DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Commie Killer wrote:

Scratch all that, found the pins. They were in another box.
Okay, you're all good, as long as you POST HERE ABOUT EVERYTHING that you don't surely know!

DU out ->
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6413|Finland

remember to connect the fan to the mobo too.... !
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Commie Killer
+192|6385

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

remember to connect the fan to the mobo too.... !
Its part of heat sink. I think I got this, any questions will come here. Thank you.
Commie Killer
+192|6385
Question. Plugging fan in, it says connect to 3 PWM pin. There is only a 4 pin one labeled CPU Fan. Do I put it on there and ignore the other one? If so, what side do I plug it into?
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Commie Killer wrote:

Just a question. And I promise to never touch a computer after this, but will the mobo be ok?
Don't say that. Noone learns by doing everything perfectly all the time. Looks at this way, you just payed for some education in awareness.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-01-15 15:07:01)

Commie Killer
+192|6385

jsnipy wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Just a question. And I promise to never touch a computer after this, but will the mobo be ok?
Don't say that. Noone learns by doing everything perfectly all the time. Looks at this way, you just payed for some education in awareness.
Actually I got it free, barely. Thankfully.
Commie Killer
+192|6385
Got fan in, I am 99% thats right. Time for RAM and video card, I know how to do that, not sure about the sound card though.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6573|London
wow this thread is BRUTAL

Time for e-suicide tbh

btw dude I don't think people are laughing because you don't know how to install a cpu, after all only like the 0.0001 geekiest percent of the population actually do know. It's more just because you really shouldn't try to do anything...and fail so catastrophically if you don't have a clue what's going on. Indeed next time leave it to the pr0s
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Thanks dude. When I start building my comp in a day or 2 and stuff up, I now wont look as bad
Commie Killer
+192|6385

Aries_37 wrote:

wow this thread is BRUTAL

Time for e-suicide tbh

btw dude I don't think people are laughing because you don't know how to install a cpu, after all only like the 0.0001 geekiest percent of the population actually do know. It's more just because you really shouldn't try to do anything...and fail so catastrophically if you don't have a clue what's going on. Indeed next time leave it to the pr0s
I didnt wanna spend. Of course, I almost lost 5 times that because I fucked up... Lifes lessons.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Get this guy away from computers ASAP!

Aries_37 wrote:

btw dude I don't think people are laughing because you don't know how to install a cpu, after all only like the 0.0001 geekiest percent of the population actually do know.
That's not true. You don't even have to be a geek to know how to install anything, it's all in the instructions, just takes 2 to 5 min of reading. ...But there are people who like to just jump into things and worry about the instructions later

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-01-15 15:16:10)

cospengle
+140|6485|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Commie Killer wrote:

Got fan in, I am 99% thats right. Time for RAM and video card, I know how to do that, not sure about the sound card though.
Well if it's the 1% and it's wrong you'll notice when you power on the system and the fan isn't running. No fan isn't a problem for a little while as the CPU won't get too hot straight away (as long as the heatsink is on). But turn off the power if you see the fan doesn't start.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Commie Killer wrote:

Just pop it in the PCI slot.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6573|London

mtb0minime wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

btw dude I don't think people are laughing because you don't know how to install a cpu, after all only like the 0.0001 geekiest percent of the population actually do know.
That's not true. You don't even have to be a geek to know how to install anything, it's all in the instructions, just takes 2 to 5 min of reading. ...But there are people who like to just jump into things and worry about the instructions later
When was the last time your mum bought a pc part off the net? The vast majority of people go to dell.com and buy some prebuilt crap when they need a pc. The only people who buy parts are the ones who already know what they're doing and want a faster/cheaper build ^^
Although I agree this case is the exception to that rule
Commie Killer
+192|6385

haffeysucks wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Yeah, was gonna do that, it fits perfectly. thing is, the connectors on the card are like this:
|||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||
And on the motherboard is is like this:
|||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DUnlimited
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Commie Killer wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Yeah, was gonna do that, it fits perfectly. thing is, the connectors on the card are like this:
No worries.
Commie Killer
+192|6385

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

No worries.
Alright thought so, but like you said, I wanted to make sure.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Always better sure
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6399|Leuven, Belgium
Oh, thanks for making my day
Commie Killer
+192|6385

elbekko wrote:

Oh, thanks for making my day
Glad to be a entertainment.
Commie Killer
+192|6385
Not really related. But my EVGA card said Crysis came along with it but Crysis aint in the box. Anyone know why?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6413|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

Not really related. But my EVGA card said Crysis came along with it but Crysis aint in the box. Anyone know why?
Is there a download code or something?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
tiptopT
+72|6580|Scotland's Capital
You've just outdone White-Fusion!! Congrats
Commie Killer
+192|6385

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Aint seen one so far. I was looking for that.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6413|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Aint seen one so far. I was looking for that.
are you sure you got the Crysis bundle version since there should be a disc for it!

https://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/14-130-312-09.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard