aimless
+166|6134|Texas
You can play any game you want on high settings. The real trick is actually being able to play the game. The goal is 60fps. If your card can hit constant 60fps on high settings, then it is deemed useable.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

xBlackPantherx wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

You are such a fucking idiot I'm not even going to continue with you. For your information, since you can't be fucking bothered to look it up your self so instead you just ramble on about shit you don't fucking know, I copied that straight from the sight with the default stuff, use Mac's everyday (you moron saying I don't know what I'm talking about when I say I can run all my games on high settings (not completely maxed out because they don't need to be, they can, but I don't want them like that so get you damn facts straight) INCLUDING Cod4 with no difficulty. So, again, I'm done talking to you about it because you just can't seem to get it past your thick skull that I know a helluva lot more about it than you do seeing as how I use 4 different Macs a day. Goodbye, if you abso-fucking-lutely need to get the last word in, as you always feel the need to, you can PM so you don't waste thread space with your BS.
You can play all games on high, with a 7300GT? LOL!

I want to see you play Crysis on your Mac, so I can watch it tremble in fear.
I do run it on high with a 7300 GT. I may be getting Crysis for x-mas, which in that case, I WILL put it on high. You do have to understand that I don't run anything but Halo and URT2004 straight on the Mac side. I use my PC partition.
You're an idiot.

Plain and simple. Anyone claiming to run modern games on high with any sort of acceptable frame rates on a 7300GT is about as stupid/dishonest as they come. I know how well Macs run games. I know all too well how rubbish they are at it.
golgoj4
+51|6783|North Hollywood

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

They're good for college students who aren't into gaming. AKA people with lives
Sorry friend, but college students generally get macs because they are quite simple. Hell, everyone i've ever known outside of movie post production folks and gfx artists switched because:

Windows gave them problems
Windows was too complicated.
They are trendwhores.

Sorry, but the reason most people buy a MAC IMO is because they lack the knowledge to operate anything else effectively. I suppose if they bothered to RTFM, they could have saved money. But these days taking the time to figure out what your doing seems to be too much effort. Granted not every MAC user is a moron. That far from true. Its just that in my experience, you have really advanced people such as some of the Mac users here on BF2s and then you have a larger base of morons that call me looking for help, even though it 'just works'.
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6762|Florida, United States
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

golgoj4 wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

They're good for college students who aren't into gaming. AKA people with lives
Sorry friend, but college students generally get macs because they are quite simple. Hell, everyone i've ever known outside of movie post production folks and gfx artists switched because:

Windows gave them problems
Windows was too complicated.
They are trendwhores.

Sorry, but the reason most people buy a MAC IMO is because they lack the knowledge to operate anything else effectively. I suppose if they bothered to RTFM, they could have saved money. But these days taking the time to figure out what your doing seems to be too much effort. Granted not every MAC user is a moron. That far from true. Its just that in my experience, you have really advanced people such as some of the Mac users here on BF2s and then you have a larger base of morons that call me looking for help, even though it 'just works'.
QFT
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6648|Montreal, Qc, Canada
easy.... they just go in a store and by a Mac !
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/12/19/apple_display_update/
Standard Apple policy.

We aren't allowed to talk about major issues, or things that have REP codes applied to them. I've gotten in trouble before for telling a customer why his Mac went wrong. The way they deal with the consumer seems appalling from most perspectives, although they do seem to cave to any pressure whatsoever, so if you have a Mac that goes wrong complain a lot and it'll get sorted better - even though all the staff repairing it will be calling you "that fussy cunt" while they fix it.

Apple always try to hide anything negative about their products. It's perfectly normal - for them. I think the way they deal with warranty returns is bordering on illegal.
B1GBUD
+17|6606|Under an Artillery Shell
I remember when only people with beards used Mac's (both men and women)

But now they're used by people who think a right-click is too complicated. I support Law Student's who buy a Mac because they're pretty. Then they realise they'll have to run bootcamp + XP to be compatible.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard