I won't be buying it.
Yeah you better not. BF3=Boron Trifluoride, a toxic gas

Lol wut?
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6686|London, UK
This is where I get all my PC games can't wait to be honest

http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Action/%7Er333 … lefield-3/

Can't believe no one else posted this as confirmation...
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon

bullit wrote:

yeah, I dont think so.

of course there will be another bf. but in march?  no. you'll see at least eight months to a year of publicity to get everyone worked up.
they usually start with some kind of leaked images.

as long as they keep air and land vehicles and don't do future bullshit again, I'll buy it.
Longbow
+163|6643|Odessa, Ukraine
If BF3 will be released in 2008 it will be absolutely amazing. I tried Crysis, CoD4, F:FoW beta and their MP gameplay suck compared to BF series. Can't wait till there will be some official news from either EA or DICE
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6319|Orrstrayleea
I Call Bs
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Reciprocity wrote:

bullit wrote:

yeah, I dont think so.

of course there will be another bf. but in march?  no. you'll see at least eight months to a year of publicity to get everyone worked up.

as long as they keep air and land vehicles and don't do future bullshit again, I'll buy it.
That "future bullshit" happened to be awesome...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.

FloppY_ wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

bullit wrote:

yeah, I dont think so.

Yeah it was.

For a few weeks....
FloppY_
­

jord wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

yeah, I dont think so.

Yeah it was.

For a few weeks....
FloppY_ Gametime:

BF2142 = ~ 500 hours
BF2      = ~ 100 hours

Tbh i got BF2142 first of the two

I like that you can trust your weapons to actually REG in BF2142... unlike the much more random gameplay of BF2
Longbow

FloppY_ wrote:

jord wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yeah it was.

For a few weeks....
FloppY_ Gametime:

BF2142 = ~ 500 hours
BF2      = ~ 100 hours

I like that you can trust your weapons to actually REG in BF2142... unlike the much more random gameplay of BF2
Honestly, I love BF2 weapons and vehicles more. They are real, they do more damage. If you know how to shoot, BF2 weapons hitreg won't be a major problem...when I play BF2 after BF2142 I realize all the time that 2 shots from AK-101 makes your enemy almost dead. 2 shots from Krylov or SCAR 11 - he won't even be damaged by 50%

BF2 vehicles...they are absolutely kickass...though less protected. But they sertainly do far more damage\are more accurate\etc then 2142's vehicles.

BF2142 is about balance...good gameplay...
but BF2 is pure fun.
FloppY_
­

Longbow wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

jord wrote:

Yeah it was.

For a few weeks....
FloppY_ Gametime:

BF2142 = ~ 500 hours
BF2      = ~ 100 hours

Honestly, I love BF2 weapons and vehicles more. They are real, they do more damage. If you know how to shoot, BF2 weapons hitreg won't be a major problem...when I play BF2 after BF2142 I realize all the time that 2 shots from AK-101 makes your enemy almost dead. 2 shots from Krylov or SCAR 11 - he won't even be damaged by 50%

BF2 vehicles...they are absolutely kickass...though less protected. But they sertainly do far more damage\are more accurate\etc then 2142's vehicles.

BF2142 is about balance...good gameplay...
but BF2 is pure fun.
Good gameplay & Balance = Fun for everyone

J10 + Carrier = Fun for one person

And weapons in BF2142 have faster firerates, so that basically equals out your statement....
Longbow

FloppY_ wrote:

And weapons in BF2142 have faster firerates, so that basically equals out your statement....
In CQB - yes, at anything above 20m - no. Only Baur is capable to do any significant damage on single shot.
FloppY_
­

Longbow wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

In CQB - yes, at anything above 20m - no. Only Baur is capable to do any significant damage on single shot.
Pfft... Krylov > Baur at all ranges
Longbow

FloppY_ wrote:

Baur on single shot > all at medium to long ranges
FloppY_
­

Longbow wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Baur on single shot > all at medium to long ranges
Krylov on single shot > Bauer on single shot

Krylov has FAR less recoil,,
assau1t
+12|6700|sector a-35
for each his own
Longbow

FloppY_ wrote:

Indeed it has...but what has recoil to do with single shot? Is it hard to you to control the gun on rapid SINGLE shot? Ffs...Baur's damage makes it absolute winner at range.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6736|Omaha, Nebraska
I hope they don't bring the futuristic crap back as well that was terrible.
FloppY_
­

Longbow wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Indeed it has...but what has recoil to do with single shot? Is it hard to you to control the gun on rapid SINGLE shot? Ffs...Baur's damage makes it absolute winner at range.
Less recoil means shorter time untill the next shot is fired .... which equals out the higher damage of the Baur...
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6719|Oregon
no way is this shiit coming out in march...i thought having it be released in November was pushin it...

lets keep this on BF3...yea, theyre both good, but its common knowledge that 2142 was shit compared to bf2...it didnt have the same "HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!" feel that BF2 had on launch.

hopefully BF3 can bring that feeling back. seriously, if they made an exact copy of bf2 on this new engine, i would be sold.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6701|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

I saw this a while back, yall just found out...
Longbow

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

no way is this shiit coming out in march...i thought having it be released in November was pushin it...

lets keep this on BF3...yea, theyre both good, but its common knowledge that 2142 was shit compared to bf2...it didnt have the same "HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!" feel that BF2 had on launch.

hopefully BF3 can bring that feeling back. seriously, if they made an exact copy of bf2 on this new engine, i would be sold.
Indeed, BF2142 hadn't the same feel as BF2, but wasn't BF:V the same? Good, but not kickass. So please don't say BF2142 is shit unless you bought it, reached last rank and still do not like it. +demo was really gay, that was kinda stupid to give absolutely no unlock credits in demo for the game whose gameplay is absolutely based on unlocks.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6742|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Found this whilst bimberling through the wonderful web.

http://battlefieldthree.com/

And l found this. Most likely fake but hey ho.

http://bf3me.co.nr/

And this is the page it is from.

http://www.enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=12

If this is true, then it would be intresting to see.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6449|Cambridge, UK

The_Guardsman wrote:

http://battlefieldthree.com/

And l found this. Most likely fake but hey ho.
Only most likely? Zoom in and see...
"Game experience WILL change during onlibe play" and "Noobs R US 179 miles"
The_Mac
+96|6222
Yeah, those vids are all fake. I'm a bit puzzle by BF3's alleged "No XP" because it is so unlike EA to miss out on opportunities to make money.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6341|New York
The Battlefield Series is done.  EA has taken it as far as you can go with a series.  From 1942 to 2142, Battlefield has covered all major wars and even a fictitious, futuristic one.  Not to say there is no hope for the future but there certainly will not be a BF3 in late '08 due to the simple, obvious fact that we haven't heard anything about it.  Marketing and advertising is a very important part of the video game industry, as in any industry, to create hype and enthusiasm therefore if there was an '08 release date you can rest assured we would already have trailers, screenshots, demos, and maybe even a beta.  Any reference to BF3 for the PC on the net as of now is a reference to Battlefield:  Bad Company.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard