I'm always happy
yet eternally pessimistic...

Deagle in HC is awesome fun.
Deagle with scroll wheel is funnerer
That was a given
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Bernadictus
+1,055|6741

The pretty thing of HC mode, is that lone wolfs have a better chance of getting their 10 second wait. Squadding up makes it so much more fun, covering each other. Covering fire with a m249 forces the enemy down on the ground for cover, unlike BF2.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6771|UK

james@alienware wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Tis true.

Discuss.
No.

I was playing regular CoD the other day, and it was lame to say the least. 90% of the time I was shooting first and getting first hits but they jumped around/turned around and killed me. Or went behind cover and then popped out and killed me. [highlight]In regular mode it's all about getting headshots, which is just random luck.[/highlight] In hardcore mode you don't need that. I pretty much only ever play Hardcore mode. Infact my first ever round of CoD4 was hardcore (unintentional, but still)
How is getting headshots luck? That is defiantly a skill - aiming.

And also, if they jump around a kill you or go behind cover then kill, doesn't that just make them a better player?

And also, you make out that in regular you need a huge amount of bullets to kill someone, which simply isn't true.

You don't need to get a headshot, sure, it kills them in one shot (as it does in hardcore), but, it only takes serveral body shots to kill someone which is 1 or 2 short bursts (both on target) - not just 1 or 2 shots on target in hardcore.

If you look at it that way  ^ ....regular takes more skill as it were.
Did a test with a clan mate, took me 16 shots with an M16 at around 40ft to kill him on regular. Now im sorry but that is just shit.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6501|UK , Birmingham

JET_G raidensen wrote:

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

lol @ public cod4 plz just play scrims.

public = terrrrrrrraaaaaabad
Sorry we cant devote our lives to a game that isnt terribly amazing.
Rofl, iMPaCt owned
ReTox
+100|6503|State of RETOXification
Standard sucks balls.  Bunch of tube and nade spamming that takes NO skill.  All you need is 2 or more people and tube them with sonic boom.  Next thing you know you're near the top of the scores.  Doesn't mean you're a better player.

I prefer playing tactical realism.  The idea being it's an attempt to achieve real life kind of combat.  So there is camping, and very little nading/tubing.  No RNG and most of the really good players know tactics over spamming.  That, imo, makes them far superior gamers than those running around in standard servers with no real clue of what tactics are.

tactics > spammin'

my $.02
Defiance
+438|6675

Vilham wrote:

Did a test with a clan mate, took me 16 shots with an M16 at around 40ft to kill him on regular. Now im sorry but that is just shit.
No, I'm sorry that's wrong. 16 shots is bullshit, with an M16 even without stopping power two bursts to the chest should have taken him down. Since you attempted at range, the shots probably missed due to recoil and that's just a bad test.

I've shot many people in the head with G3/M14 with SPower and it didn't kill them in one shot (reg mode).

I haven't tried hardcore yet, I hope it's all it lives up to be, I want a few more blue tigers before giving up noob tube nade spam keyboard smash ville.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6694|Tampa Bay Florida
Hardcore SD = owns every other one to shit.  TBH, after you play a few hours of SD in general, the entire game is full of noobs compared to it.  I dont know how some of you expect to like the game after 2 weeks of playing TDM.
Defiance
+438|6675

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

JET_G raidensen wrote:

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

lol @ public cod4 plz just play scrims.

public = terrrrrrrraaaaaabad
Sorry we cant devote our lives to a game that isnt terribly amazing.
Rofl, iMPaCt owned
Scrims are fun, but if you only play scrims you're not getting any real amount of playtime unless you've got good consecutive scrims going.

I'm not going to spend $40-50 on a game to only play it an hour every once and a while.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6681|Ft. Drum, NY
hardcore is the best part about this game. Noob tube should be abolished.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6439
I've just bought the game and I've been playing both normal and hardcore and I can really see the difference. I can see why a lot of people think it's great because it forces you to make very, very quick accurate shots. At the same time I can see why some dislike it. A lot of the weapons become so powerful they just undermine other guns and simply kill in one chest shot like the G3.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6784|Great Brown North
why do people keep fighting over this? people who like the bouncing game of standard will play it, people who like sprinting from cover and using cover/tactics will play hardcore... just the way it is
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473
I have no love for hardcore.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6386|the land of bourbon
im still new to cod, so im liking standard mode.  the few times i tried hardcore, i got my ass kicked.  im sure i just need to learn the maps better.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard