TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

So anyway. Me and my friend started our 7 day trials a couple of days ago, and are probably going to subscribe now (it is only $29.99 for 3 months anyway).

I am only level 14 or something atm, but am enjoying it. I don't feel dirty like I would playing WoW, lol.

So does anyone play? I remember some EU guy played a lot of it at one stage (Hallvard maybe?).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

So anyway. Me and my friend started our 7 day trials a couple of days ago, and are probably going to subscribe now (it is only $29.99 for 3 months anyway).

I am only level 14 or something atm, but am enjoying it. I don't feel dirty like I would playing WoW, lol.

So does anyone play? I remember some EU guy played a lot of it at one stage (Hallvard maybe?).
Leave now and never come back.
TimmmmaaaaH

lulz, sorry Fenris.

I'll rephrase that to "I like it more than I could ever like WoW, as I am a Lord of the Rings fan"

Better?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
sounds like a fun game but, the having to pay regular subscription turns me off as i can't play on a regular basis.
TimmmmaaaaH

tthf wrote:

sounds like a fun game but, the having to pay regular subscription turns me off as i can't play on a regular basis.
Yeh, if I was going on holiday or something I wouldn't subscribe. But I have like 3 months until Uni starts and then Uni (which as far as I know is easier than school) so I have the time.

Plus I am enjoying it and have not had any tech problems with it. So score 1 LOTRO, score 0 many other games I have played lately.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I can't believe new MMO's are still being made.
TimmmmaaaaH

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Why?

They are obviously a successful genre...
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's an MMORPG r-tard
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

rdx-fx wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yep, because game companies hate making money.
That whole little detail of WoW making more money per month than most games make ever.

$135 million per month, if you take 9 million subscribers x $15 per month.

Hell.. most major studio movie releases don't make that much total either.

MMO's are going to become to video games, what Reality TV has become to TV.. a pox and a plague.
*sigh*

You should know what I mean, which is the fact that the competition is so stiff. Look: you got World of Warcraft and Everquest II. People've invested time (and sometimes money) into ongoing characters in already-existing games. How do you decide to make another MMO?

CommieChipmunk wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's an MMORPG r-tard

I'm not an r-tard...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-12-14 00:43:31)

ozzie_johnson
+98|6659|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
I heard the pvp in it is pretty shit.
Hallvard
+262|6523|North Norway

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

yup
it's a very fun game with a great story.. but yes, PvP is shit at times, if you are lucky and many people are PvPing, it can be awesome with the big battles, but it really need some fixing (geting done soon), but it doesn't really matter becasue lotro is a PvE game so there's so much more to do. I love the free content updates they do every second month, a lot of sweet new stuff and areas are added so it's always something new to to. I'm at level 50 (max level) and I have A LOT of stuff still to do.

My level 50 Champion > you

Last edited by Hallvard (2007-12-14 01:00:05)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

Hallvard wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

yup
it's a very fun game with a great story.. but yes, PvP is shit at times, if you are lucky and many people are PvPing, it can be awesome with the big battles, but it really need some fixing (geting done soon), but it doesn't really matter becasue lotro is a PvE game so there's so much more to do. I love the free content updates they do every second month, a lot of sweet new stuff and areas are added so it's always something new to to. I'm at level 50 (max level) and I have A LOT of stuff still to do.

my life> your level 50 Champion

Hallvard
+262|6523|North Norway

XxRavenxX wrote:

Hallvard wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

yup

my life> your level 50 Champion

When did you get one of those?
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6807|Orlando, FL - Age 43
I play a bit now.
Balok77
+28|6149
have u got a link to the trial i wouldnt mind having a go?
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6562|Southampton, UK

Alot of the EU guys play it.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6807|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Balok77 wrote:

have u got a link to the trial i wouldnt mind having a go?
http://www.lotro.com/trial
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
I don't like LOTR:O, I tried it- but it is extremely repetitive and gets boring by the mid-levels. The graphics and view distances etc. are really nice though, visually it is a great game. Combat-wise and unit-frame wise, it really does seem to just be a bit of a generic MMORPG clone... doesn't add anything really 'interesting' or great. I would recommend World of Warcraft over LOTR anyday, no matter how much of an anti-WoW / LOTR fanboy you are .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hallvard
+262|6523|North Norway

Uzique wrote:

I don't like LOTR:O, I tried it- but it is extremely repetitive and gets boring by the mid-levels.
At mid-level is when it stops being repetitive imo
Smells Like Muff
+6|6109
LOTRO is a good one, played for a bit before I had to start.

Unfortunately, most people these days have no clue what it is to actually work for something... They just want items and levels handed to them... like in WoW!!  hehe
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6751
I play it and thinks that it is a really good game. Never played any MMORPGs before so was very unsure to begin with if i would like it, but after the weeks trial I got hooked! I dont know what other MMORPGs are like, but in LOTRO the map is MASSIVE! and it is only a fraction of middle earth. YOu get to fight against things which you have read/seen in the books/movies and you also get to meet characters from there too.

Timmmmmmah what character are you in the game? What server do you play on? Some of us from the bf2s.com EU server section play on the snowbourn server.

I have a level 50 Minstrel and am in a kin called "The Tartan Army".
TimmmmaaaaH

Hey dude.

I play on the Elendilmir server (Aus is under Turbine, not codemasters).

I have a lvl 31 Elf Guardian, in the "Defenders of Valinor" kin.

Enjoying it muchly. I'm not a power leveling guy - I like taking it all in, so I should be more like lvl 36-8 for my time played.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6652|The Netherlands
I played it for 2 months, stopped because it was to expensive and i played bf2 more.
had a lvl 33 elf hunter.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

But I have like 3 months until Uni starts and then Uni (which as far as I know is easier than school) so I have the time.
Doing arts?
If not, your going to be in for a big fucking shock.
TimmmmaaaaH

DrunkFace wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

But I have like 3 months until Uni starts and then Uni (which as far as I know is easier than school) so I have the time.
Doing arts?
If not, your going to be in for a big fucking shock.
Damnit.

I think you are right my inebriated friend. And I am doing engineering, which is supposedly psycho hard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard