The golden Campus0%0% - 0
Other (state pls)9%9% - 18
Total: 200
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
NULL VOTE

Havent seen any of them, waiting for them to appear on TV in ~ 1 year

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-01-06 11:34:26)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Eldu wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Eldu wrote:

Well, you have a good taste for movies expect for your dislike of the people named above. <3 Michael Mann although the kingdom and especially Miami Vice dissapointed me. Oh well, everyone has his own taste I guess.
Don't get me wrong...  I like some of the Coen Brothers' stuff, but I couldn't stand No Country for Old Men, and I've never really liked any of their movies as much as most people do.  I liked most of Tarantino's stuff until Kill Bill came out.  Those 2 movies sucked.  As for Rodriguez, I really haven't liked anything by him other than El Mariachi.

I actually really liked The Kingdom, even if it was a bit patriotic.  I also really liked Miami Vice, but I really like Jamie Foxx in general, so I kind of have a bias there.
You'd better like The Big Lebowski, we're ok then . Also Jamie Foxx fan, but kingdom just didn't catch on.
*shrugs*  I did like The Big Lebowski, but again, I didn't think it was great.  It was funny and entertaining, but it's not in my top 100 or anything.  Raising Arizona and Fargo are the ones I liked the most.
FathomsDown
+19|6652|England
The Bourne Ultimatium, it has my office in it.... I'll let you guess where I work!
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

From the ones listed I would definitely say "American Gangster". I just loved that movie.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I haven't really seen too many 2007 films, out of the ones listed I've only seen two. 300 was awesome and Zack Snyder is getting a reputation in my eyes of being a director who can make a film out of pure unrefined awesome, (see Dawn of the Dead 2004.) In contrast, once again Michael Bay showed his true colours by making some of the most obvious product placement ever. Who puts a cellphone in a weird robot-creator thing with first commenting on the cellphone's brand and misconstrued place of origin? Don't worry though, thankfully the aussie chick set us straight with "Actually Nokia is based in Finland." Thanks for that, I was starting to get worried the film didn't have it's Nokia facts straight.

Don't even get me started on the Mountain Dew machine transforming into a robot and firing cans of Mountain Dew at everyone.

Transformers was a fun film and I enjoyed seeing it at the movies, but on a second viewing it lost all of the charm it had and the more ridiculous aspects became far more obvious.

Movies I'm looking forward to; well I Am Legend came out here on the third so I'll have to see that. Cloverfield looks fun but I hope the cool-looking monster gets some good screen time, unlikely due to the films "Blair Witch" type handycam style, but I reckon it'll still be pretty cool.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA

Turquoise wrote:

Bourne Ultimatum.  no contest
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6830|Texas
Other - No County for Old Men
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

You can't go past SPARTAAAAAAAA
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6481|Purdue
Well, Since I've only seen 300, Live Free or Die Hard, Transformers, and I am Legend, I guess I'll have to pick 300. Those other 3 movies were kick ass though too, and I still want to see Shooter, Borne Ultimatum, American Gangster, and Ocean's 13. Don't really care about Golden "Campus."
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

FathomsDown wrote:

The Bourne Ultimatium, it has my office in it.... I'll let you guess where I work!
OMG your the CIA guy holding the files

jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ
I can't believe so many people have said 300. I thought that movie was rubbish, I couldn't stand it. My favorites were I Am Legend, Shooter, Harry Potter, and Borne Ultimatum. Not really sure what my favorite of the year was though, but I'm leaning toward Potter, I thought the end was amazing.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
The hell is The golden Campus?

Golden Compass ffs
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand

White-Fusion wrote:

Golden Compass ffs
Yes I think thats been pointed out enough times in this thread...typo, get over it.

Last edited by justice (2008-01-08 14:43:07)

I know fucking karate
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Ryan wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

The only answer is Transformers (robots in disguise!)
Yeah, it was great. All that 3D work must have taken ages. Lots of hard work was put into that movie.
300 was alright, except for the fake CGI blood that disappears in thin air.
CGI heavy movies can be produced very quickly as CGI takes not much time to make and does require sets, camera-crew and having to retake failed shots.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6448|Boulder, CO
superbad in my eyes.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5956|Minnesota
bourne ultimatum!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Sunshine, Superbad, No Country For Old Men
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

justice wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Golden Compass ffs
Yes I think thats been pointed out enough times in this thread...typo, get over it.
I didn't read every post in the topic. Just did a CTRL + F for "The golden Campus?" and didn't see anything.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6487|Melbourne

A couple that i liked:

Superbad, Shooter, American Gangster
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine
Shooter, Die Hard 4.0 and Transformers.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
No Country For old Men.  Best film of the year, best western since Unforgiven.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

to be quite honest, the selections in this poll suck... Transformers? Bourne Ultimatum? They were exciting and I liked Bourne, but they're not Oscar contenders. Should've included No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood instead. And since I haven't yet seen There Will be Blood, I'm going to have to vote for No Country for Old Men.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon

mtb0minime wrote:

And since I haven't yet seen There Will be Blood
basicallty a 2008 release unless you live in NY OR LA.

been anticipating for a year to see there will be blood, it might show where I live or I may have to drive 100 miles to civilization to see it.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Reciprocity wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

And since I haven't yet seen There Will be Blood
basicallty a 2008 release unless you live in NY OR LA.

been anticipating for a year to see there will be blood, it might show where I live or I may have to drive 100 miles to civilization to see it.
ah that's true. i live in LA, so it's been out for a few weeks. but i guess technically it's still part of the 2007 Oscars... it just sucks that it had to be such limited release
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver

mtb0minime wrote:

to be quite honest, the selections in this poll suck... Transformers? Bourne Ultimatum? They were exciting and I liked Bourne, but they're not Oscar contenders. Should've included No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood instead. And since I haven't yet seen There Will be Blood, I'm going to have to vote for No Country for Old Men.
Who cares about the Oscars?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard