simmy.uk
+117|6446
Why is it to convert to microsoft office 2007 it costs £140 on the microsoft website, but to buy the software new, including discs from www.amazon.co.uk it costs just £70
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI … ROKL5A1OLE
seems like they are trying to do people there?
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

could be different versions etc. Some are upgrade versions and not full.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-01-20 17:18:46)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6138|North Tonawanda, NY

simmy.uk wrote:

Why is it to convert to microsoft office 2007 it costs £140 on the microsoft website, but to buy the software new, including discs from www.amazon.co.uk it costs just £70
Academic editions of software are usually heavily discounted, but you can't use them commercially.  They also don't include certain features.  Like, the amazon link you gave is Home and Student edition, which is only Word, Excel, OneNote, and Powerpoint.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

SenorToenails wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

Academic editions of software are usually heavily discounted, but you can't use them commercially.  They also don't include certain features.  Like, the amazon link you gave is Home and Student edition, which is only Word, Excel, OneNote, and Powerpoint.
Wow i did not realize they bundled onenote with anything. Its a useful tool.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6558|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
rapidshare + phazeddl = free

I wouldn't bother anyway, I have 2007 and it's more trouble than it's worth!  Everytime I save a document for the first time, I have to go through the "save as" menu and remember to change the format to 97-2003 Office as virtually everyone I know (most businesses too) use the old version and thus can't open the new format.  Then I get a message telling me how all the new features I've used won't work if I save it that way so I just have to hope that whoever opens it gets it the way I intended...

Secondly, the new 'ribbon' design makes things that were one click before several now.  They may have made it more "intuitive" but it's also a lot slower if you're used to leagacy versions.

If it wasn't for the improved (and needed) functions in Excel I'd probably uninstall it.

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2008-01-20 18:22:39)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6657

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

rapidshare + phazeddl = free

I wouldn't bother anyway, I have 2007 and it's more trouble than it's worth!  Everytime I save a document for the first time, I have to go through the "save as" menu and remember to change the format to 97-2003 Office as virtually everyone I know (most businesses too) use the old version and thus can't open the new format.  Then I get a message telling me how all the new features I've used won't work if I save it that way so I just have to hope that whoever opens it gets it the way I intended...

Secondly, the new 'ribbon' design makes things that were one click before several now.  They may have made it more "intuitive" but it's also a lot slower if you're used to leagacy versions.

If it wasn't for the improved (and needed) functions in Excel I'd probably uninstall it.
Install Office 2003 - Excel, install Office 2007 - everything but Excel.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6558|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

ghettoperson wrote:

Install Office 2003 - Excel, install Office 2007 - everything but Excel.
Can't be arsed with mixed installations, besides I am starting to get used it now.  But I'm pretty handy with computers, my compaint was more from the perspective of helping others as I can't be arsed to train them using 2007.  My mum for example needed Office installin today on her new PC but I went with 2003 because she'd never accept having to learn the ribbon and changing the format each time.

I really think MS f*cked up with 2k7.  Fair enough they wanted to overhaul it but at least give people the option of the "classic" menu if they don't want to use the ribbon.  And patch legacy versions so they can read the new format!
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

And patch legacy versions so they can read the new format!
They did.
ATG
Banned

simmy.uk wrote:

I gave you a link to the right spot for this...
One of the DST regulars got crucified last week over this so...

HOW in the FUCK am I supposed to what what this thread is about from your title?
HOW in the HELL could this be considered DST material in the first place?

Overall, you have a epic failure of a thread for the above mentions reasons.
Now, gtfo noob.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

ATG wrote:

Overall, you have a epic failure of a thread for the above mentions reasons.
Now, gtfo noob.
If there were any mods on right now, I am sure they could move the thread...but there aren't.

But, I think he should have known better.  He has been registered for ~500 days and is obviously active enough to have ~100 karma.
ATG
Banned
Groan.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85
Closed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard