pasngr
+50|6664
I'm not sure if this has been posted before b/c I'm not even sure how I would search for it...

If I'm in a tank, I can go forward while looking in another direction ( I can press W and move forward while turning my mouse left or right).  How come I can't do the same thing while on foot?  Why do you have to strafe when you turn your field of view so that you continue moving in the same direction?  Have you ever seen a BF2 soldier turn his head??

(5 minutes later)

OK, OK, I think I understand why now.  If your FOV on foot operated the way that a tank does, you couldn't strafe left or right b/c whenever you pressed A or D you would just turn around in circle.   Tanks don't strafe, they just turn left or right so it's OK for them.

So, question for all you programmers out there.  Is this a known problem that you all are working on?  Sure would make FPSs seem more life-like.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6735
all the soldier movements are animations... swim/swimdie/walk/sprint/crouch/run/shoot/reload/idle/pronestrafe/skydive...
and they are done for 1p(1st person)  what you the player see
and 3p(3rd person) what other players see when they look at your soldier ingame...  There are a lot of animations..lol

I can't think why they couldnt have look one way and shoot another... other than the projecticles that you shoot all go to the center of the screen...  I'll ask an animation guru i know and post back...

I just looked... there are 25 animations just for facial expressions in BF2... and 85...3rd person animations...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-01-14 16:14:45)

Love is the answer
pasngr
+50|6664

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

all the soldier movements are animations... swim/swimdie/walk/sprint/crouch/run/shoot/reload/idle/pronestrafe/skydive...
and they are done for 1p(1st person)  what you the player see
and 3p(3rd person) what other players see when they look at your soldier ingame...  There are a lot of animations..lol

I can't think why they couldnt have look one way and shoot another... other than the projecticles that you shoot all go to the center of the screen...  I'll ask an animation guru i know and post back...

I just looked... there are 25 animations just for facial expressions in BF2... and 85...3rd person animations...
Thanks!  I just got to thinking how cool it would look if you snuck up on somebody in game and at first they just turned their head to look in your direction.  Kinda freaky when you stop to think about it after all these hours of BF2.
MysteryJake
+12|6226|California
It would be cool if they could put a mouse look thing like they have for choppers and jets for infantry, that way you can run in one direction while looking in another.

e.g. youre under fire and while youre running for cover you can look where the shots are coming from so youre better prepared to take on the enemy when you reached said cover.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6422|Alberta, Canada
Lol at the thought of looking one direction and trying to keep rotating the lower half of the body.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6173|Vancouver, BC, Canada
There is actually one game that I know of that has this functionality,
BUT, you have to buy a $170 IR Webcam/Reflector set, here';s a link the the video demonstrating the thing.
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- … ideos.html
That's a link to the Video page, any of the "Armed Assault" Videos demonstrate it.
One dude managed to use the Mouse cloning capabilities to actually lethim "Turn his head" In bf2(IE use the thingas a mouse, and to the mouse type movements.

There's also a freeware program called FreeTrack(http://www.free-track.net/english/
I have tried it, and it seems to work, but my IR LED rig isn't sanded down/polished properly so I gte only okish results(I need to get some really fine sandpaper, and refine the LED's.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6363|Twyford, UK
You can. Use the strafe buttons.
kripp
+42|6760|Florida (305)
Operation flashpoint had that feature that u can look one way and run another.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard