Poll

Today's technology... YESTERDAY! Where would we be?

Totally destroyed by war39%39% - 15
On another planet2%2% - 1
Destroyed in a war with aliens2%2% - 1
So far advanced... we are on another planet36%36% - 14
Other (Please state)18%18% - 7
Total: 38
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6116|Birmingham, UK
Well, imagine if... the people of the 1300's had or technology and knowledge and all that back then, where do you think we would be?
BlackKoala
+215|6334
So advanced on the same planet isn't an option?

Why are you assuming we have to leave this planet or die by war or aliens (lol)?
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6718|Germany
We probably would be advanced enough to the point, where we would not have stupid threads like this one anymore...

J/k, buddy
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6005|Belgium
They'd think it is witchcraft and just expel it from their thoughts
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

Matrix
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

Think am right in saying, it was a British inventor working on the first what we would sort of see as a computer, yet ran out of money.  Then, somthing like 100 years later, the Americans took it and made it work (working out projectiles in WW1).  Sooooooo, if he (cant member the guys name to save myself) had managed to work it out, rather than leave it a century till the Americans tried it.  Suffice to say, we would probably be, today, where we will be in 100 years from now, if not further (since technology seems to get replaced faster and faster).

Although, I dont think we would quite be at the stage of fighting with aliens, or inhabiting mars lets say.  Tho, maybe we would of been able to harness sea water by now, and managed to pull of fusion. 

Really is amazing to think, if that guy was given just a little more time, and some more money, we would all be having sex with robots this very instant!!!!!!

Martyn
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6615|Stockholm, Sweden
If you think about how fast techonological advances have occured during the 20th century, then imagine how things will be 700 years from now. Which is probably how things would have been now if the beginning of the 20th century was infact the beginning of the 14th century.
If we haven't destroyed ourselfs or the planet in war, if a pleague wouldn't have killed us all, than I am pretty sure we would have colonized mars. Maybe other places in the solar system as well. Maglev trains would take you under the atlantic ocean at 4000 km/h or more. Global warming has been delt with if we managed to handle it in time.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6587|Columbus, OH
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6139|North Tonawanda, NY

Bell wrote:

Think am right in saying, it was a British inventor working on the first what we would sort of see as a computer, yet ran out of money.  Then, somthing like 100 years later, the Americans took it and made it work (working out projectiles in WW1).  Sooooooo, if he (cant member the guys name to save myself) had managed to work it out, rather than leave it a century till the Americans tried it.  Suffice to say, we would probably be, today, where we will be in 100 years from now, if not further (since technology seems to get replaced faster and faster).

Although, I dont think we would quite be at the stage of fighting with aliens, or inhabiting mars lets say.  Tho, maybe we would of been able to harness sea water by now, and managed to pull of fusion. 

Really is amazing to think, if that guy was given just a little more time, and some more money, we would all be having sex with robots this very instant!!!!!!

Martyn
You mean Charles Babbage and his two devices, the difference engine and the analytical engine.  Both of those were mechanical in design, and he never actually finished designing the analytical engine. 

I don't think that the knowledge existed at that time to build an electronic computer, like the Atanasoff–Berry Computer, which was the first digital computer.  Though the British Colosus and American ENIAC were more useful than the ABC ever could have been.  It was more of a proof of concept.

Even then, computers were gigantic and unwieldy until the invention of the microprocessor sometime in the late 60's or early 70's.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2008-01-10 12:45:25)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

You need more options. It's basically: 1) Destroyed in some sort of war, or 2) on another planet. I don't think we'd be on another planet, and I don't think we'd all be destroyed in a war. I think at some point we'll definitely all be extinct, but not in 700 years, probably a little longer. Same goes for moving to another planet.

But then again, we've come a long way in just 100 years, so who knows what's possible.
Ben0
The Last Gunslinger
+38|6383|Southampton

Bell wrote:

Martyn
I like the way this guy thinks.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Everything is so dependent on previous developments that you would have had to take ALL of our current technology (and the education behind it) back to the time or else it wouldn't have made a bit of difference...other than getting you burned at the stake.

Think about it: You take your computer back. There's no electricity...or anything else other than friggin plague. GG. Now go burn, bitch.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6552|My head
Far more advanced, on the same planet...
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

Probably in another galaxy looking for life.
That would be kick azz.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6487|Communist Republic of CA, USA

loubot wrote:

Posting on http://forums.BF3S.com/
Am I the only one who clicked that link?  It's uhh, interesting...
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

loubot wrote:

Posting on http://forums.BF3S.com/
Am I the only one who clicked that link?  It's uhh, interesting...
That chick is hot.

I'd hit it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard