usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

So after reaching level 55, I made a new account.  I then decided to try hardcore mode.  This mode is the best IMO.  Only time your HUD comes up is when there is a UAV scan.  I love the fact that you cannot see the enemy on the HUD every time he shoots.  Add in no kill cam and you have a winner.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Yeah its pretty good, however it does make using silencers pointless. Which is a plus for me as I don't use them anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

Hardcore is the only thing I play...
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

hardcore kicks ass
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6306|Oregon
I quite love Hardcore.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
HC fails in one thing, one shot one kill.
Riddicker
+40|6520|Germany - Bavaria
First time i played on a hardcore server i searched my crosshair! When i asked everybody laughed. I dont like it that much. cant hit my enemies without it.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Yeah its pretty good, however it does make using silencers pointless. Which is a plus for me as I don't use them anyway.
Sound spotting? If I hear a gunshot I will investigate and find out whether it was a friend or foe.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6383|Belgium

Riddicker wrote:

First time i played on a hardcore server i searched my crosshair! When i asked everybody laughed. I dont like it that much. cant hit my enemies without it.
Ever considered using ironsights? [/facedesk]
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Riddicker wrote:

Ever considered using ironsights? [/facedesk]
Even in softcore crosshairs are useless, unless you plan on spraying and praying, always use sights.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6659|"The Empire"
Hardcore + Search & Destroy + FF ON is the only way to play this game. Some of the servers i have started playing on also do not allow air strikes or attack helicopters at the begining of the round when you spawn, if you do you get kicked.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

I don't care much for the lack of crosshairs, mad skills over the years have given my power to pinpoint the center of the screen provided a game is running.
Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States
I want to rank up to 55 before I start playing other modes frequently
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|5970|UK

TheAussieReaper wrote:

No it doesnt
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6494|the Netherlands
i used to play MoH Pacific Assault  on HC mode ... now that was HARDCORE ! ... no sight /healthbar map etc.. OOOOHAAAA

goodluck with CoD4 ya all
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6374|Alberta, Canada

TheAussieReaper wrote:

What about when they use a UAV?
Fire while it's active and you'll show up.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6709

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Um....  No.  When UAV is up, your shots show up, and silenced weapons dont give your position way via sound.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

Sigarms357 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Um....  No.  When UAV is up, your shots show up, and silenced weapons dont give your position way via sound.
uav still sees you, silenced or not.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6709

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Some of the servers i have started playing on also do not allow air strikes or attack helicopters at the begining of the round when you spawn, if you do you get kicked.
Thats just stupid.  You should pat attention to scores to know when one is coming, get out of spawn right away, and avoid it.  I
It isnt that hard to not die in spawn attacks... I can avoid 80% of the strikes merely by using my head.  And if I die, darn, I got a ton of other rounds in the map cycle to return the favor. 

People who complain and have such a rule are a bunch of noob, no talent, whiners who cant get 5+ kill streaks.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6709

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Sigarms357 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

uav still sees you, silenced or not.
UAV block was implicit in my statement.  Dont go anywhere on hardcore s&D without it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Hardcore + Search & Destroy + FF ON is the only way to play this game. Some of the servers i have started playing on also do not allow air strikes or attack helicopters at the begining of the round when you spawn, if you do you get kicked.
I still ain't ready for FF on.  I like to toss nades around for no reason other than random kills.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-12-14 09:54:53)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

I still ain't ready for FF on.  I like to toss nades around for no reason other than random kills.
What a noob.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

What a noob.
Qft. He don't know shit about a firefight
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6659|"The Empire"

Sigarms357 wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Some of the servers i have started playing on also do not allow air strikes or attack helicopters at the begining of the round when you spawn, if you do you get kicked.
Thats just stupid.  You should pat attention to scores to know when one is coming, get out of spawn right away, and avoid it.  I
It isnt that hard to not die in spawn attacks... I can avoid 80% of the strikes merely by using my head.  And if I die, darn, I got a ton of other rounds in the map cycle to return the favor. 

People like me who think they are so leet, but really im a noob, with no talent, and i cant even get 5+ kill streaks.
Here i fixed your last sentance for you.
Safinar
Pushes ppl off the carrier
+3|6134|UK
I'm very glad that the first cod4 server I joined when i bought the game was hardcore. It let me play in the best way the game could be played from the very beginning. I played once on non-hardcore, it was pathetic, I was just as good, but the fact that you need at least 30 bulletz to kill someone got annoying, plus the gay perm radar and crosshairs

Its good that most servers are starting to run hardcore now, hardcore was kinda rare at first.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard