Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6898|Toronto, ON
Hi,

I'm new to this game and I have the following questions (Sorry, I just got this game 1 week ago and don't know the proper in-game attitude I should express):

1) I was wondering how many "jumps" I am allowed to perform while remaining under the limit imposed for bunny hoppers?

2) Also, are we allowed to knife people when they have their guns out?  I do that alot and many First Sergeants tell me to not do that because it is not realistic

3) How many times are we allowed to snipe a pilot of their chopper? I am afraid that I would get banned for "camping".

4) How long can I stay in area for before it is considered "camping"?

5) Am I allowed to prone, stand, prone, stand etc?  I tend to do that alot to disorient the other players but the Corporals say that it is a bannable offense to exploit the game like that.

6) Some of these Corporal medics told me that I am not allowed to place C4 on an enemy corpse because it is considered stat padding.  When they come to revive, I wait until both come back to life and then I detonate.  The Corporal medics stated to me that it is a bannable offense.

7) I met alot of Corporal Snipers telling me that I should only snipe if I'm a sniper.  They say I knife and use pistol too much.

Please someone answer my questions, I want to have the proper etiquette before I start playing online.
Alpha as fuck.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6890|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
Do anything you please, just don't stat pad (organizing 2 friends and have one kill, revive, kill and revive) and hack/cheat.

1) The bunny hopper issue will be addressed soon in the next patch so I suggest you not worry about it and bunny hop as you please until the patch makes you unable to do so.
2) Those First Sergeants are noobs. Do what you like with the knives. They just can't aim at close range, screw them.
3) You can snipe the pilot of their chopper however many times you would like, as long as the chopper does not spawn at an uncappable (read: circle with red line through it) base.
4) You can stay however long you'd like. As long as it's not in an uncappable base.
5) Those Corporals are noobs. Ignore them. It is not an exploit, otherwise EA would have solved it. You can do that to make the enemy run out of ammunition and not hit you, then you can shoot them.
6) LOL nice going, thats a good idea. THAT IS NOT STAT PADDING, and I will be doing that very soon.
7) LOL. "I met alot of Corporal Snipers telling me that I should only snipe if I'm a sniper."
That is the equivalent of "HEY WTF I'M A SNIPER, YOU SHOULD BE DYING AND I SHOULD BE KILLING! YOU CAN'T SHOOT BACK YOU )(*#)(&#%R"
Ignore Corporals, they are newbies. Use knives and pistols however much you please. It's there for a reason. Listen to Gunnery Sergeants and higher ups, they have more experience with the game.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

Do whatever the hell you want according to EA and server "rules" <-----if rules is the correct word.  Just make sure you become some kind of "whore."  Armorwhore, noobtubewhore, bunnyhoppingwhore........but I suggest a planewhore since that is how most of these flight simmers got their points.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
^^^^^^

Listen to him. He is very wise.

He is the Voltaire of our day.
D-Klaus
+1|6835
First of all, for most of your questions, there is no 'written rule'.  Recently, the admins of the EA Servers posted a thread with the Rules Of Engagement.  You might want to check that out, but most of your questions here, weren't addressed there.

I will give you my opinion on your questions.  Keep in mind, since there is no written rules for your questions, it is all based on peoples opinions.  Those opinions really only come into play when and if that person happens to be an admin for whatever server you're playing on.

In other words, don't listen to anybody, unless it's the server admin.  If *you* feel that the server admins opinions are just plain wack, it is your choice to leave and find another server.  You will get a better understanding of that once you get into the game more.

1)  I tend to only jump once or twice, like if somebody surprises me, or is sniping me from a distance.  Anything more than that, I feel is excessive.

2)  Feel free to KNIFE ANYBODY at ANYTIME.  Keep in mind, you are the one with the disadvantage here, not the guy with the machine gun in hand.  Feel free to knife anybody if you feel you can get away with it.  The peope who told you otherwise are full of shit.

3)  If you are a sniper, and you are ABLE to camp and snipe for extending periods of time without being found and killed, you are doing something right.  No problems here UNLESS you are camping near a base that is not yours and you contintue to do so without capping the flag.  Some people might say you are base raping, but I don't know if I completely agree with that.  I mean hell, you're a lone sniper, not in a chopper or anything.

4)  Depends.  Try not to 'camp' near an enemy bas for loooong extended periods of time.  Some people might acuse you of base raping.  Otherwise, if it's out in the middle of an open area, or near one of your own bases, feel free to camp as long as  you want.  No problems there.

5)  I don't see how this could be considered an exploit.  Only exploit I know of similar to this is the jump/sprint exploit, but this is different.  I don't think I would worry too much about this one.

6)  This one might be considered a little cheap, but whatever.  Only the admin can consider this a bannable offence.... like I mentioned earlier.  In my opinion, if the medic didn't make sure the area was clear before reviving his buddy, he was just asking for it.

7)  Use whatever weapons your kit provides at your own free will.  Don't let anyone tell you what weapons to use and when.

Hope that helps.   Remember, this is all based on opinion.

Edit:  Wow that was long.  Wrote this before I read the other replies, but it looks like we were on the same page anyway.

Just play the game and have fun.

Last edited by D-Klaus (2006-02-10 15:04:34)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

If it pisses them off, you are doing the right thing.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
LOL NYTE IS TAKING THE PISS OUT OF ALL OF US...

Check his stats, he's a sergeant major

Lol nice one...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

He has interesting stats for being a SgtMaj.
D-Klaus
+1|6835

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

LOL NYTE IS TAKING THE PISS OUT OF ALL OF US...

Check his stats, he's a sergeant major

Lol nice one...
Hahaha, he got me

Oh well, probably good questions/answers for the n00bs anyway.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1

usmarine2005 wrote:

He has interesting stats for being a SgtMaj.
Do elaborate/explain.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6871|Twente, The Netherlands
Haha good one Sgt. Major Nyte.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

I would figure to see a lot more medals, but I guess if you can snipe as good as him, it doesn't matter.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
I just got this game. It's ok to kill people right?
GBViper
+0|6798|Green Bay, WI
First Welcome to the game.

1.) They say you can jump untill you stamina bar is gone. But  you still can jump after it is gone. BUNNY HOPPER !!! JK - Joking

2.) You can knife a person when ever you want. Hey, if some one comes at me with a knife, I pull mine out and have some curving fun.

3.) I would say as many times as you want if they are flying around. There are alot of "if's" in the game. I personal don't camp at noncappable flag. But if you or you were helping someone to cap a flag and you shoot someone that just responed. That is ok.

4.) Tough question...... Look at server rules. There are alot of servers that have "0" tolerance camping and they will kick you.

5.) People might think this might be a type of "dolphin diving" (jump, prone, jump, prone) You might get banned. I think it is dumb. But to his it own.

6.) I would of thought of throwing c4 on a corpse and blow up the medic and alive corpse. HHHMMM....  Clans and servers might ban you for this. But I can't answer that one. First time hearing that one. Sorry

7.) You have the weapons to use. So use them. When I snipe I usually call out enemy positions, armor, etc. to help out my team. Take out enemy from a distance with rifle. Then moving from place to place. I will switch to the pistol or knife just in case you run into or sneak up to an enemy. Those are faster to fire off than a bolt action.

Hope this helps you Nyte. Happy Hunting !!!  Hey, thanks for giving us your cold weather to Wisconsin. We were in paradise with high 40's HAHAHAHA
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
^^^^^^

OMFG please read the ensuing posts of a thread before posting your own. Otherwise this causes repetition that is oh so common in so many other threads.

thanks
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6890
Isnt this a sarcastic post?
Janysc
+59|6829|Norway
Why do people complain whenever I shoot their opponent in a knife duel ?

Is it STATPADDING !?

Last edited by Janysc (2006-02-10 16:56:51)

-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
I suspect Nyte is laughing at us all, fawning over how many posts his thread has created.

"Please someone answer my questions, I want to have the proper etiquette before I start playing online."

This should have tipped us off. How could he have been given so much "advice" by Corporals and First Sergeants when he hasn't even begun playing online?
Zukabazuka
+23|6832
Its you guys who should look at his stats http://bf2s.com/player/Nyte/ 440h played. He isn't new to this game he played it for a long time now
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

^^^^^^^^^^  wow, thanks for the info ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ilyandor
+31|6835|Phoenix, AZ

Zukabazuka wrote:

Its you guys who should look at his stats http://bf2s.com/player/Nyte/ 440h played. He isn't new to this game he played it for a long time now
one don't need to pull up his stats 2 see he is lying. QUESTION:
WHY WOULD HE POST A TOPIC LIKE THAT??? WHY..................?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6906|San Antonio, Texas
LOL NICE post! Tricked alot of people.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6887

*****WE GOT PUNKED*****

Omg, Cant believe I just referenced that show.
I feel weird inside
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6898|Toronto, ON
I was primarily poking fun at the people who try to define bunny hopping.

But this was fun.
Alpha as fuck.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6819|Australia
DO you have to be SHOOTING While JUMPING to be considered Bunny hopping, or just any noob jumping up and down while your shooting them??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard