http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/79/mobotv2.jpg
Its pretty blurry, sorry.
you serius about that pic size, mate?
What? All I have is a cellphone. Sorry.
Lai
+186|6159

haffeysucks wrote:

wash it in water?  just kidding.
Why not, if there isn't running any power through it?

And I believe someone said this already, but yes, 98% pure denaturalized alcohol works wonders. You can get it at any local pharmaceuticl store for no more than a few dollars.

Don't use cotton wool or the cotton wool stabs, CPU paste is too sticky and you'll just put more shit into it. Clean cotton cloth, ripped up old T-shirt will do.

Unless you do any more stupid/hilarious things, it should be fine.

Godd luck!
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

Commie Killer wrote:

The mobo has pins....
Yes but the CPU isn't like this: http://comexgroup.com/cpu/_amd/img_thoroughbred/6.jpg

That would have caused the pins to be covered in paste, and the holes in mobo as well.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Commie Killer
+192|6395
Just a question. And I promise to never touch a computer after this, but will the mobo be ok?
Brasso
+1,549|6639

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

The mobo has pins....
Yes but the CPU isn't like this: http://comexgroup.com/cpu/_amd/img_thoroughbred/6.jpg

That would have caused the pins to be covered in paste, and the holes in mobo as well.
Isn't that exactly what he did?  And that's a socket 754, right?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Commie Killer
+192|6395

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

The mobo has pins....

Yeah like my old P4, but  the mobo has pins. Whats gonna happen with that? The mobo is pretty much clear, I didnt put much paste on at all, the pins are obvious, cant even see the paste, but when I dabb at it gently with a que tip, it comes back with a very very faint silver..

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-01-15 14:16:33)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York

Commie Killer wrote:

Just a question. And I promise to never touch a computer after this, but will the mobo be ok?
Doubt it. You fucked up the socket.

Ugh, dude.

Common sense, man! Common sense! You need to get a book or something telling you how to build a PC.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Kinestra/facepalm.jpg
DUnlimited
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

haffeysucks wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

The mobo has pins....

Thoroughbred? Socket a/462
aimless
+166|6133|Texas

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

At least these CPUs dont have old style pins
my gawd he is a lucky son of a bitch... he actually didn't fuck it up in the end.... since you can clean the top of the pins of the socket and ur good to go.
The mobo has pins....
That's going to be a lot more difficult to clean out. Your best bet (which would mean you'd have to spend a little more money) would be to try and find the same motherboard at an electronics store. Buy it, return it, but with the paste motherboard inside. You should probably find out what the store's return policy is before you do that though. And there's also the ethics issue...
Brasso
+1,549|6639

DeathUnlimited wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Past my time. My first build was with a Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 3400+.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Commie Killer
+192|6395

Poseidon wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Doubt it. You fucked up the socket.

Ugh, dude.

Common sense, man! Common sense! You need to get a book or something telling you how to build a PC.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/K … cepalm.jpg
Yeah I know, its late, Ive slept 13 hours in the past 4 days, etc. The mobo seems clear...
DUnlimited
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

haffeysucks wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Past my time. My first build was with a Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 3400+.
My first was a PII Socket slot 1. 450MHz of pure epic power.

Better stop the derailment :p
Commie Killer
+192|6395
Its a 775 socket if I am not mistaken.

This is my first build, old computers has been stripped down to case many times, rebuilt, never had a single problem, just one stupid mistake...

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-01-15 14:20:41)

DUnlimited
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

Commie Killer wrote:

Its a 775 socket if I am not mistaken.
Yes
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6560|Scotland
Oh Lawds
Commie Killer
+192|6395
So, if the mobo is clear, as it is now, and the pins are straight, will it be ok?
Commie Killer
+192|6395

White-Fusion wrote:

Oh Lawds
Worse then your RAM fuck up...lol.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6422|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

At least these CPUs dont have old style pins
my gawd he is a lucky son of a bitch... he actually didn't fuck it up in the end.... since you can clean the top of the pins of the socket and ur good to go.
The mobo has pins....
I know dude.... the point is you don't have to get all the stuff out between the pins. just make sure the top of the pins are clean. if you still didn't understand, I'll make you i pic to demonstrate how to.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6634|Quebec city, Canada
well if the socket is perfectly clean, I dont see why it wouldnt work.

oh and btw, lol.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6205|Winland

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/79/mobotv2.jpg
Its pretty blurry, sorry.
Even my Nokia 3220 from 2003/04 doesn't take 150*113 pics. Nor does my 3200 from 2002/03. They both take VGA (640*480). So, you've fucked up the pic pretty bad.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-01-15 14:24:52)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Commie Killer
+192|6395

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

The mobo has pins....
I know dude.... the point is you don't have to get all the stuff out between the pins. just make sure the top of the pins are clean. if you still didn't understand, I'll make you i pic to demonstrate how to.
I got that, tops are totally clear, so is the inside as far as I can tell. Put it back together, locked it up, gonna finish this thing off.

Always good to laugh at yourself right? Even if this is a little to stupid to laugh.
Commie Killer
+192|6395

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Even my Nokia 3220 from 2003/04 doesn't take 150*113 pics. Nor does my 3200 from 2002/03. They both take VGA (640*480). So, you've fucked up the pic pretty bad.
Its pretty good quality on phone, problem is, I have to email it to myself to get it online, that throws quality down the shitter.
aimless
+166|6133|Texas

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

You calling his bluff?
Brasso
+1,549|6639

Commie Killer wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Its pretty good quality on phone, problem is, I have to email it to myself to get it online, that throws quality down the shitter.
I send mine to pixpulse.com
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6205|Winland

Commie Killer wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

It's called a "USB cable"...

And even a GPRS/MMS uplink would handle VGA pics.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard