https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/pirana6/MartinLutherKingJr.jpg

Rest in peace.

https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/pirana6/MartinLutherKingHaveaDream.jpg

https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/pirana6/martin-luther-king2.jpg

https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/pirana6/mlk.jpg

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction.... The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA
so thats why i have next monday off from school....

jk.

unfortunately, the fight is far from over.

edit: .

Last edited by Ender2309 (2008-01-15 00:07:32)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Just finished watching "I have a dream" speech.
I'm gonna be completely honest, I cried a little. It's damn powerful.

Last edited by pirana6 (2008-01-15 00:21:19)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
this thread needs more attention
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
R.I.P. Martin Luther King.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
MLK = Respect, Admiration
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
its a shame we could spend more time bagging on each other and giving each other insults in a thread instead of honoring the man that made it possible for so many to be treated equally in my country.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

sergeriver wrote:

MLK = Respect, Admiration
I saw MLK day on a board at school, thought it said MILK day.  But yeah, props to Dr. King.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
Bashing people or one certain indivdual is waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

m3thod wrote:

then you should at least post 2 responses in this MLK thread for every one insult. to bring balance to the force.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
He was a great orator and force for change in America. Like many of his kind he met a premature end.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
Will we ever live his dream?  I hope so, but I'm not so sure we will.

RIP good sir.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

KILLSWITCH wrote:

RIP good sir.
Closer now than we ever were before.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

RIP good sir.
You think?
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

m3thod wrote:

then you should at least post 2 responses in this MLK thread for every one insult. to bring balance to the force.
Christ i'll be here forever.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

m3thod wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Christ i'll be here forever.
Rofl.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6266|Bloomington Indiana
MLK jr was a great man.
i had a class last semester that focused on the civil rights era and was glad to learn alot more about him than many people/schools ever teach.
IU has a big MLK day event and ill be going to that.  should be fun and rewarding.

ps. MLK and others who were a part of the civil rights movement need more attention in todays schools, one day/month is not enough to adequately cover their contributions
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

My main man.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

m3thod wrote:

Dude, not cool. Not today. Not in this thread. Save it for another time.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

RIP good sir.
You think?
yup
adam1503
+85|6358|Manchester, UK
Its a shame that after all he did for racial equality, there is still a huge gap between the opportunities afforded people of different races.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

He will be remembered by Democratic presidential hopefuls as a way to get more votes. Besides which, if it weren't for a Democratic president, none of the things he accomplished would've mattered.

/quote-sarcasm

To public school students: get ready for another long enjoyable month of black history. To the white ones: never forget how horrible and evil your people are. Teachers will keep pounding it into your head until it becomes a part of your being.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-01-15 17:55:47)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

He will be remembered by Democratic presidential hopefuls as a way to get more votes. Besides which, if it weren't for a Democratic president, none of the things he accomplished would've mattered.

/quote-sarcasm

To public school students: get ready for another long enjoyable month of black history. To the white ones: never forget how horrible and evil your people are. Teachers will keep pounding it into your head until it becomes a part of your being.
you must have had a really bad childhood judging by the sentiment of most of your posts.  my friend, your America is not the same America that I have experienced.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-01-15 17:58:40)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

/quote-sarcasm

you must have had a really bad childhood judging by the sentiment of most of your posts.  my friend, your America is not the same America that I have experienced.
You must not've grown up in the pacific northwest. I know it's not all that bad, but there are still some serious issues, particularly in education.

One particular sore spot stuck with me for awhile: being forced to put my life and high school graduation on hold to attend a summer civics course on the orders of a counselor who had never hinted at it before (and was irreversible by administration due to inability or refusal), during which I became the object of teacher-originated ridicule for daring to hold a conservative viewpoint on anything because obviously, I was only 'parroting Rush Limbaugh and my parents' viewpoints.' Not that any of this was new, having went through much of the same in geography, of all things. Some thanks you get for going to college simultaneously.

"Let's see what our resident conservativvve has to say about this. Don't agree? C."

Wonder why some kids begin to lose their eagerness to learn over the years? Repetitiveness. At around the ninth year in English that opens up with the word "noun" or viewing another year's US history book that has six chapters on how culturally-superior everyone else is (oops, where's the part in the Native American chapter where they spread smallpox from tribe to tribe via trade of infested scalps?), balanced against a chapter shared by WW1 and 2 (mostly dominated by cultural impact rather than statistics), followed by a small paragraph about Vietnam, you begin to lose faith and, in spite of your otherwise cheery disposition, begin to nurse a bitter kernel lodged somewhere in the back of your head.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-01-15 18:22:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard