ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
why the fuck do they make this shit so fucking difficult. i remember doing it in high school, and it was easy as fuck. now i'm sitting here trying to do it, and it's giving me a fucking headache. fuck this.

marijuana saved me. thanks marijuana.

https://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Michael-Vick-This-Is.jpg

Last edited by ig (2008-01-11 14:30:36)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6311|Atlanta, Georgia
https://www.productappeal.com/photos/uncategorized/turbotax_home__business_1.jpg
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6092|West Aus
Or another option don't do your taxes get a good lawyer.

Just saying tax evasion can beaten.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Dun do 'em then Dawg

Last edited by jord (2008-01-11 13:22:51)

Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6361|fåking denmark
Is taxes not something you pay?

EDIT: Grammar.

Last edited by Lieutenant_Jensen (2008-01-11 13:23:41)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6560|Reisterstown, MD

ig wrote:

why the fuck do they make this shit so fucking difficult. i remember doing it in high school, and it was easy as fuck. now i'm sitting here trying to do it, and it's giving me a fucking headache. fuck this.
If you are doing your taxes via 1040EZ, it is as simple as seeing how much you owe in taxes and subtracting it from the amount you actually paid.  You get this by the amount you made and the tax bracket you are in.  If you paid more taxes than you owe, that is your refund.  If you paid less than the amount you were supposed to pay, that is the amount you owe.  If you are doing 1040 or 1040A, then it is a little more difficult but not entirely impossible to figure out.
8thward
+2|6176|New Orleans,La
Damn u got your W2s already wish i had mine
Horse
+14|6526
Where do you live?
ig
+1,199|6492

killer21 wrote:

ig wrote:

If you are doing your taxes via 1040EZ, it is as simple as seeing how much you owe in taxes and subtracting it from the amount you actually paid.  You get this by the amount you made and the tax bracket you are in.  If you paid more taxes than you owe, that is your refund.  If you paid less than the amount you were supposed to pay, that is the amount you owe.  If you are doing 1040 or 1040A, then it is a little more difficult but not entirely impossible to figure out.
yeah, but it asks me if someone can claim me as a dependent, so i say yes. then it wants me to enter the amount from the worksheet on the back. i'm looking at the worksheet .pdf file from the irs website, and i can't find that shit.
killer21

ig wrote:

yeah, but it asks me if someone can claim me as a dependent, so i say yes. then it wants me to enter the amount from the worksheet on the back. i'm looking at the worksheet .pdf file from the irs website, and i can't find that shit.
If someone claims you for their taxes, you aren't allowed to file taxes yourself.  That will get you an audit very quickly.  I am assuming you mean the amount of taxes you are supposed to pay in relation to your tax bracket.  Correct?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC
Slightly off-topic: If I get a summer job (I'm 16), do I have to pay tribute to the government with my hard-earned (read: Scooping ice cream) money?
ig
+1,199|6492

killer21 wrote:

ig wrote:

If someone claims you for their taxes, you aren't allowed to file taxes yourself.  That will get you an audit very quickly.  I am assuming you mean the amount of taxes you are supposed to pay in relation to your tax bracket.  Correct?
wtf? all i know is that i checked that same box the last time i filed taxes (high school), and they claimed me as a dependent then. nothing ever happened besides me getting my refund check. fuck it, i just talked to my dad, and he told me that he won't claim me if i don't want him to. god fucking damn why is this so hard? it seriously took me 5 fucking minutes last time i did this.

HurricaИe wrote:

Slightly off-topic: If I get a summer job (I'm 16), do I have to pay tribute to the government with my hard-earned (read: Scooping ice cream) money?
yes

Last edited by ig (2008-01-11 13:39:18)

Horse
+14|6526
ig
+1,199|6492
nvm, i figured it out now. thank fucking god for marijuana. seriously.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6755|Anaheim, CA

HurricaИe wrote:

If you make under a certain amount, you don't have to file.  I don't know what that amount is tho, and it has probably changed since I was 16.
killer21

HurricaИe wrote:

I don't remember the exact number but if you make under 5,000 or something like that, you can file and get all the taxes back you paid for it.  Might be 10,000 or something.  Can't really remember.  If you are 16, I would imagine the jobs you have will net you the majority of the money, if not all the money you paid in taxes. 
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6102|Carnoustie, Scotland

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Is taxes not something you pay?

EDIT: Grammar.
Might wanna second edit that grammar.
avman633
+116|6334
Why not go to an accountant? Or buy something like turbo tax?
ig
+1,199|6492

avman633 wrote:

Why not go to an accountant? Or buy something like turbo tax?
because i did it myself free of cost...
and i'm not a lazy bitch. i like to do things for myself.

Last edited by ig (2008-01-11 14:32:58)

wensleydale8
+81|6739|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
in britain tax is taken off of our wage before we get it.

unless your self employed that is.

I know my uncle who is self employed only payed £27 tax on the 25K he earned.

Last edited by wensleydale8 (2008-01-11 14:55:07)

Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Really took time to look over my W2 or whatever this year. I contributed more to my pension than I paid into social security. Some mixed feelings about that. On the one hand I would have squandered the money anyway. On the other hand there is no guarantee I will ever get that money back.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'm with ig on this one, taxes are needlessly overcomplicated and aggravating. Easy for people to make errors. Filing should pretty much be point and click for most citizens. Shouldn't need annual software or an accountant or whatever. What a BS aspect of American life.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm with ig on this one, taxes are needlessly overcomplicated and aggravating. Easy for people to make errors. Filing should pretty much be point and click for most citizens. Shouldn't need annual software or an accountant or whatever. What a BS aspect of American life.
I mean, we've all read this, right?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Here most stuff is prefilled, I just have to figure out my capital gains or losses and its done.
Tax return takes 20 min and $0
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I don't have to worry about capital gains, I just claim the most I am allowed to claim without proof and I'm done in 10 minutes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard