kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
I think these are the easiest weapon to kill people with in the game, far or near, by a mile! Perhaps I'm just a good aim but rarely do I miss an enemy, and if I don't kill them I certainly get the the big X indicating I've hit them. I'm even killing people without them exploding now:

https://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t143/leetkyle/thatsagkill.png

Anyone else find them extremely easy?
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6577|USA
definitely. its almost kind of annoying to get hit with one by now.
adam1503
+85|6394|Manchester, UK
Theyre only easy if you know how...
Ryan
+1,230|6849|Alberta, Canada

They are annoying. I never use them. Only time I do is when I pick up a gun that happens to have 2 shells left.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6466
First time I used one it hit the guy in the chest and killed him, then exploded. I haven't  played with any m203 whores yet though so no problems.. yet.
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.
Of course, like in every other game the grenade launcher is the most effective weapon.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6751|The Island of Carls Jr.
It kinda takes skill. I find it to be usefull take out long range targets, or ones I dont have a clear line of fire on. It s not a very nooby weapon especially compared to most Gls, because it only has 2 grenades to fire and you gotta be a good shot or you got none left.

I have a habbit of "activating" the launchers all the time, it distracts me from using the actual gun, which puts me on a tactical disadvantage
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

I haven't used them in a very long time, but it annoys me to no end when people keep getting kills with it. It's almost like the G36E debacle.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
They key is knowing how to use them..... using a grenade launcher for cheap kills right at the begining of the round (or after you spawn) is pretty lame. 

I use my GL whenever I have to hit an enemy thats either too far away to bother shooting at, or is a moving target.  Of course theres other nooby times but thats what I try to limit myself to.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
So easy that most leagues ban them.

Synonymous with the term 'noobtube'.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida

Uzique wrote:

So easy that most leagues ban them.

Synonymous with the term 'noobtube'.
Well..... most leagues ban most of the perks as well dude.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
Yup, thats why i have one kit with 2 noobtubes and noobdom, it really pisses ppl off.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6774|Tenn
yea they are pretty noobified. and some ppl use them religiously... which is why i have the overkill 203 action ready for when i get pissed. or when i play showdown(cuz it reminds me of a map called Embassy Conflict in BHD). it really is lame if thats all your going to do. but there are a lot of ppl who have little to no talent who swear by it. let them have their fun because i will face-rape them if they miss
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6289|Pennsyltucky

I never really used them in BF2, started to in Cod$ just for the "Ouch" challenges.

I think they're pretty effective especially when paired with Sonic Boom.

Anyone ever play CoD4 w/ Harvey Camper ? It's the only thing he EVER uses, gets flamed a lot.
Master*
Banned
+416|6501|United States
I wish I could put a GL on my P90.
dill13
+67|6200

i dont know cause i dont use grenades in cod4 i think i have a total of 8 or so kills with gl and hand grenades but then again ive never been a fan of grenades in fps's and i dont know why i dont use the gl in cod4 i love it in bf2 and the first perk sucks anyway
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6469|meh-land

dill13 wrote:

i dont know cause i dont use grenades in cod4 i think i have a total of 8 or so kills with gl and hand grenades but then again ive never been a fan of grenades in fps's and i dont know why i dont use the gl in cod4 i love it in bf2 and the first perk sucks anyway
obviously you have a faulty keyboard so let me provide you with a special 'punctuation' pack with all the major punctuation symbols in the english language:

Code:

,./?!%&()[]-`
that's just the basic pack tbh...

can you specify what you meant?
you say how you never use the GLs and then talk about how the first perk sucks...

3x special grenades is probably the best perk i've ever played with, you just have to make sure you use them
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6004
Heh, well they are nice, I use them in my M4 class - M4 w/ nade launcher and digital, double tap and deep impact

Btw Kyle - nice games on the -UN- server, was that you? Also, that stupid hacker who announced his kills in chat was a total prick. :<
dill13
+67|6200

ok so i dont like using punctuation, but what im basically saying is i dont use the gl for no good reason and dislike using hand thrown grenades in general (that includes the special ones).
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6792|Perth, Western Australia
I have a kit that is overkill with a m203 + M4 and an m203 + G36C. With martyrdom. It like... doubles my average KDR every round. It's epic.

And nade launchers take more skill than just point and click with an m4 + reflex sight.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6292|eng

Blehm98 wrote:

dill13 wrote:

obviously you have a faulty keyboard so let me provide you with a special 'punctuation' pack with all the major punctuation symbols in the english language:

Code:

,./?!%&()[]-`
that's just the basic pack tbh...

can you specify what you meant?
you say how you never use the GLs and then talk about how the first perk sucks...

3x special grenades is probably the best perk i've ever played with, you just have to make sure you use them
You are lecturing him on punctuation, yet are not using any capital letters, or a full stop at the end?

Fail.
#rekt
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

It's only easy if you're wielding Sonic Boom and Martyrdom too.

dill13 wrote:

DAMMIT MAN, BREATHE!

Edit: Stupid Internets, messin' up my you're/your's

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-12-30 02:24:03)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
I use neither Sonic Boom or Martyrdom lol.

Nord - might of been. If you see a 'kyle' around the lieutenant / captain rank (well captain now!) then it is probably me yep. I do recall playing on the -UN- server though!
Microwave
_
+515|6661|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I don't use the nade laucher at all, I only did for a brief spell to get the ouch challenges.

I know it's effective I just prefer my bandolier/3x frags first perk + the red dot.

What really annoys me is when you see people running around anywhere in the map, even close quarters with the GL out.....then after 2 shots, they're stuck!

Sonic boom and martyrdom.....don't get me started...argh!
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6694|"The Empire"

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

It kinda takes skill
This is the most stupid quote i have ever read on this forum. Its the least skilled weapon in the history of any game. You point it in the general direction of the enemy and they die even if you hit them or not. In fact half the time on this game you get 2 kills with it with just a random shot, as the maps are so small.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard