superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6742

Strategies
The only way to really dominate CoD4 is to master getting the 5 kill streaks.  once you get that then you call in an airstrike and then a helicopter strike and then rinse and repeat.  So what do those guys that consistently get the top scores do?  Well there are four methods that consistently work:

1) Sonic Boom: You get this skill at level one and it essentially makes your grenades and grenade launcher into WMD's.  You can then get three super shots off: 2 grenade launchers + 1 frag or 3 frags (level 41).  This method is pretty handy on most levels/maps because it works with big and small servers alike.  You'll die alot sometimes but you're always going to take alot of people down with you.

2) Sniper: It may take a while until you get a hang of it but its pretty easy to get 5 kill streaks with the sniper rifle.  Really the only things that will kill a good sniper is a good sniper!  Especially maps that have long streets which you have to make your way down.

3) Camping: Be it a Light Machine gun or assault rifle or smg or maybe even a shotgun (though i've not tried), they can dominate when coupled with sweet camping spots.  Take bottle necks, high traffic areas or places where shooting through walls can get lots of kills.  This one is all about finding the right spots which takes some trial and error or some good tips...i won't go into what sweet spots i know in this post!

4) Balanced Play: Take any kit and just go fight.  Forget the strategies, some maps just require great overall skills!

MAPS

Ambush – Large desert town, excels in Sabotage Matches. US Forces vs. OpFor
This is an urban desert town divided horizontally by a main road, on which a convoy has been destroyed. The northern side is a shanty town, while the south side is constructed of sturdy materials and offers more stable cover. There are two drainage pipes running under the main road that run south to north.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/ambush.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
4) Balanced Play
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backlot – Medium sized construction Site, great level for any mode. US Forces vs OpFor
This urban desert setting contains many two story buildings, including the hotly contested Construction Zone. A lot of fighting Takes place just in front of it, especially down the north/south streets on either side. There’s plenty of cover here, but you’ll need a buddy to watch your back.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/backlot.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
4) Balanced Play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloc – Large Russian apartment bloc. Intense Domination Matches. Spec Ops vs. Spetsnaz
This is a snowy, low visibility complex of apartment buildings. A central court yard with low walls slows your advance from building to building. Definitely a snipers map. There are some great stairwells that you can use, and of course a host of windows and other openings to snipe through. Most of the action takes place in the two facing apartment buildings, which both have upper and lower levels.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/bloc.jpg
Top Strategies:
2) Sniper
3) Camping

Bog – Small desert bog. Open level, excellent for smaller groups. US Forces vs. OpFor
This is a swampy, nasty dumping ground at night, featuring a large trash pile in the center as well as broken vehicles, a bus,and several cargo containers. There are two buildings you can enter on the south side of the map, and they feature one level only.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/bog.jpg
Top Strategies:
2) Sniper
4) Balanced Play

Countdown – Open launch pad. Huge sight lines and dangerous maneuvering. SAS vs. Spetsnaz
A freshly used missile launch site, Countdown has six underground missile silos dead center on the map. There are three launch doors open (You can fall to you death) and one with a missile ready to launch. The smoke and steam coming off these silos is great cover. There are two large hangers on the north and south sides of the level that can provide good cover as well, and two trucks with ladders for sniping.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/countdown.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
2) Sniper
4) Balanced Play

Crash – Downed Sea Knight in a desert town. Fantastic team games. US Forces vs. OpFor
This map is centered around a downed helicopter, and most of the action takes place directly around it. The chopper has crashed in the center of a war torn town, and the teams initially spawn at the southwest corner and the northeast corner. Initial meeting areas include the Back Ally, the Restaurant, and the Crash site
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/crash.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
2) Sniper
3) Camping

Crossfire – Small desert town. Intense interior fighting and strong firefights. US Forces vs. OpFor
Split by an S-Shaped road, this urban desert town is filled with tons of accessible buildings. Two main Overwatch buildings bookend the street, which is lined with buildings that your team can use to advance from one end of the road to the other.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/crossfire.jpg
Top Strategies:
2) Sniper
3) Camping

District – Large urban town with a market in the middle. Great for team games. US Forces vs. OpFor
This is a large urban area centered around a marketplace in the late afternoon. Several streets and all ways make it difficult to pin down enemies. There are only four accessible building interiors throughout this map, but plenty of ambush locations
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/district.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
3) Camping
4) Balanced Play

Downpour – Big rainy Russian farm. Excellent for Sabotage Matches. Spec Ops vs. Spetsnaz
This map is a farm on an overcast, rainy day. Lots of vegetation allows for great stealth maneuvering and use of the ghillie suit. The weather on this map makes for low visibility, but some good cover as well. Use it to your advantage when ever possible.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/downpour.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
4) Balanced Play
*fixed machine gun whoring is another way to go here.  very effective but only one person per team can man it.

Overgrown – Large overgrown rural Russian area. Sniper ghillie suits make for good cover… SAS vs. Spetsnaz
This map also takes place on a farm, but the time of day is morning. A dried up riverbed separates the farm from the small abandoned town on tthe south side. Two main bridges connect the two sides of the level, and a main road runs down the center of the town on the south sode. There are several buildings accessible on both sides of the river bead, and lots of vegetation in which to take cover.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/overgrown.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
3) Camping
4) Balanced Play

Pipeline – Russian train yard. Excellent team games. SAS vs. Spetsnaz
Morning on a gloomy day at an abandoned oil refinery is the setting for this map. A winding road spills into the center of the plant, with silos to the south and a train yard to the north. Two large warehouse buildings face each other in the center of the map, and an underground network of tunnels leads from the crew quarters tot he station house and building two.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/pipeline.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
3) Camping
4) Balanced Play

Shipment – Tiny Russian shipyard. Fast paced action with no hiding. SAS vs. Spetsnaz
This is a very small, very fun map, no matter how many players ore involved. It takes place in the late afternoon in a walled-off cargo container storage drop on the docks. Gravel and short grass provides the footing, while the symmetrically stacked cargo containers provide the cover.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/shipment.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
**find safe spots is real key

Showdown – Small desert arena. Great fast gameplay for small numbers of players. US Forces vs. Opfor
The setting is a desert palace complex at the end of the day. It’s currently under construction, with a construction site on the west side of the palace and a central courtyard with an enormous statue at it’s center. There are passages from both spawn points to the courtyard and to an interior second-level catwalk.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/showdown.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
3) Camping
4) Balanced Play

Strike – Large urban desert town. Excellent team games. US Forces vs. OpFor
This large urban desert area provides tons of buildings and secondary levels for players to take cover. The marketplace is full of shops, and the streets see lots of action. It takes place in the morning, so visibility is high. Use the multitude of building interiors to advance your team throughout the map.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/strike.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
3) Camping
4) Balanced Play

Vacant – Deserted Russian office. Intense interior fighting. Spec Ops vs. Spetsnaz
This is an abandoned shipping facility near the end of the day. The Spetsnaz have set up a temporary operations center to plan their attacks on the Spec Ops. The office complex consists of a maze of hallways and offices, including a warehouse and an Ops center. It’s surrounded by a parking lot on the east side and a loading/ unloading area on the south and west sides.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/vacant.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
3) Camping

Wetwork – Medium-Large cargo ship. Fast-paced Search & Destroy Matches. SAS vs. Spetsnaz
This map takes place on a cargo ship out to sea. It’s night, but visibility is still good. Night vision helps quite a bit on this level, but it can be disorienting in close quarters. There are only two indoor areas, located at each end of the ship. There are two raised platforms for snipers as well.
https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z63/senor_barrigas/COD4%20MW/wetwork.jpg
Top Strategies:
1) Sonic Boom
2) Sniper
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6460|so randum
Excellent Post! Sticky tbh
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6376|Norway | Unkown
Very nice, but could you change the images They look ugly and tv looking
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6351

There's another option: p90+double tap.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6460|so randum

some_random_panda wrote:

Yep. I find the M4 with RDS works just the same for me.

Infact, anything apart from a Skorpian, Or ANY shotgun.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6742

some_random_panda wrote:

which fits into balanced play.  as dominating as the p90+double tap combo is, there's not much you can do on some maps where nading or sniping dominates (e.g.-wetwork).   this isn't a guide for kit combos, but rather general strategies which work and don't work for the various maps.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6454|N. Ireland
Really awesome work! +1 definetely, nice.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6260
i like most of it exce3pt sonic boom i never use it and dont see the point compared to otehr perks

EDIT

how much does sonic boom increase the nade skills?

Last edited by Backupwayback (2007-12-26 16:26:16)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6460|so randum

Backupwayback wrote:

i like most of it exce3pt sonic boom i never use it and dont see the point compared to otehr perks

EDIT

Quite noticeably!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6284|New Haven, CT
You have the opposing armies on most of the maps wrong, but still nice work.
Master*
Banned
+416|6455|United States
For crash you should add "Sniper" to top strategies
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6742

Backupwayback wrote:

EDIT

IMO sonic boom is probably the single most powerful perk in the game.  it improves explosions considerably and makes the grenade launcher incredibly effective.  sonic boom + grenade launcher is almost a guaranteed two kills at least and doesn't require a great deal of skill.

nukchebi0 wrote:

please let me know which are wrong so i can change em.

Masterstyle wrote:

yes, i forgot that sniping along the long alleyway is very effective.  probably because I've given up trying to run down that damn alley cause its a death trap.  still you're right that people can quickly get 5 kills that way.
Master*
Banned
+416|6455|United States
Not only the alleyway but that open area where the helicopter is that is surrounded by buildings.
Brasso
+1,549|6591

Masterstyle wrote:

Not only the alleyway but that open area where the helicopter is that is surrounded by buildings.
Well, if you sit in that building overlooking the alleyway you can cover some of that middle area too.

I'm not much of a sniper myself though, I like to get in the action with my MP5 or silenced M4.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6260

superfly_cox wrote:

Backupwayback wrote:

EDIT

IMO sonic boom is probably the single most powerful perk in the game.  it improves explosions considerably and makes the grenade launcher incredibly effective.  sonic boom + grenade launcher is almost a guaranteed two kills at least and doesn't require a great deal of skill.

nukchebi0 wrote:

please let me know which are wrong so i can change em.

Masterstyle wrote:

yes, i forgot that sniping along the long alleyway is very effective.  probably because I've given up trying to run down that damn alley cause its a death trap.  still you're right that people can quickly get 5 kills that way.
imma try sonic boom today always thought was kinda usless skill unless spam nades or sumtin but meh ill post back
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6342|the land of bourbon
Bloc + shotgun + bandolier + stopping power + martyrdom = win
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6284|New Haven, CT
To fix:

First of all, Spec Ops should be SAS.

Incorrect maps:

Countdown: SAS vs. Spetsnaz
Overgrown: SAS vs. Spetsnaz
Pipeline: SAS vs. Spetsnaz
Shipment: SAS vs. Spetsnaz
Wet Work: SAS vs. Spetsnaz
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6649|"The Empire"
Nice work with good effort but its bullshit. Camping and sniper on most maps is just your opinion which may work for you, but is just boring for most people. I NEVER snipe or camp and i can win most rounds without either.

You mist out P90 rushing to get to a great spot and dominate from there, and that's just one different strategy. There are a lot more than what you have put, and everyone suits a different style.

Sniper camping on S&D is just ghey, boring and makes you wanna kick the idiot doing it.

As for sonic boom, the nade spamming is bad enough without sonic boom making it even more retarded.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6727|UK
Good effort but your "chosen" strategies for the maps are lame, you can easily use all strategies, camping, hunting, or noob extreme on every map, the only strategy that works on a few maps is sniping.
dill13
+67|6154

The biggest problem i see is that overgrown is the best sniping map in the game. Pipeline is also an excellent sniping map especially on s&d.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5198|Cleveland, Ohio
oh no i did a bump.  well why is it still a fucking sticky then?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6424|cuntshitlake

11 Bravo wrote:

well why is it still a fucking sticky then?
good question.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3920|SL,UT

my strategy is not to play COD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard