Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
So. I got up to go home friday night from my normal gaming session. I get to the bike, start moving, and find that it's not quite right. I look down, check the tire, it's flat.
I try and pump it up to see what the speed of leak is, and the valve doesen't fit. Fucking thing's a presta valve, pump's schrader.
So, I turn around and lug the bike back and lock it up again, leaving the valve cap behind, and stay the night at my friend's.

Come the morning, I patch what I think is the hole, and yank a big thorn out the tire. Fiddle with pump, get nowhere, drag wheel down to bike shop to pump it up, buy adaptor for pump.
Go out to go home later, tire flat again. Give up, get lift home with bike, stick it in the garage.

A few hours later, I do some research on valves and pumps and the like on wikipedia. Hit by a thought, and dismantle the pump a little further, and find it flips over to the other valve type like I thought.

I wasted HOW much time before I discovered that?

So, now I have to either re-patch the tire or get a new tube. Likely just repatch so I can get into town to buy said tube.

When I find that bush that thorned me, I am going to set it alight.
And the tree in the front garden that caused me to whack my head on the pedal while carrying the bike frame upside down? It's my new years resolution to snip that fucking thing so it no longer catches me.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522
thanks that made my day
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

owned
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6408|Somersetshire
"lol"

*hug* there there
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
Ill do what everyone else is doing...

"Destroyed"
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
I like you Skorpy-chan. You've got moxy.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-12-15 20:44:31)

xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6343|California
Ahahahaha, now when you actually find that bush, and set it alight, you will hit one of its thorns on the way away from it and go through this whooolle process again.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

Superior Mind wrote:

I like you Skorpy-chan. You've got moxy.
heh...moxy.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5984|Perth, Australia
Aren't bikes great.
My bike is my only form of transportation and it's had a slow leak in it for about 3 months now. I'm too lazy to patch it so i keep re-inflating it every week which sucks because the garage at the end of my street closed down. I suppose i should just fix it but i can't be assed.

And just patch the current tube. No point in buying a new one. My current front tube has 5 patches and a leak. I aint going to be buying a new tube.

Rod
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA

Rod Foxx wrote:

Aren't bikes great.
My bike is my only form of transportation and it's had a slow leak in it for about 3 months now. I'm too lazy to patch it so i keep re-inflating it every week which sucks because the garage at the end of my street closed down. I suppose i should just fix it but i can't be assed.

And just patch the current tube. No point in buying a new one. My current front tube has 5 patches and a leak. I aint going to be buying a new tube.

Rod
maybe you could make a tube out of patches
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

Aren't bikes great.

Rod
maybe you could make a internet out of tubes
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
thats a pisser man, get tubeless tires ftb

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

Aren't bikes great.

Rod
4Q'n lol
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649
Lol, sounds like your blessed with the same curse as my twin. No matter how many times he replaces his tire or the tubing inside it always fucking bursts. He even replaced the entire wheel and 2 weeks later......POP.

Good luck to you sir.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

Welcome to the Bad Luck-Club. You have aquired a silver membership!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6372|Netherlands tbh
Ahahahah
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
You certainly proved that. It should be: "Dear haters: You win. I'm a bloody idiot."
LiGaLiZe
k?
+82|6119|sweden

cablecopulate wrote:

You certainly proved that. It should be: "Dear haters: You win. I'm a bloody idiot."
Hes right. I DONNO LOL
TuataraDude
+115|6523|Aotearoa

Skorpy-chan wrote:

When I find that bush that thorned me, I am going to set it alight.
Beware the burning bush

Skorpy-chan wrote:

And the tree in the front garden that caused me to whack my head on the pedal while carrying the bike frame upside down? It's my new years resolution to snip that fucking thing so it no longer catches me.
I wouldn't mess with that, it's special branch, they have some mean people working for them.

Bad luck though.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

too many "i had a bad day" threads...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK

cablecopulate wrote:

Oh god, I only just noticed that.

Anyway, I don't trust patches. I'm going to get a new tube tomorrow and fit it, keeping the holed one as a spare to patch as needed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard