LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha
Okay... listen to me. Screw Dell. Don't buy a pre-built ever. EVER.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

LaidBackNinja wrote:

www.ibuypower.com has some pretty good deals on pre-builts...
Dragonclaw
+186|6306|Florida

Poseidon wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Whoah... Nonononononono. Fuck IBuyPower. They suck, no one likes them. Just google and see how horrible their support is, and how shit they put their systems together. One PC someone bought had greasy handprints all over the case/parts, another 500 people who bought from them got faulty parts, broken parts, shit parts, wrong parts, bad parts, parts covered with bird shit, etc. Id rather buy a Dell over ibuypower anyday.
Dragonclaw
+186|6306|Florida

02fxnmaurer wrote:

lol....im a pc nooooobbbb ...and im in the process of buildin my own ...should be done friday ...

dell are wat they call shit in the pc industry ....there good for one thing ....monitors.....
build ur own with a monitor ..have wat u like in it .....urll gt a higher spec for 500 quid anyways then if u were to buy through dell....seriously ....home building is the way forward.

its not as if the guys on here  wont help ....plus theres a great video i have from youtube...which actualli tells u everythin bout it ...in one 10 min slot.....im like  17 an im sucesfullll its so easy.....

dell = effort...with shit gfx
home build = battlefield on high

Build your own monitor? Uh, how am I supposed to find parts for that?
02fxnmaurer
+75|6483|Birmingham UK
"build ur own with a monitor"...as in buy a monitor with it ..once built ...i think thts pretti self explanatory lol

Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6457|The edge of sanity

kptk92 wrote:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Hard Drive: 116 GB
Video Card: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
Fail Comp is fail.
Much better
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6156
Dell are pooh..

£438.00 ex. VAT
£514.65 in. VAT
(before all applicable rebates) 
Case: NZXT HUSH 420W Black Mid-Tower Case
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6550 CPU @ 2.33GHz 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit
Motherboard: (Quad-Core FSB1333) MSI P35 Neo-F P35 Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
Memory: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (OCZ Value Select or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Power by NVIDIA)
Video Card 2: NONE
Video Card 3: NONE
Monitor & LCD: NONE
Hard Drive: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: SONY DUAL FORMAT 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

all this http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/syste … inity_700/ with a grphics upgrade £515 BEAT THAT DELL

much much better..hope this helps
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6457|The edge of sanity

(BMP) Smegmeister wrote:

Dell are pooh..

£438.00 ex. VAT
£514.65 in. VAT
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6550 CPU @ 2.33GHz 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit
Motherboard: (Quad-Core FSB1333) MSI P35 Neo-F P35 Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
Memory: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (OCZ Value Select or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Power by NVIDIA)
Optical Drive: SONY DUAL FORMAT 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)

all this http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/syste … inity_700/ with a grphics upgrade £515 BEAT THAT DELL

I had the exact same thing but 1GB DDR2 RAM and 19 inch monitor whore
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
Why does it have to be Dell?

Is it just so you don't have to make it? Because can't you just pick the parts you want from a computer shop and then pay like £30 (I have no idea what it will cost) or something for them to put it together?
pirate7474
Oh noes!
+11|6000|USA
how bout alienware? lol...it IS dell in a sense...dell bought alienware and they have some decent comps there...overpriced...but decent
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6156
Alienware.. £500 = fail
no way you can get a new Alienware system for £500
Dragonclaw
+186|6306|Florida
You cant buy a good alienware unless you have at least $3500 to spend.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
Good computer and dell don't tend to go hand in hand
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

(BMP) Smegmeister wrote:

Dell are pooh..

£438.00 ex. VAT
£514.65 in. VAT

This one but with Radeon 3850 instead of that horrid 8600.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6156

DeathUnlimited wrote:

(BMP) Smegmeister wrote:

Dell are pooh..

£438.00 ex. VAT
£514.65 in. VAT

This one but with Radeon 3850 instead of that horrid 8600.
or better still stretch that bit further for a 512 8800......man they are some hot hot card for the money
DanishHonor
+8|6000|Denmark
Dell is good imo.
My friend has one, and have had NO problems with it, Dell support = win. The pc's they make a excellent imo.

Just ordered my Dell yesterday:

Intel E6850  3.0 GHz
4GB RAM 667 MHz
512 MB   8800GT
640 GB HDD

If you don't think like building yourself, like me, go buy a Dell or ?

-DH   
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

DanishHonor wrote:

Dell is good imo.
My friend has one, and have had NO problems with it, Dell support = win. The pc's they make a excellent imo.

Intel E6850  3.0 GHz
4GB RAM 667 MHz
512 MB   8800GT
640 GB HDD

-DH   
Whatever you paid for that PC, you could have paid 3/4 of it and gotten better stuff on almost any site.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
DanishHonor
+8|6000|Denmark

Freezer7Pro wrote:

DanishHonor wrote:

Dell is good imo.

Intel E6850  3.0 GHz
4GB RAM 667 MHz
512 MB   8800GT
640 GB HDD

-DH   
Whatever you paid for that PC, you could have paid 3/4 of it and gotten better stuff on almost any site.
I know but this includes everything, since I don't like building myself.

-DH
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Dragonclaw wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Whoah... Nonononononono. Fuck IBuyPower. They suck, no one likes them. Just google and see how horrible their support is, and how shit they put their systems together. One PC someone bought had greasy handprints all over the case/parts, another 500 people who bought from them got faulty parts, broken parts, shit parts, wrong parts, bad parts, parts covered with bird shit, etc. Id rather buy a Dell over ibuypower anyday.
Well, I didn't mean iBuyPower specifically. There's a lot of companies who sell pre-built computers for absolutely amazing prices.
Lai
+186|6152

DeathUnlimited wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

The normal question, why not build yourself?
Coz I dont want to build it.
That's not hard, you know... The whole tech section will be here to help you.

It's just that prebuilt machines are often unbalanced (often the GPU sucks) and by building yourself you get better stuff for the price.
There are other (better) pre-builds that aren't from Dell; DeathUnlimited, can't you post the link to that rig you found the other day?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

Lai wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Coz I dont want to build it.

It's just that prebuilt machines are often unbalanced (often the GPU sucks) and by building yourself you get better stuff for the price.
There are other (better) pre-builds that aren't from Dell; DeathUnlimited, can't you post the link to that rig you found the other day?
He wants a Dell. But here it is anyways: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … mp;subcat=

That is really one of the best pre-built deals I have ever seen. But the price goes to £820 VAT included, so...

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-01-15 14:28:33)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Lai wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

He wants a Dell. But here it is anyways: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … mp;subcat=

That is really one of the best pre-built deals I have ever seen. But the price goes to £820 VAT included, so...
That is a good deal!

OCUK is win.

Also,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … mp;subcat=
And

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-01-15 14:33:04)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
sinnik
+16|5999|@defamations pad taking notes.
LOL some-one's beaten me to the overclockers site!!!

This one's closer to your budget if you cn find a way round getting one rom Dell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard