Sgt.Gene
+215|6769
Took a friend to walmart today to buy some games and comp shit. For the first time in my life I actually heard people not buying stuff because it wasnt made in America.

Back in the electronics section I heard a guy bitching about a radio not being made in America and he refused to buy it. Then I was checking out and there were 2 ladies in line behind me and they were putting a bunch of stuff back. One of the ladies said " We cant buy this shit it wasnt made in the USA." Then they started to talk about the USA being outsourced and how wrong it is that union workers are having their jobs shipped overseas.
Reciprocity
+721|6586|the dank(super) side of Oregon
every trip to Walmart is interesting.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6712|67.222.138.85
One of the few instances where patriotism wins over capitalism, good on them.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6841|Kubra, Damn it!

They're about 40 years too late to start complaining about manufacturing jobs being sent overseas. My family has always looked for products made in the USA. I don't base my purchases solely on that, but definitely keep it in mind while comparing options.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6342
old people most likely don't buy things unless they were made in the USA.

when i worked at sears this guy refused to by any thing that wasn't made in the US. He had to see on everything before we put it on his car to make sure it said MADE IN USA. he said he doesn't trust any one making his stuff. lol the guy putting the stuff on his car was Mexican too
Reciprocity
i would have bought an American car, but they're all shit.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6574|Mountains of NC

yeah we have a retail store and I get the occasion person coming in looking for american made

I just tell them ' Good luck "

every time I hear that line I think of this - Doc Brown (1955) and Marty are standing next to the delorean ( in the cave ) and Doc is looking at a part and he says " Heres the problem, its made in china " ... Marty leans in and says " All the good stuff's made in china "
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
chittydog
less busy
+586|6841|Kubra, Damn it!

Reciprocity wrote:

They've actually gotten a lot better. Look at this: Ford beats Toyota in quality rankings
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
I'm looking for unleaded toys for my nephew and nieces... lol
Love is the answer
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6444|King Of The Islands

SEREMAKER wrote:

yeah we have a retail store and I get the occasion person coming in looking for american made

I just tell them ' Good luck "

every time I hear that line I think of this - Doc Brown (1955) and Marty are standing next to the delorean ( in the cave ) and Doc is looking at a part and he says " Heres the problem, its made in china " ... Marty leans in and says " All the good stuff's made in china "
Made in Japan.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6519|Kickapoo

chittydog wrote:

They've actually gotten a lot better. Look at this: Ford beats Toyota in quality rankings
Nice, I'm going to poach this for another thread.  Thx
Reciprocity

chittydog wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

that's initial quality.  doesn't really mean much.  in 1998, ford tied with Toyota and honda in initial quality.  go to your nearest used car dealership and ask for a 98 taurus, 98 accord and 98 camry.  if you can find the taurus, i guarantee the initial quality has worn off.

but to be fair, the new CTS is a superb car.  the 300c and mustang are pretty good as well.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

Reciprocity wrote:

so true
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6596|Reisterstown, MD

I really hate Walmart.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6203|Winland

No matter what you buy, there'll always be some part nade in either germany, china or taiwan.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6480|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
A few of the specialized lenses where i work are made in the USA, they are good ones too so at least we are helping lol
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Took a friend to walmart today to buy some games and comp shit. For the first time in my life I actually heard people not buying stuff because it wasnt made in America.

Back in the electronics section I heard a guy bitching about a radio not being made in America and he refused to buy it. Then I was checking out and there were 2 ladies in line behind me and they were putting a bunch of stuff back. One of the ladies said " We cant buy this shit it wasnt made in the USA." Then they started to talk about the USA being outsourced and how wrong it is that union workers are having their jobs shipped overseas.
I hate people like that. Look, I really don't give a shit that you're not buying it, so don't make a big scene about it. Nobody gives a fuck that you're not buying it because it isn't made in your country.
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6675|Up North
But apart from PC stuff, the most things are actually way better quality n shit, in EU, and Asia..
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6532|Milkystania, yurop
ive bought $ a few years ago that i then sold and made a nice profit from

i have also bought beef jerky , and some hollywood moives
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6625|Manitowoc, WI

Magpie wrote:

ive bought $ a few years ago that i then sold and made a nice profit from

i have also bought beef jerky , and some hollywood moives
You bought...money?
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6584|Columbus, OH
I have a friend who lives in Kentucky; he warned me never go to a Walmart in KY. At first, I was like "yah, yah what ever....people exaggerate"
One day I made a fateful stop. Everything was cool until I got to the check-out. There was one cashier working and her line was getting backed up while her co-worker was louging around chatting with her friends. Well the cashier got pissed cause she was doing all of the work and directed half of the customers to her co-worker. So the coworker, who was louging around, got pissed and started yelling at her and talking ghetto.
I was kinda next to get rung up from my purchase and they both started shoving each other....I was like "WOW is this really happening!"
There was no managers to stop the girls fighting, someone behind me started whooooing the girls like they do in a Jerry Springer talk show.
I started to grow impatient, then they wanted to fight outside of the Walmart.  Fuck me, all I wanted was to by batteries you dumb broads.....Scott (my friend) was right, never go to a Walmart in KY. I guess they simmered down and stop the smack talk but the next day I told Scott what happen; he laughed and told me so. That was my Walmart experince
jaymz9350
+54|6583

Reciprocity wrote:

i only have 1 american car, but they are both made in the USA. funny the Japanese car is only made 10 miles away.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6649

Reciprocity wrote:

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6744|The Hague, Netherlands

the only thing I've ever seen with Walmart was a southpark episode....

a good thing?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6138|Scotland!
I do it when buying food from supermarkets, when buying crisps or biscuits etc I look for stuff made by smaller Scottish companies, sometimes you find something really great and help give more local businesses a boost.

For bigger purchases I'll go for whatever's a good deal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard