Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

Ok, so San4 and I had a couple thoughts about how badly we'd like to try SF on the server. Seeing how unpopulated it has been, we think the small maps are the way to go for now. So I was asked to make this thread so we can discuss rotation ideas. Now, the rotation might NOT go into effect. We have to see what the big boss has to say, and how well received this will be.

But, well, discuss.

The idea so far for a rotation is this:

Ghost Town (16)
Warlord (16)
Iron Gator (16)
Surge (16)
Mass Destruction (16)
Night Flight (16)

Now, because we all know Warlord and Ghost Town are popular, I thought of doing the rotation like this:

Ghost Town (16)
Warlord (16)
Iron Gator (16)
Ghost Town (16)
Surge (16)
Warlord (16)
Night Flight (16)
Ghost Town (16)
Mass Destruction (16)

So there we have it. Or, we can do the rotation with two rounds on popular maps, and one round on Night map/ unpopular maps...

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2008-01-13 16:53:55)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6320|Iowa...
it looks like we're thinking about running SF IO small maps,so i thought i'd add my 2 cents.

i think we should start out with Ghost Town to get the server populated.we can then switch to Warlord to keep everyone happy as well as increase the number of people on the server.afterwards we can run Night Flight for a change of pace,then switch back to a popular map like Iron Gator.
we could run 2 rounds of each day map and one round of each night map since they're less popular.the rotation could look something like this:

Ghost Town(2)-Warlord(2)-Night Flight(1)-Iron Gator(2)-Leviathan(1)

then i guess if some odd person wanted MD or Surge or something we could add it.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

aj0404 wrote:

it looks like we're thinking about running SF IO small maps,so i thought i'd add my 2 cents.

i think we should start out with Ghost Town to get the server populated.we can then switch to Warlord to keep everyone happy as well as increase the number of people on the server.afterwards we can run Night Flight for a change of pace,then switch back to a popular map like Iron Gator.
we could run 2 rounds of each day map and one round of each night map since they're less popular.the rotation could look something like this:

then i guess if some odd person wanted MD or Surge or something we could add it.
Sadly, you can not vary the number of rounds per map ... it must be the same for all maps.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6320|Iowa...
i was wondering about that.it looks like my amazing server rotation idea just went down the crapper.
san4
The Mas
+311|6659|NYC, a place to live

aj0404 wrote:

I am odd and I like Surge and Mass Destruction.

Edit: I meant *not* odd. Shit.

Last edited by san4 (2008-01-13 17:04:23)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
The first one. I hate Warlord and G-Town as they are over played.

Also make them 32 size with vehicles as IO sucks.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-01-13 17:04:48)

san4
The Mas
+311|6659|NYC, a place to live

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I feel the same way but the reason to include them is that they are popular and it would probably draw people in and help fill the server. We'd also have some less-common maps so it would be kind of a compromise.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Also make them 32 size with vehicles as IO sucks.
So heres a good point. What about the people who don't really like Ghost Town all that much or warlord, so they wont like the second rotation idea. BUT, Docta, do you think it would make a difference on the 16 sized maps since they have different flag placements and the combat might play out differently?

Edit: I think we are gonna stick with I/O for now. Because one, its a little more unique of a rotation with the small maps. Two, 64 sized with vehicles would take forever to get populated, and fun to play. Three, 32 sized kinda sux cause everybody wants to do 64 over 32 but 16, the maps are different sized, and flags are in different places.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2008-01-13 17:13:15)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

24/7 Iron Gator is teh win if I can express my thoughts...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard