008-01-21 15:28:08)

clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5964|Minnesota
don't worry what others think of you, in the end it's not between them and you anyway.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

join the IRA
Simon
basically
+838|6666|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

buy a gun

usmarine2005 wrote:

join the IRA
Join the IRA and buy a gun? Sounds like a plan.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
Play paintball.

I remember when I got my first elimination.

I felt so damn accomplished and confident.

..That might not help in day-to-day life though. Dunno...

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-01-21 15:41:15)

Shaguart
Titties
+56|6377|Calgary, Canada
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/skilllzzz/confidence.jpg
??

no but really... Ask a girl out, or something. its hard to say because i dont know much about you.
But if your a quiet type person and dont have much friends (not making fun just saying) then try and get out of ur shell and do something fun.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6648
Get laid, that'll build it up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard