Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6659|Camoran's Paradise
I just moved back to college, and for downloading purposes, I need to set my port to the one assigned to my room.
Does anyone know how to find out what port you are using based on IP address or something else?
fyrestoof
+14|6010|Essen, Germany

Ganko_06 wrote:

I just moved back to college, and for downloading purposes, I need to set my port to the one assigned to my room.
Does anyone know how to find out what port you are using based on IP address or something else?
Say What?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6774|San Antonio, Texas
Port 80 is the HTTP port and port 8080 is HTTP-alt, try those. I doubt those will work though becase schools now-a-days have port filter/blockers, so you most likely need to call the school's tech department and ask them.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

fyrestoof wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

Say What?
Ok, my university's internet server assigns internet ports to every IP address on it's network.  My torrent downloader uses one of those ports.  So as not mess up someone else's internet connection, I want to set the torrent downloader to use my internet port.
jsnipy
+3,276|6537|...

I doubt you have a dedicated port listening to point to your internal IP.

Do you have a private IP address on your machine (i.e. 192.168.*.* or  10.10.*.*) ?

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-01-16 21:25:01)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6611|Seattle

I have a feeling they mean the number on the faceplate on the wall. Is it labeled?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6730
open dos... type... ipconfig /all
and post what it says... mac address    etc
Love is the answer
fyrestoof
+14|6010|Essen, Germany

King_County_Downy wrote:

I have a feeling they mean the number on the faceplate on the wall. Is it labeled?
yeah just look for that its probally printed on there
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

fyrestoof wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

yeah just look for that its probally printed on there
I know that's not it. (Besides, the wall port says "DATA 4-4")

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

open dos... type... ipconfig /all
and post what it says... mac address    etc
I did that but there is no mac address listed.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6453|King Of The Islands

Ganko_06 wrote:

fyrestoof wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

Say What?
Ok, my university's internet server assigns internet ports to every IP address on it's network.  My torrent downloader uses one of those ports.  So as not mess up someone else's internet connection, I want to set the torrent downloader to use my internet port.
Port Forwarding is handled on the inbound to the Uni, ie: the IT Staff.

Unless you give them you're MAC address and ask them to assign you a specific port, it is not possible.

You won't fuck up anyone elses, its just you can only talk to leechers you initiate a connection to, (as opposed to them starting with you).

Better yet, get Azureus, as it finds leechers on your local network.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

Cheez wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

fyrestoof wrote:

Say What?
Port Forwarding is handled on the inbound to the Uni, ie: the IT Staff.

Unless you give them you're MAC address and ask them to assign you a specific port, it is not possible.

You won't fuck up anyone elses, its just you can only talk to leechers you initiate a connection to, (as opposed to them starting with you).

Better yet, get Azureus, as it finds leechers on your local network.
Already use it.  I guess I won't worry about it if it doesn't mess with anyone else.  Thanks.
mikkel
+383|6615

jsnipy wrote:

I doubt you have a dedicated port listening to point to your internal IP.
Don't underestimate the ridiculous solutions thought up by people in academic environments They could have a PAT setup with high order port forwarding if they're too stingy to get a decently sized NAT pool. It sounds horrible, but it's plausible.

OT: Call your IT department.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-01-16 23:11:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard