Poll

Which Internet Browser are you currently using?

Internet Explorer22%22% - 46
Mozilla Firefox70%70% - 146
Safari0%0% - 0
Opera7%7% - 16
Netscape0%0% - 0
Total: 208
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

rh27 wrote:

I use Opera, Safari, IE7 and Firefox in that order, since I'm a web designer.

Outside of work however, I use Opera - it's just a faster and smoother browser for me than any of the others.

Firefox isn't one of the worst I've used, but it's far from the best. I used to like it after being hypnotised by all the blanket reviews on how great it is, but then I tried actually objectively looking at browsers and guess what - Firefox is slow, bloated and frankly not as secure as the fanboys want you to believe.

People need to legitimately give Opera a chance, no one in their right mind could use it and then switch back to Firefox, if you do than you're clearly determined on the results before you've tried it.

Also, IE7 really isn't that bad. It's pretty much tied in security with Firefox (they really have improved it a lot) and it loads a hell of a lot faster because it's part of the Windows shell and to an extent not an external program.
This man speaks the truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Dragonclaw
+186|6297|Florida
Firefox > all tbh
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6511|Adelaide, South Australia

Dragonclaw wrote:

Firefox > all tbh
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

Firefox > all tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Firefox. IE7 is OK but Firefox is leaps and bounds ahead, most notably in page loading times and the fact that I can use add-ons. Customizable themes, Linkification (a god-send on boards like GameFAQs), Adblock Plus.

I tried Opera, it was decent but somewhat harder to get used to than Firefox. Plus, it doesn't have the add-ons of Firefox. Same with Safari; asides from unexcusable bullshit like not being able to log in to BF2s, and making text on BF2s look big and bold, it also doesn't support add-ons.

Maybe I'll use IE8 if it's got improvements.
stef10
+173|6474|Denmark
Opera FTW!!!
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6392|Leuven, Belgium

jord wrote:

elbekko wrote:

To all of you retarded enough
See what I mean. Oher browser users can't say anything without having to throw in a few digs here and there. Maybe you get angry because 95% of people are happy with IE. Who knows...
*sigh*

Internet Explorer is quite clearly one of the worst web browsers available to man. I'm talking as a professional web developer here.
I get angry because every website I develop I have to take those 80% that can't even install an alternative browser, or have the illusion that "IE works", in account. It's impossible to create decent, valid websites without IE screwing up. Unless you have a header and some text, that is.
mikkel
+383|6593

elbekko wrote:

jord wrote:

elbekko wrote:

To all of you retarded enough
See what I mean. Oher browser users can't say anything without having to throw in a few digs here and there. Maybe you get angry because 95% of people are happy with IE. Who knows...
*sigh*

Internet Explorer is quite clearly one of the worst web browsers available to man. I'm talking as a professional web developer here.
I get angry because every website I develop I have to take those 80% that can't even install an alternative browser, or have the illusion that "IE works", in account. It's impossible to create decent, valid websites without IE screwing up. Unless you have a header and some text, that is.
Real professional behaviour there.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6392|Leuven, Belgium
I'm just sick of those idiots that think broken things work.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

elbekko wrote:

I'm just sick of those idiots that think broken things work.
For normal people that want to just browse various sites. It works.

"Idiot" ...

Not that's a sigh.

Omg hey someone has a differant opinion than me, they must be a retard/idot/bl bla.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6392|Leuven, Belgium
Fine, if you want to help the internet be a pain in the ass, continue using IE. But you'll encounter more and more sites which aren't willing to bother 'fixing' what doesn't work in IE. Because they'd be breaking something that works.

And yes, you are an idiot. A prime exampe of one even. You can't even interpret obvious evidence proving whatever opinion you have wrong. And yes, opinions can be wrong.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6569|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Firefox

/thread
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6674|England and damn proud
I use IE, have no need to change to anything else, it does what i need it to do.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

elbekko wrote:

Fine, if you want to help the internet be a pain in the ass, continue using IE. But you'll encounter more and more sites which aren't willing to bother 'fixing' what doesn't work in IE. Because they'd be breaking something that works.

And yes, you are an idiot. A prime exampe of one even. You can't even interpret obvious evidence proving whatever opinion you have wrong. And yes, opinions can be wrong.
Are the majority of people idiots because they don't make websites but view them? No. You're elitist attitude will get you nowhere. You should take more lessons on how to make websites if you can't make them so the majority of people can view them. That's what everyone else has to do.

God...
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

Firefox for browsing the web on my computer, and Safari for browsing on my iPod.
jaymz9350
+54|6569

jord wrote:

elbekko wrote:

Are the majority of people idiots because they don't make websites but view them? No. You're elitist attitude will get you nowhere. You should take more lessons on how to make websites if you can't make them so the majority of people can view them. That's what everyone else has to do.

God...
When it comes to computers, especially the security of your pc and or wireless network, most people are idiots (or at least i should say uneducated) and this is why IE gets attacked at a far larger rate than other browsers, more people use it and people who use other browers are more likely to keep everything else more secure as well.
jrav091
+8|5967|Northeast, USA

elbekko wrote:

I use Firefox.

Internet Explorer users must die.
Beautifully said, i totally agree =P
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6340|Belfast
firefox
use safari on my ipod

IE should die!
my dad uses it
i look at him with hatred
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6392|Leuven, Belgium

jord wrote:

elbekko wrote:

God...
I'm not saying they're idiots because they don't develop websites. I'm saying they're idiots because they use a browser that has been proven to not function correctly. I have about 4 years of experience in developing websites now, and each and every time IE pops up and screws over what works perfectly in any browser that does follow standards.

And an elitist attitude? Perhaps in your eyes. People throw that word around alot, and frankly, being called an elitist is more of a compliment than an insult, so thank you

Last edited by elbekko (2007-12-27 10:52:50)

mikkel
+383|6593

elbekko wrote:

jord wrote:

elbekko wrote:

God...
I'm not saying they're idiots because they don't develop websites. I'm saying they're idiots because they use a browser that has been proven to not function correctly.
Proven? It works fine for them. Why should they care? They aren't idiots. They just use what's there.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6392|Leuven, Belgium
Go read my post where I posted the ACID test. If that isn't proof enough, fire up google.
They should care because, like every normal human being, they want something that works correctly.

If only I could force every XHTML page on the internet to be server as application/xhtml+xml. We'd see IE users either scream in panic or start using a decent browser.
mikkel
+383|6593

elbekko wrote:

Go read my post where I posted the ACID test. If that isn't proof enough, fire up google.
They should care because, like every normal human being, they want something that works correctly.

If only I could force every XHTML page on the internet to be server as application/xhtml+xml. We'd see IE users either scream in panic or start using a decent browser.
I know full well that IE is substandard. The point is that most users do not. Most computer users don't even care. They get their pages served, and they display just fine for them. It works correctly for them. That does not make them retards, and that does not mean that they deserve to die.
'
By the way, only a few development branches of Firefox pass ACID2. The latest Firefox 3 beta releases fail ACID2, whereas the latest IE8 beta releases pass it.

Last edited by mikkel (2007-12-27 12:50:18)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6582|Reisterstown, MD

Firefox

/thread
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

mikkel wrote:

elbekko wrote:

I know full well that IE is substandard. The point is that most users do not. Most computer users don't even care. They get their pages served, and they display just fine for them. It works correctly for them. That does not make them retards, and that does not mean that they deserve to die.
'
By the way, only a few development branches of Firefox pass ACID2. The latest Firefox 3 beta releases fail ACID2, whereas the latest IE8 beta releases pass it.
So does Opera. Which clearly shows which is the better browser.
Madhadda1
+270|6536|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Zimmer wrote:

rh27 wrote:

I use Opera, Safari, IE7 and Firefox in that order, since I'm a web designer.

Outside of work however, I use Opera - it's just a faster and smoother browser for me than any of the others.

Firefox isn't one of the worst I've used, but it's far from the best. I used to like it after being hypnotised by all the blanket reviews on how great it is, but then I tried actually objectively looking at browsers and guess what - Firefox is slow, bloated and frankly not as secure as the fanboys want you to believe.

People need to legitimately give Opera a chance, no one in their right mind could use it and then switch back to Firefox, if you do than you're clearly determined on the results before you've tried it.

Also, IE7 really isn't that bad. It's pretty much tied in security with Firefox (they really have improved it a lot) and it loads a hell of a lot faster because it's part of the Windows shell and to an extent not an external program.
This man speaks the truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Wow no kidding, i couldn't agree anymore nor could i have said it any better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard