#529%29% - 157
#612%12% - 67
#73%3% - 20
#810%10% - 54
Total: 533
Australia*|AAC|*
+2|6773
Four FTW,

and lets face it everyone else 1,2,3,6,7,8 you should all unite behind 4 to ensure that 5 doesnt win!
FN1HookEm
+1|6601|DFW Texas
Personally I like #7. Its well done and has that BF2 ribbon feel to it. Good luck to all the creators for they are all well done....
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

I like 6
Dragonclaw
+186|6306|Florida
#5 Fo Life!
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

I seriously dont think 5 would work as a website, anyone agree with me?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
looks like #1 aint doing so hot.. shame
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN
I gave #1 a bump...we are not out of this yet...well maybe we are.

Last edited by LividBovine (2007-12-16 20:09:43)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
but the idea is to give the site a different look for the festive period not just a decorated one, imo.
but i guess the votes will decide the look.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

usmarine2005 wrote:

#1.  Do it now.  #1
DeathIsYou
:D
+9|5978|UK - England

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Didn't think twice about not voting for 2 and 3, 'Happy Holidays'? Since when has the biggest event around this time of year been the holiday FOR Christmas and new year?
Don't get me wrong, I like them all, just Americanisms like that grate my nerves.

Voted 4
Some people might have written 'Happy Holidays' BECAUSE of foregniers (sorry to call you this ). If you would have written 'Happy Christmas' then people would have said, "Hey! You should of written 'Happy Holidays' to be universal!".
Lai
+186|6151
1 vote as 1 for 1

And I bet 1 would be a lot more popular if this wasn't a 90% guy (and a 100% war fanatics) forum
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
What's with all the 5-hype ??? It is the 3rd worst looking of them all

tbh this:
https://static.bf2s.com/misc/bf2s-xmas-contest/thumbs/06.2.jpg
is FAR better looking than all the others..

Last edited by FloppY_ (2007-12-17 02:05:15)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

*I r screwed, I needs to know who owns design 5*
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma

DeathIsYou wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Didn't think twice about not voting for 2 and 3, 'Happy Holidays'? Since when has the biggest event around this time of year been the holiday FOR Christmas and new year?
Don't get me wrong, I like them all, just Americanisms like that grate my nerves.

Voted 4
Some people might have written 'Happy Holidays' BECAUSE of foregniers (sorry to call you this ). If you would have written 'Happy Christmas' then people would have said, "Hey! You should of written 'Happy Holidays' to be universal!".
I am as much a foreigner as you are, you think this attitude could be form anyone BUT an Englishman?
But tbh, the festival around this time of year IS Christmas, read the thread title, "Xmas Contest Voting".
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6759|Denmark

Bernadictus wrote:

*I r screwed, I needs to know who owns design 5*
you need to look for a person who discovered the magic of "brushes"... one "custom" brush to do the smudging or scraped metal or what it is (and maybe a filter to make it look "artistic"..) and then another brush for the "branches" and then some random colors for the lights.

I could name 1-3 possible suspects...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Pass me the names through the PM system, I'll take them out one at the time.
FloppY_
­
Seriously,, if 5 wins i won't return to BF2s before we are back to good old NICE LOOKING bf2s

Damn that 5 is ugly,,, looks like something I could have made
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

Z-trooper wrote:

one "custom" brush to do the smudging or scraped metal or what it is
When I saw the effect, it reminded me of frost on a window ... I'm thinking that was his intent.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6685|West Yorkshire, U.K
This is fixed!
Defiance
+438|6671

Downloaded the 8 images, homepage htm and css file.

Substituted all the background images to see how they would actually look.

Guess what! 5 wins! It looks magnificent.

Yes, it's just plain brushes but it's a good simple look and apparently people like it.

Edit: What's being overlooked is: 1,4,6,7 and mildly 8 all cause problems reading the homepage. Most of that mirrors to the banner.

Last edited by Defiance (2007-12-17 06:11:33)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
I like #5 the best.
The ice flower effect looks nice and the colored chain adds a nice Christmas touch, while the BF2s logo is mainly untouched.

#3 would be my runner-up.
FloppY_
­
Ohh well,, i guess there will be no more BF2s for me untill new-year.... can't stand that ugly #5
Defiance
+438|6671

FloppY_ wrote:

Ohh well,, i guess there will be no more BF2s for me untill new-year.... can't stand that ugly #5
What a pointless protest, you don't have to look at the banner constantly.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6733|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zimmer wrote:

5 is disgusting. It's just a giant mess. It isn't designer friendly, the effects are just shit and the decoration is not nice at all.

It's between 6 and 8 - for the best graphically and aesthetically.
Meh, I dunno. I think 8 should win. It's subtle, its simple and its the contrasting colour of orange. Not a bad shot.

Just try and picture number 5 as a webpage. Nu uh, wont suit and would look awful. Since when have you seen a webpage with splashes and rough edges and bad brush strokes all over the thing? Ew.
QFT.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
FloppY_
­

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

5 is disgusting. It's just a giant mess. It isn't designer friendly, the effects are just shit and the decoration is not nice at all.

It's between 6 and 8 - for the best graphically and aesthetically.
Meh, I dunno. I think 8 should win. It's subtle, its simple and its the contrasting colour of orange. Not a bad shot.

Just try and picture number 5 as a webpage. Nu uh, wont suit and would look awful. Since when have you seen a webpage with splashes and rough edges and bad brush strokes all over the thing? Ew.
QFT.
QFT x 2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard