JonskyGBR
+5|6643|England
It's not like you can continually blow up the arty, the supply crate will only fix and re-arm the guy a few times before it dissappears, and there isn't any badges or anything for blowing up strategic objectives.

And the vid isn't stat padding either... Just some good kills, Baseraping possibly (depending if you call that spawn point uncappable and the server has a no uncappable baseraping rule), but not statpadding
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6677|Germany

nordicfireman wrote:

BEE_Grim_Reaper wrote:

Maybe I am just sticking around waiting for you to turn 18 and being the faggot you say I am by giving you a nice long buttfuck
IMO, you need to chill the fuck out and remember that this is the internet and nothing serious. "the faggot you think i am"?? what do you care what he thinks? just...stop
Maybe you want to read, what he sent me via message... then you would know...
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6677|Germany

oberst_enzian wrote:

WTF is wrong with some you people? How the hell is running around with your defib/knife out and managing to get kills 'stats padding'???? How on earth is destroying arty when a noob commander sends supplies down even though there's an enemy spec ops there stats padding???

YOU FOOLS. THIS "STATS PADDING" BULLSHIT IS OUT CONTROL!!!! stop bloody whinging about figments of your imagination and play the game

edit: you beat me Riaz1985!
Ok... I think this might be a good example to differentiate between statpadding and not statpadding....

Example 1: A spec ops blows up an enemy asset. The commander drops a supply crate right next to it. The spec ops reloads his supply of C4, places some on the asset, maybe reloads again and blows that thing to hell and the supply crate with it. Perfectly legal since it was commanders stupidity.

Example 2: A spec ops blows up an enemy asset. The commander drops a supply crate right next to it. The spec ops reloads his supply of C4, sets the C4 in a way the supply crate does not blow up, maybe reloads again and blows that thing to hell without harming the supply crate to have the asset back in a couple of seconds only to blow it up again. That might be considered statpadding since he exploits a gap in the system to gain points. On the other hand, it is difficult to prove malice here. But we all know, that EA is apparently not too discriminating on the finer differences but instead is very quick on the wipe/reset button.

The question should be refrased as "Are you willing to risk it?" There needs to be only one other player being pissed, taking a screenshot, posting it on BF2rankedservers.com with some nasty lines accompanying it and you will be looking at some beautiful zeroes in you stats faster than you can say Stat-reset because of violation of the TOS. You see, the judges here do make the rules themselves and have no real witnesses here.
ComradeWho
+50|6665|Southern California
I like how the one guy said FIND ANOTHER WITCH TO BURN

Sometimes you people are ridiculous. There's some obsession with people here in looking at every person to determine whether or not you can mock them and discredit them by calling them some kind of cheater/whore/padder/anything. Just shut up already.

You can't blow the artillery up again until it's repaired you dumbasses. Somebody actually said "waiting for it to repair is cutting it close." As soon as the crate gets near the guns and the repair starts they become functional! You can't blow them up again until they do this. And leaving the island if there's a crate to refill and blow again is stupid. You fools. If you can somehow blow the arty without the crate going then that is brilliant. You people are actually saying, I can't believe it but you are, you're actually saying that if you're c4 and you blow assets and the enemy commander drops a crate that you shouldn't try to blow the assets again in a way that saves the crate - because that would get you too many points. Are you people dumb? The most effective special ops person is the one that blows supplies up with the highest efficiency. What is more efficient than that? Ok. It's as simple as I just described it. You guys seem to think that there's something wrong with getting points. Well there's not. This would only be padding if the enemy commander was helping the spec ops person do this - and what is the likelihood that a commander is going to sit in a pub server and let all his equipment blow as USMC on wake so his buddy on the Chinese team can get points? Give me a break. And even if that situation is likely there's nothing contained in the original post that would even hint that this is going on so again stop the witch hunt.

Last edited by ComradeWho (2006-02-09 01:26:05)

ex0331
+-2|6767
next thing you know killing more than 1 person with a pistol is going to be considered stat padding. if it's an enemy asset, blow it up. doesnt matter how many times you do it. if they fix it. blow it up. simple as that.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Stat Padding? Be sure that i'll monitor your servers and get your stats reset. Its almost impossible for their supply crate to escape your c4 blast radius and still repair the arty.
Have you lost your fucking mind?  Blowing up enemy arty is stat padding?  You fucking people baffle me.  But flying in a jet and bombing the carrier is ok?  How about having a supply box next to your tank so you can keep getting ammo, is that stat padding?  FFS.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6805|Deutschland/Germany
If i understood what sniper was trying to explain right then it s definately statpadding.
Why??

Explanation:
Because he s trying to blow up the artillery WITHOUT hurting the supply crate. The artillery will automatically be repaired again and he ll blow it up. He would repeat that several times until he s getting bored. This does NOT help your team and is like all the other ways of statpadding only a cheap way to get some points without actually helping your team or doing sth. useful. The right thing to do would be to destroy the arty + the crate completely and MAYBE to wait if the commander drops another crate again to keep the arty from getting repaired.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Well, that's your opinion, and that's fine.  But in my opinion, blowing up enemy "stuff" no matter where or how is not stat padding anymore than planewhore bitches bombing the carrier.
ArMaG3dD0n
It s not an opinion it s a fact. Please read my post again I doubt u understood it. With this kind of logic you could also say: Knifing an enemy and having someone revive him is not statspadding because killing an enemy is always legal. Its ABSOLUTELY the same as knife-revive statpadding.
Just replace "knife" with "C4" and "shock paddles" with "supply crate"

He s only blowing up the arty for the purpose of getting points, letting the arty be repaired again by the supply crate he leaves intact + blowing it up again etc. etc...

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-02-09 07:56:07)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Well, again, I disagree.  When you blow the arty, the commander may be inclined to drop a supply crate, but the he will hear "arty repaired,' so then he will ignore it, then boom, arty gone again.  I think it distracts the commander and reduces incoming arty, so it ain't stat padding.
ArMaG3dD0n
Sorry I think you still didnt understand it. He s trying to blow up the arty 10000000 times and let it be repaired again by the same supply crate which he tries to leave intact. If he would be trying to help the team or "distract" the commander he would destroy the arty + the supply crate, camp behind a tree until a new supply crate comes to repair or until the commander himself shows up and destroy the arty + the crate or the commander.
He s not trying to keep the arty down he s trying to let it be repaired and blow it up again to rack up points.
---> statpadding

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-02-09 08:06:41)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Yes, I understand what he is doing.  Not too many places to hide on that little island though.  I just don't agree that it is stat padding anymore than my other examples.
ArMaG3dD0n
You cant have understood what I ve said because if you would have understood it there wouldnt be any way to say its not statpadding. He is NOT trying to help his team he is EXPLOITING game mechanics for the purpose of getting points. If he WOULD be trying to help his team he would for example try to keep the arty down and not let it be repaired.
1 GLOBALLY ENFORCED RANKED SERVER RULES
ยง1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding")

No difference to knife-revive-padding at all. You may disagree but it pretty much doesnt matter because it is indeed statpadding.

Sorry if I sounded a little annoyed.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

It's fine, people should disagree.  I don't agree with the rule that's all.  Look at my stats, I don't stat pad, obviously, but "game mechanics" also mean that you have no choice to spawn on the carrier if you want to fly or ride, but the enemy can do bombing runs left and right and rack up a lot od points, which does not help the team too much since you respawn in 15 seconds.  I think that is stat padding but nobody says shit about that.
ArMaG3dD0n
Killing people on the carrier might be easy kills but it DOES help the team by reducing the enemies tickets by 1 for every kill you get + you prevent their aircraft from killing your guys. It might be considered as lame but stat padding is totally different.
ProDicTeD
+2|6778
lol people, what this guy does is statpadding.

It's not the same as bombing another team on a ship. This is stadpadding by the books. This guy should stop now or get a stats reset.

It's as simple as that.

btw: Ranking system SUCKS! Only statpadders, tank whores, assault n00bs and no real fun in the game
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

I have read the rules.....and fuck the EA gay ass rules.  Everyone bitching about hopping and noob tubing.  How about get rid of the jets also.  I will take a bunny hopping noob tuber over a jet anyday.  Why?  Cause he is on the ground, not playing flight sim or Lock-On.  So, you are right, according to the rules he is sta-padding, but since I don't agree with that lame shit, I don't think he is padding anymore than anyone else in other situations.
ArMaG3dD0n
The point of any Battlefield game is to have vehicles that are stronger than normal infantry.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Yes, but maybe have the proper weapons to fend off these invincible vehicles.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

RandomZer0 wrote:

That is stats padding.  Plain and simple.
This states a real problem with the BF2 community, see that this is stat padding.  Couldn't be further from the truth. 
It's simple game mechanics.  Spec ops blows opposing commander's assets.  He naturally drops a supply crate to repair. (From the comfort of the Carrier) Now he could spawn as Engineer and take care of the problem first hand, and defend his assets, that's his decision. Then supply box repairs damages assets, spec ops gets resupply, rinse and repeat. THAT IS NOT STAT PADDING! And neither is the shock paddling on the island either, that's just skill! I can't do it but there is video surveillance that it is possible.

Please feel free to discuss this further if you share my opinion or not.

sniper2191 wrote:

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

I prefer to Get tons of shock paddle kills on the US spawn island with my friend, good time good times...
http://media.putfile.com/NoBullets
lol talk about stat padding
As I said above, you are completely wrong, and I don't think you really had a full thought process when you posted that. This is a BATTLEFIELD, meaning kill or be killed. Simple. 

pokerplaya wrote:

abusing game exploits or glitches is cheating.by definition allowing tha arty to repair b4 blowing it helps the enemy.you are sailing close to the wind.it is almost (or could be construed as)collusion
No exploit, or glitching. Big words but nothing can be concluded that all that oppose these TACTICS are something you guys must not feel comfortable in doing because either:
A. You cant do it.
B. Think you are "exploiting or glitching" and are short-changing your selves from enjoying all of the endless possibilities in carrying out a simulated military mission.
C. Only think is one way to skin a cat.

I think as a whole the BF2 community needs to have EA setup a map that is a training ground, where it gives you, the new buck Private, a lesson in military tactics and scenarios. 

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

If i understood what sniper was trying to explain right then it s definately statpadding.
Why??

Explanation:
Because he s trying to blow up the artillery WITHOUT hurting the supply crate. The artillery will automatically be repaired again and he ll blow it up. He would repeat that several times until he s getting bored. This does NOT help your team and is like all the other ways of statpadding only a cheap way to get some points without actually helping your team or doing sth. useful. The right thing to do would be to destroy the arty + the crate completely and MAYBE to wait if the commander drops another crate again to keep the arty from getting repaired.
You are the winner of this post, though. " This does NOT help your team and is like all the other ways of stat padding only a cheap way to get some points without actually helping your team or doing sth."

NOT Helping your team?! WTFM? How is not taking out an Artillery Battery, that could rain down 120mm shells that have a blast radius of over 50 m and killing everything in its target range, "NOT HELPING YOUR TEAM."
Get a grip.  I know most of the players have never been in any military, to understand my opinion, but please try to be open minded and gain some BALLS!
ArMaG3dD0n
They say they will improve AA with the next patch .........
ArMaG3dD0n
I hope your whole post is meant ironic there is no way you could say the spec-ops-blow-up-arty-letting-it-be-repaired-and-blow-up-again-"tactic" isnt statpadding. If you do you have:
A: not read my post
B: not understood my post
C: I didnt understand that ur post is just meant ironic.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

NOT Helping your team?! WTFM? How is not taking out an Artillery Battery, that could rain down 120mm shells that have a blast radius of over 50 m and killing everything in its target range, "NOT HELPING YOUR TEAM."
If you re serious about that you have NOT read my post AT ALL. Please do so before posting "crap"....

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-02-09 09:02:29)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

D.  Read it, understand it, (same with EA) don't agree, and don't buy the reasons why.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

THAT IS NOT STAT PADDING! And neither is the shock paddling on the island either, that's just skill! I can't do it but there is video surveillance that it is possible.
I hope your whole post is meant ironic there is no way you could say the spec-ops-blow-up-arty-letting-it-be-repaired-and-blow-up-again-"tactic" isnt statpadding. If you do you have:
A: not read my post
B: not understood my post
C: I didnt understand that ur post is just meant ironic.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

If you re serious about that you have NOT read my post AT ALL. Please do so before posting "crap"....
Right back at you ArMaG3dD0n! I was thinking the same thing! This is HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED! No I wasn't being ironic, I was hoping you were, but I guess not. It's the natural flow of the game. "Adapt and Overcome" that's something every US Marine is taught, and if you don't, well.... you get run over and killed, or you simply whining and complain that this is stat padding. Couldn't be further from the truth.  Ill PM IndianScout, and get a ruling on the Rules of Engagement regarding this issue. OK?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

usmarine2005 wrote:

D.  Read it, understand it, (same with EA) don't agree, and don't buy the reasons why.
Huh? What are you s-a-y-i-n-g  Marine?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard