extender
+3|6006
Can someone recommend me a good mouse sens for the sniping? right now it's impossible to aim with my current sens.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6431|Somersetshire
my sens is something like 3-4?? and i snipe fine, not the best but i do good enough lol
FunKYPenGuin
FunKY Member
+19|6007|Sydney
Sensitivity right? I have no freaking idea what mine is, but would love to know what best sensitivity is, so I can change it
sithao
+63|6649|Los Angeles, California
lol, Using someone else's sensitivity is useless. You have to mess around with the sensitivity and see what best fits you. Otherwise just set it the the max sensitivity and kill your enemy's instantly.

Last edited by sithao (2007-12-12 00:23:22)

Treecamel
Bam!
+6|6012|San Diego
A little tip:
Figure out how far you'd like to be able to move your cross hair with one pad length, like moving your mouse entirely left or right across the mouse pad.  It also depends on the kind of sniping you like to do.  For mid-range sniping, ie. Karkand, you probably want to be able to move your cross hair pretty quickly since your targets are going to be in and out of your sights quickly.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6431|Somersetshire
i advise putting it up ever now and then once your used to it on high you can move quicker the get the kills

Last edited by Tehremos (2007-12-12 00:28:56)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6704|Disaster Free Zone
lol. No one can tell you what a good sensitivity is, its just what feels right for you.

A different mouse can make a huge difference and it also depends on what type of sniping you want to do. For long range shots you want a low sensitivity because you'll need to make precise 1 pixel adjustments while medium or close range sniping you don't need that kind of accuracy, but you will require speed as the targets will be moving faster.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6244|Finland
Your sensitivity is yours!
Dont use other people im using 0.8 or 1.0 if i remember correctly, use the one you feel best with.
Moist.Niek
+11|6007
for pro hs aim.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6721

You should get a feel yourself, and you tell US the best sensitivity. Meaning that everyone is different.
Barrakuda777
+86|6759|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
default has never steered me wrong

Kooda
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6701|Middle of nowhere
i use 1.5
Shakez
+39|6193
I use 0.6
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6486|A W S M F O X

Barrakuda777 wrote:

default has never steered me wrong

Kooda
From dragshots to long range ive alway used default, and never had problems prawning.
JG1567JG
+110|6611|United States of America
I leave mine at default settings and if need be I will lower the DPI (Dots Per Inch) settings on the mouse on the fly.   Usually I don't change the DPI settings for sniping or anything except vehicles I will raise them up to about 1200-1600.  I usually play infantry on 600-800.  Like some have said already: You can't use someone Else's settings.  You have to use what ever feels comfortable to you.   

If when you move your mouse, and everything is all jumpy and fast then you need to either lower you sensitivity or you DPI settings.  Sensitivity can be adjusted within BF2 or in the windows mouse and keyboard settings.  To change the DPI of you mouse I think the mouse has to be capable of changing.  I use the G5 as of right now but I just recently sent back to newegg, after 4 months, my Razer(sp) Copperhead for replacement since the right mouse button quit working.  Newegg is replacing it after 4 months of use.  God I love that website/business.  Anyway on the Copperhead you could adjust the DPI settings and the sensitivity on the fly.  You could only adjust the DPI settings by 400's and the sensitivity by 1/2's from 1 to 10.  I am undecided as to which mouse I like better, the Logitech G5 or the Razer Copperhead.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6755|St. Andrews / Oslo

I use 1.4 with lowest possible mouse sence without using Logitech Set Point
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6171|San Antonio, Texas

sithao wrote:

lol, Using someone else's sensitivity is useless. You have to mess around with the sensitivity and see what best fits you. Otherwise just set it the the max sensitivity and kill your enemy's instantly.
Well, if you set it too sensitive, won't it be impossible to zone in on enemy's ripe melons?
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6519|UK , Birmingham
i use 0.1 sense ingame 1000 DPI with a LARGE mousemat
Moist.Niek
+11|6007
omg that you still can move!
Dibbie
+13|6022
I use 0.3 on general settings and 400dpi on my mouse. The further away you are the slower and more accurate you need to be. If im up close i change it to 800dpi.

Razer exactmat too
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6244|Finland
indeed default is the best , thoth i tested litle bit slower i think... still pwning
N1nj4.$haoRaa
+41|6261|israel
ok

its goes something like this..

the lower your sens - the better your aim, and lineup will be smoth and sharp

the higher your sens - the faster your response time...

so you need to balance those 2 to your comfort, i recommend 0.7 in-game (on 400 DPI) - or, 0.4 in-game (800 DPI)

the best sniper in the world use 0.1 sens, so do the math

Last edited by N1nj4.$haoRaa (2007-12-12 17:29:38)

iMPaCT.uK
+72|6519|UK , Birmingham
there is no THIS SENSE WILL MAKE YOU PRO. all players use different sense. ill use CSS for example some of the best AWPr's in the world use 0.6 zoom sense and others use 3.0 and there still both amazing. So its down to what you like, its not set in stone
Barrakuda777
+86|6759|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

N1nj4.$haoRaa wrote:

ok

the best sniper in the world use 0.1 sens, so do the math
Really, who would that be? Im sure there have been a number of discussions about "the best" and they all ended at a conclusive, cant say....

On topic, i would recommend you experiment with what you feel comfortable.

Kooda
TravisC555
+118|6242|Cox Convention Center, OK

JG1567JG wrote:

I am undecided as to which mouse I like better, the Logitech G5 or the Razer Copperhead.
The Logitech G7 comes with a program where you can change the 3 DPI settings to anything you want, don't know if the G5 or the Copperhead have that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard