No but its getting old Quick!41%41% - 128
That game is so yesterday.11%11% - 34
Not even going to bother to play it.16%16% - 50
Total: 308
TFSlott
+2|6199

steelie34 wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Even though the game is frustrating with too much emphasis on exploding things and not enough on shooting bullets, it was fun for a while. But the damn maps are sooooo much terribly small that every round is almost the same. Your decisions are "should I take left path or right path" and "should I throw my grenades right at the beginning or wait 20 seconds". Combine that with a plethora of ways you can get killed in first few seconds of the round (and no ammount of godly leetnes and e-penis lenght can help you there) and you get a game with a short life span.
QFT... and shipment has to be the biggest waste of pixels any developer has ever put together.
Shipment + new weapon + sonic boom + grenade launcher + 40 players = All the unlocks u need for that weapon in an hour or so :-)

Besides that I 100% agree. What is this map good for?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK

steelie34 wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Even though the game is frustrating with too much emphasis on exploding things and not enough on shooting bullets, it was fun for a while. But the damn maps are sooooo much terribly small that every round is almost the same. Your decisions are "should I take left path or right path" and "should I throw my grenades right at the beginning or wait 20 seconds". Combine that with a plethora of ways you can get killed in first few seconds of the round (and no ammount of godly leetnes and e-penis lenght can help you there) and you get a game with a short life span.
QFT... and shipment has to be the biggest waste of pixels any developer has ever put together.
for the last time. shipment is for 3v3 clan matches!
TFSlott
+2|6199

Vilham wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Never tried the 3v3 but it still sucks. I found this lovely free-for-all shipment map with a maximum of 54 players. It's so much insane and is the worst kind of crap I've encountered for a long time. Drop your brain, drop your manners and just throw your three frags into the fray. Why?

It's bloody, it's fun, it's HELL... and it awaits u...
Master*
Banned
+416|6535|United States

TFSlott wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Shipment + new weapon + sonic boom + grenade launcher + 40 players = All the unlocks u need for that weapon in an hour or so :-)

Besides that I 100% agree. What is this map good for?
Not 60 player Free for alls?
TFSlott
+2|6199

Masterstyle wrote:

Not 60 player Free for alls?
Actually I can't remember for sure. But it was more than 50 players. Totally insane.
firebolt5
+114|6196
92 player server...  Good god...  Not my image btw...
https://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7848/shot0010fo8.jpg
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6422|the land of bourbon
omfg the nades must've been flying.  you'd get an airstrike for every nade you threw.

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-01-08 13:35:21)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6487|Chicago, IL
if they release a few more maps or more ranks/unlocks, the game will live a lot longer

btw, 92 man server?

does it run shipment free-for-all?

:shudder:
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6326|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

S.Lythberg wrote:

if they release a few more maps or more ranks/unlocks, the game will live a lot longer
@ release IW hinted that that was excatly what they were/are planning.... but i guess only time will tell...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Chappy556
+14|6741
wow remember when we played games because they were fun and not because you got gold stars for playing?  cod4 is pretty fun just as bf2 was pretty fun...take the stats out and what do you got?  i miss medal of honor allied assault tbh
fasty77killa
+2|6567|Omaha NE
great game just needs choppers and cars and tanks and stuff that  are user palyable
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6560|Adelaide, South Australia

I'll keep playing for ages. I like the gameplay on HC.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6301

Vilham wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Lol you can nade the enemy spawns in a clan match so it's pointless to have a scrim on it. Unless your using Pam mod. And the competition is what is going to keep this game going. COD4 has already been called the Source killer in comp. So it's still gonna be a long time before it dies. COD2 was still going untill COD4 came out.
BruceLeet
+4|6245
If the game had a stat structure like BF2 and bigger/more maps the game would be alot more popular and people would stay alot longer, once I got 55 I slowed down on playing

firebolt5 wrote:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7848/shot0010fo8.jpg
Whoever that is, looks like the game would still be unplayable even with a 16/24/32 man player server, those pings are just...gross

Last edited by BruceLeet (2008-01-09 18:51:14)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Vilham wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Lol you can nade the enemy spawns in a clan match so it's pointless to have a scrim on it. Unless your using Pam mod. And the competition is what is going to keep this game going. COD4 has already been called the Source killer in comp. So it's still gonna be a long time before it dies. COD2 was still going untill COD4 came out.
With only 3v3 it would be pretty hard to kill anyone with a spawn nade. As soon as u spawn u leg it.

Although i suspect it would be better with Pam, even though they are gay as fuck.
psH
Banned
+217|6424|Sydney

Vilham wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Vilham wrote:

With only 3v3 it would be pretty hard to kill anyone with a spawn nade. As soon as u spawn u leg it.

Although i suspect it would be better with Pam, even though they are gay as fuck.
QFT.

allowing MP44 and not 6C is retarded imo...

many problems with it.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6504|A W S M F O X

firebolt5 wrote:

https://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7848/shot0010fo8.jpg
LOL OVAR 9000
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6486|The Land of Scott Walker

Vilham wrote:

PluggedValve wrote:

I like Karkad (or used to) but i dont know how some of the old BF2 players cn keep going back to the same 24/7 servers.  Die Karkand.
probably to farm stats like the rest of the players that still play after 2 years still do.
Excuse me, but I play BF2 because it's fun and always have.  If you don't like BF2 anymore, fine, but just because some of us still do doesn't mean we're doing it just for points.  COD4 is fun, but it will never compare to the scale of BF2 because of the small maps and lack of vehicles.  Sorry but COD4 is not the spiritual successor to BF2.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6422|the land of bourbon
people still play this game?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK

Stingray24 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

PluggedValve wrote:

I like Karkad (or used to) but i dont know how some of the old BF2 players cn keep going back to the same 24/7 servers.  Die Karkand.
probably to farm stats like the rest of the players that still play after 2 years still do.
Excuse me, but I play BF2 because it's fun and always have.  If you don't like BF2 anymore, fine, but just because some of us still do doesn't mean we're doing it just for points.  COD4 is fun, but it will never compare to the scale of BF2 because of the small maps and lack of vehicles.  Sorry but COD4 is not the spiritual successor to BF2.
lol. Why would it be the successor? Believe it or not, bf2 never has been the most played fps game out there.

If you claim the combat in CoD4 is not as good as bf2 i have to say your nuts.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6798|Argentina

Vilham wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

lol. Why would it be the successor? Believe it or not, bf2 never has been the most played fps game out there.

Two different games.  One requires more team work, and Cod4 is just fun.  Both are fun, but I think BF2/3 will be played after Cod4 is over.  CS is the king of FPS.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6548|Bournemouth, South England
I still like it, I think people who just stick to one game mode such as Team Deathmatch might get bored, but I vary the game modes often, and set out to complete the challenges.  I have now completed about 70% of them all.
jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.

sergeriver wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Two different games.  One requires more team work, and Cod4 is just fun.  Both are fun, but I think BF2/3 will be played after Cod4 is over.  CS is the king of FPS.
None really require teamwork...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6798|Argentina

jord wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Vilham wrote:

None really require teamwork...
In BF2 a good team working together makes the whole difference.
PluggedValve
+17|6380

Vilham wrote:

PluggedValve wrote:

I have all the awards that i give a crap about.  I know theres alot of players that play on unranked servers etc...  I notice its mostly noobs on the ranked servers and if they just got the game then yah stats are fun.  I dont quite see the mass farming you speak of.  Except on the 24/7 stat padder servers ie Knife/ Pistol etc...  (that EA was not supposed to allow to be ranked).

COD4 is a good game and has some cool features, but i can tell it doesn't have the staying power of BF2 or even 1942.  I will play it on and off for a while im sure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard