.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys
So im chilling in my living room after dinner with my sister, dad, aunt, grandma and grandpa. Everyone is tired and planning to go to bed, im just chillin on the couch flying around my new RC helicopter. My dad and aunt decide to walk around the block, and my grandmother goes upstairs, so its just me, my sister, and my grandfather. Anyway a few min later my dogs outside start barking like crazy, so i tell my sister to go shut them up. She comes back in 30 seconds later going nuts yelling "THERES A POSSUM OUT ON THE FENCE". Well this is the Florida Keys i lived in all my life and ive never seen a possum, and thought my sister ment a raccoon. So i grab my air rifle and a flashlight and run out to see it. Sure enough, it is a giant fucking possum that probably weighed 15-20 pounds. My dogs are going nuts on it, the possum is ontop of the backyard fence. There was a thick white froth in its mouth. The thing had rabies, and it was snapping at my dogs.

This website shows possums defense: http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/opossum … anisms.htm
This animal was not acting in any of those manners, it was snapping and trying to bat my dogs in their face with its claws.
And control+f this page and look at the rabies section: http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/frequen … 20a%20pet?
"Any mammal can get rabies. However, the chance of rabies in an opossum is EXTREMELY RARE. This may have something to do with the opossum’s low body temperature (94-97º F) making it difficult for the virus to survive in an opossum’s body."
Well, its my lucky day, i found a possum with rabies.

My sister got the dogs to get away from it and it was me vs. this rabid possum. I had no clue what this crazy animal was going do.....sit there, run away, or jump at me and attack me. I decided since it was rabid im taking it out, so i chambered a BB in my crossman 2000 (i think thats the type), pumped it 5 times, and shot it right between the eyes. All that happened was a small hole appeared and his head jolted back from the force of being hit. He then repositions himself and looks at me, then starts shaking his head, faster and faster. It was one of the creepiest things ive ever seen.. it was like it was possessed by something. It didn't scream/screech/yelp or anything, just shook its head while blood started to cover its face. I shot it two more times between the eyes and it didn't kill it, and the possum didn't act any different. I then went inside and got my Shadow air rifle which shoots pellets at 1200 fps, meaning its about as powerful as a .22. I shot him between the eyes with that and it jumped about a inch of the fence, it looked like all the muscles in his body tensed up. When the pellet hit him i saw a small stream of blood come out behind his head. Anyway, he was all tensed up and he just fell backwards lifeless into the water. Luckily it is a high tide and the scent of blood is in the water, which will draw nurse sharks to him so he wont sit in the mud and decay when the tide recedes.

Now i don't know if you guys go hunting all the time and think this is a "whoopdy-doo" story or what, it was just unusual for me because the biggest mammal that lives in marathon is a raccoon, and this possum was a lot bigger than a raccoon. For me it was pretty intense, probably because of the way it was acting, it was scary. Ive never experienced something like that before, all i know is when you see a wild rabid animal you kill it right away.

Anyway......
Patton- 1
Rabies- 0

gg me.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6519
gg you
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6301|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Patton- 1
Rabies- 0

gg you.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6753|FUCK UBISOFT

gg you
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6547|Carlsbad, CA, USA

good job, and you are lucky.  i am so happy i have a 12 gauge, i wouldn't take on a rabid field mouse with ANY kind of air rifle.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6361|Iowa...
well,i guess i'll be one of the few non-assholes here and say something constructive.your story sort of reminded me of I Am Legend,which i just saw today.pretty good movie too.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6753|FUCK UBISOFT

aj0404 wrote:

well,i guess i'll be one of the few non-assholes here and say something constructive.your story sort of reminded me of I Am Legend,which i just saw today.pretty good movie too.
how so?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6486|Foothills of S. Carolina

aj0404 wrote:

@ Patton: Glad everyone is OK, got a few possums here near me, never saw a rabid one though.

@ aj:  I saw legend yesterday. It reminded me of a cross between Blade and Resident Evil. I thought it was Ok, nothing spectacular.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6536|South Florida

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

So im chilling in my living room after dinner with my sister, dad, aunt, grandma and grandpa. Everyone is tired and planning to go to bed, im just chillin on the couch flying around my new RC helicopter. My dad and aunt decide to walk around the block, and my grandmother goes upstairs, so its just me, my sister, and my grandfather. Anyway a few min later my dogs outside start barking like crazy, so i tell my sister to go shut them up. She comes back in 30 seconds later going nuts yelling "THERES A POSSUM OUT ON THE FENCE". Well this is the Florida Keys i lived in all my life and ive never seen a possum, and thought my sister ment a raccoon. So i grab my air rifle and a flashlight and run out to see it. Sure enough, it is a giant fucking possum that probably weighed 15-20 pounds. My dogs are going nuts on it, the possum is ontop of the backyard fence. There was a thick white froth in its mouth. The thing had rabies, and it was snapping at my dogs.

This website shows possums defense: http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/opossum … anisms.htm
This animal was not acting in any of those manners, it was snapping and trying to bat my dogs in their face with its claws.
And control+f this page and look at the rabies section: http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/frequen … 20a%20pet?
"Any mammal can get rabies. However, the chance of rabies in an opossum is EXTREMELY RARE. This may have something to do with the opossum’s low body temperature (94-97º F) making it difficult for the virus to survive in an opossum’s body."
Well, its my lucky day, i found a possum with rabies.

My sister got the dogs to get away from it and it was me vs. this rabid possum. I had no clue what this crazy animal was going do.....sit there, run away, or jump at me and attack me. I decided since it was rabid im taking it out, so i chambered a BB in my crossman 2000 (i think thats the type), pumped it 5 times, and shot it right between the eyes. All that happened was a small hole appeared and his head jolted back from the force of being hit. He then repositions himself and looks at me, then starts shaking his head, faster and faster. It was one of the creepiest things ive ever seen.. it was like it was possessed by something. It didn't scream/screech/yelp or anything, just shook its head while blood started to cover its face. I shot it two more times between the eyes and it didn't kill it, and the possum didn't act any different. I then went inside and got my Shadow air rifle which shoots pellets at 1200 fps, meaning its about as powerful as a .22. I shot him between the eyes with that and it jumped about a inch of the fence, it looked like all the muscles in his body tensed up. When the pellet hit him i saw a small stream of blood come out behind his head. Anyway, he was all tensed up and he just fell backwards lifeless into the water. Luckily it is a high tide and the scent of blood is in the water, which will draw nurse sharks to him so he wont sit in the mud and decay when the tide recedes.

Now i don't know if you guys go hunting all the time and think this is a "whoopdy-doo" story or what, it was just unusual for me because the biggest mammal that lives in marathon is a raccoon, and this possum was a lot bigger than a raccoon. For me it was pretty intense, probably because of the way it was acting, it was scary. Ive never experienced something like that before, all i know is when you see a wild rabid animal you kill it right away.

Anyway......
Patton- 1
Rabies- 0

gg me.
Next time grab your Glock 21 (.45) and 1 shot will blow its body into 100 pieces.

But that Shadow air rifle thing sounds kick ass.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6742|Uhh... erm...
Are you sure it wasn't just possessed by Santa's evil twin or something?
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6231|Phoenix, AZ
lol a video would have been nice...

lulz

good job though, and i think id be freaked out if a possum with rabies started to fuck with me...  lucky you had the means to kill that fucker too
David.P
Banned
+649|6285

Mitch wrote:

Next time grab your Glock 21 (.45) and 1 shot will blow its body into 100 pieces.

Fuck that! Be a Man! Grab a Knife and go Mono a Mono with that sonnavabitch!
GodFather
+387|6231|Phoenix, AZ

David.P wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Fuck that! Be a Man! Grab a Knife and go Mono a Mono with that sonnavabitch!
even will smith didnt stab any of those infected people, and he was immune.... lol
Hawk390
+27|6655|Melbourne, Australia
Rabid possum....sweet. We get possums everywhere in aus, bout the only annoying thing about them is when they get on the roof and run round on it for hours, or get in between the walls. I just send my cat outside to deal with them. Hes probably killed most if not all of the possums around our place....which is probably a bad thing since were not meant to kill native animals with low numbers...But hey, stops em running along the fucking roof.
Tetn1s
+59|6653|Los Angeles
Am i the only person who feels bad for the possum?  Anyways gj
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6533

Ned_Z wrote:

yes
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6786|Noizyland

Possums aren't much bigger than raccons. Then again biggest thing I've killed is a Goat.

I've got a massive Pohutukawa tree on my property and Possums love that thing, (they're a pest here unlike in Oz.). I bought a silencer and some sub-sonic ammo for my .22 so one night when I feel like it I'm going to just sit on my balcony with my .22 and shoot the Possums on the Pohutukawa. It is illegal to discharge a firearm on my property, but with the silencer what the neighbors don't know won't hurt 'em, (unless of course I shoot one of them.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Reciprocity
+721|6592|the dank(super) side of Oregon
why did you jerk it off with a fucking bb gun first?  why not just shoot it with the .22 air rifle?  you dont have to torment the poor thing.
Xyzmann
+2|6425|Brisbane Australia
We had a colony of possums in our back yard that consists of an Alpha male & his 5 subordinates.  I am very proud & feel privileged to have these creatures living in my back yard. I grow mostly native trees to attract them & many birds species.
I also have a 38 kg (85 lb) Bull Terrier /Australian Blue Cattle dog cross that displays zero tolerance for anything small & fluffy.
A couple of weeks ago the Alpha Male Possum got down the tree onto the ground & met my bully.  Instant death for the possum & his mates have gone into hiding.
I felt sad after the loss & even though it was a wild animal I would still like the troop to return, & stay in the tree tops..
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6414|Alberta, Canada

Ned_Z wrote:

It was fucked when it got rabies in the first place.
GodFather
+387|6231|Phoenix, AZ

Ty wrote:

...what the neighbors don't know won't hurt 'em, (unless of course I shoot one of them.)
i was ROFLing
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6240|NSW, Australia

nice,
just one question how old are you and how old is your sister, your sister would have been freaking out (probably)
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York

aj0404 wrote:

Yeah, with the dog... one of the saddest movie scenes of all time.

Good analogy though. I'm a HUGE animal lover and I hate killing animals but when you're forced to in a sitution like this, you just have to.

ig wrote:

Ned_Z wrote:

yes
no

:S

Last edited by Poseidon (2007-12-26 04:31:02)

jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.
I shot a bird through the Eye once and it just flew up about 1 metre then dropped down twitching. I felt freaked out/sorry for it.

Bastard digging up my garden though.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys

Reciprocity wrote:

why did you jerk it off with a fucking bb gun first?  why not just shoot it with the .22 air rifle?  you dont have to torment the poor thing.
because everything i had ever shot with that bb gun died in one shot, i figured it would be strong enough.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard