SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6616
I am just curious. I have recently seen many shows about prisons and 1 common theme is their over crowded.
I guess the question really is

How would you solve the over population problem in prisons?

Last edited by SGT_Dicklewicz (2008-01-15 22:57:19)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85
They would have what incentive to do what we tell them?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
why is serving a punishment?  Its a privilege  1% of the population qualify for.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-01-15 20:33:21)

geNius
..!.,
+144|6434|SoCal
1) Overcrowded prisons ARE an issue.

2) I don't know about you, but if I was serving a life sentence, I'd take the first opportunity in Iraq to split.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
cospengle
+140|6479|Armidale, NSW, Australia

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

IWhy don't we give some of these criminals some sort of option to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan,(like drive the 1st Humvee down the street).
Waste of a HUMVEE? Dunno, but I think it would be better to prevent the problem than solve it.
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6226|Texas
3 meals a day, shelter, exercise, medical care, and less physical labor than being mexican. why not go to prison?
David.P
Banned
+649|6265

Yellowman03 wrote:

3 meals a day, shelter, exercise, medical care, and less physical labor than being mexican. why not go to prison?
Rape...
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6293
If you also noticed there are tons of "gang" fights or "shankings" thus lowering the population very little but still lowering.

But they are getting over crowded.

I vote to open up alcatraz!
Yellowman03
+108|6226|Texas

David.P wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

Rape...
butt-plug ftw.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6438|Chicago, IL
you want to give convicted violent offenders automatic assault rifles?

might make for a good reality show, but not a good army...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

They would have what incentive to do what we tell them?
Shoot them if they fail. Freedom if they win.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
Im offended at the thought of service in war for the United States military being considered a punishment for some low life piece of shit criminal to get out of his debt to society.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-01-15 20:44:56)

David.P
Banned
+649|6265

Bull3t wrote:

If you also noticed there are tons of "gang" fights or "shankings" thus lowering the population very little but still lowering.

But they are getting over crowded.

I vote to open up alcatraz!
Alcaltraz + proximity to San francisco = Sodomy city
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Im offended at the thought of service in war for the United State military being considered a punishment for some low life piece of shit criminal to get out of his debt to society.
I don't understand how one could possibly think a convict would be fit to serve. In a choice between someone who was willing to serve their country and someone who is there because they committed a cowardly act such as killing someone in cold blood, I'd much rather have the guy who wants to be there watching my ass when the shit hits the fan.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

I am just curious. I have recently seen many shows about prisons and 1 common theme is their over crowded.
Why don't we give some of these criminals some sort of option to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan, maybe some as fighters, but mainly in some sort of support role (like drive the 1st Humvee down the street). I think this issue is a very important to America and it isn't even mentioned.
Just thought it would be an interesting issue to discuss.
Because it would be a lot harder to win the hearts and minds with warped criminal shock troopers?

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Im offended at the thought of service in war for the United State military being considered a punishment for some low life piece of shit criminal to get out of his debt to society.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-01-15 20:42:44)

Yellowman03
+108|6226|Texas

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

agreed...not only is being a soldier noble...they're also making us look bad out there. They steal stuff, kill civilians, and what not.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6641
more prisoners, more soap dropping...I don't see why they would complain.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
What we need is another Australia. Somewhere new and untamed and full of empty space with nobody* to object about being loaded up with petty criminals and colonists.

Maybe we need to ship these people out in big spinning metal tubes in random directions to start space colonies?

* Nobody meaning 'nobody who speaks english or can get an idea of what's actually going on'. Or 'nobody with a flag'.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6616
Yeah. A prison system like the Steve Mcqueen Movie "Papillon"

I did not mean any disrespect to the Military in my initial comment. My Apologies.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command

Yellowman03 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

agreed...not only is being a soldier noble...they're also making us look bad out there. They steal stuff, kill civilians, and what not.
wtf is that supposed to mean?
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

Who says they are not an issue?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

ATG wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

wtf is that supposed to mean?
Another grand generalization formed of fabrication and isolated incident.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708

Yellowman03 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

are you saying soldiers steal things/kill civilians and my favorite expression..."what not" lol?
or prisoners?
Love is the answer
devilhammer
+16|6586|San Marcos, Texas

Yellowman03 wrote:

David.P wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

Rape...
butt-plug ftw.
Its called anally inserted razor blades, make em think first before raping you again.....
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6274|Pennsyltucky

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

Why don't we give some of these criminals some sort of option to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan, maybe some as fighters, but mainly in some sort of support role (like drive the 1st Humvee down the street). I think this issue is a very important to America and it isn't even mentioned.
Just thought it would be an interesting issue to discuss.
I would think TRUST would be an issue.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard