Brasso
+1,549|6600

Critical Reading: 66 (98%)
Mathematics: 60 (91%)
Writing Skills: 66 (98%)
Selection Index: 192
Percentile: 94

Are these good?  It says I didn't make the NMSC requirements.  Anyone know them?  And what each score comes out to be in a regular percentile grade?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States
That's not good at all.  Well, I didn't take the PSAT's.  The regular SAT I has a total of 2400 points.  And you scored 192 on this test.

There could be a different grading system.

But by looking at the percentages, and assuming thats the percentage you assured correctly, then you did very well.

Go to www.collegeboard.com for more information and practice tests.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2007-12-11 16:40:33)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

Checked that, but thanks anyway.  I heard that adding a 0 at the end of the selection index score makes it about equal.  Is 1920 pretty good then?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
fuck, i dont get mine back for a while

whatd u make on the writing test?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
PSAT is out of 240 points, yeah just stick a 0 on the end and it's the same scale as the SAT. (completely different tests though)

National Merit is I think the top .5% scores, or maybe .1%. It changes depending on where you are, but around here it's 215-220.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
Oh you lucky fuck! My math is so bad i have to study but i'm too busy playing tf2! Fuck what am i supposed to do?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!

David.P wrote:

Oh you lucky fuck! My math is so bad i have to study but i'm too busy playing tf2! Fuck what am i supposed to do?
Play more tf2. That'll make the parents proud.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6748|Long Island
your really lucky, i did amazing on the math and pretty good in writing but mad shitty on the reading.  lets just say i need to read more.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6335|California

David.P wrote:

Get a life!!!!!!!!
Then play TF2 once you fail at life cause you know you do.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Dammit, I'm getting my PSAT scores tomorrow or Thursday (depends on how long the USPS takes to deliver mail from a school that's 15 minutes away from my house).

Not too worried; my school's college guidance counselors don't send our PSATs to colleges.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Hurricane wrote:

Dammit, I'm getting my PSAT scores tomorrow or Thursday (depends on how long the USPS takes to deliver mail from a school that's 15 minutes away from my house).

Not too worried; my school's college guidance counselors don't send our PSATs to colleges.
You should send them in, as long as they're decent they can do nothing but help. (get you into competitive colleges, scholarships, etc.
aimless
+166|6095|Texas
I scored a 1240 (math and reading) and still managed to get into a good college with a small scholarship , don't worry about it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
When did you take the test? I took mine on the 17th of October and haven't got the scores back.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2007-12-11 17:40:01)

Hurricane
Banned

nukchebi0 wrote:

When did you take the test? I took mine on the 17th of October and haven't got the scores back.
That's when I took mine I think, or around then. My school's college department received the scores, they mailed them today.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6615|Ohio
I took it last year. Cant remember what I got, but I made National Merit Semifinalist.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
I should check in.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA
the minimum selection index is a 197. I know this because it is what I scored a few years ago when I took it, and I had the 'pleasure' of knowing I had qualified. I will say, however, that a 197 will not get you anything other than the opportunity to say you were a NMSQT "semi-finalist" or whatever the term is. You will not get far into actual scholarships unless you score well into the 200's. A further bit of bad news is that I did worse on the SAT the first time i took it (i ended up taking it 3 times, and the ACT once) than i did on the PSAT. Some of my friends were the same, but some scored higher. It's different for each of us....

But great job on your score. It's higher than most get.

PS-- I think the ACT is easier (there's no guess penalty, for starters), and I scored proportionately higher on it.

EDIT: You do, in fact, add a zero onto the selection index to find your adjusted score on a 2400 scale. Another thing-- always, whether it's SAT or ACT, take the Writing Portion. Some colleges don't require it, but many do. Why take the chance??

Last edited by R0lyP0ly (2007-12-11 17:47:54)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA
a 1260 ain't bad, either. I ended up with a 1300 [Math + Verbal] (I was never as good as my friends at taking standardized tests), and thats worked well for me thus far in the college search. Make sure you do well on Advanced Placement (AP) / Int'l Bacclaurate (IB) tests, or take SAT Subject Tests to a) test out of those boring, 300+ people freshman classes and b)strengthen your overall class vitae and c)subconciously compare yourself to your friends' scores, and mentally ridicule them accordingly.

EDIT: Clarification

Last edited by R0lyP0ly (2007-12-11 17:53:14)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA
my PSAT scores last year were :65, 61, 65. 191.

my first sat:

(1940)
my second:
(2120)
and thats where i stopped

the PSAT is a decent indicator but its really only that. and dont worry about NMSQT. its a bunch of work for nothing.
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6723|Florida, United States

Hurricane wrote:

same here. I found the language arts portion the most difficult. They included word i've never seen in my life before. I guess that what BF2s does to you after two years of "purfuct gramer", cdog, and supah.

I <3 Bf2s, when i grow up, i wanna be just like chuy
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6281
PSAT mean nothing, i got a 1600ish with all 3 combined, was freaking out got a tutor scored a 1980 on my first and only SAT. That test mean crap because my best class in history and science both are not on it. The test is sort of learning a method and perfecting it, it really isn't a strong indicator of anything, IMO. A lot of college are actually looking to do away with it, or caring about it less and less.
Hurricane
Banned

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

same here. I found the language arts portion the most difficult. They included word i've never seen in my life before. I guess that what BF2s does to you after two years of "purfuct gramer", cdog, and supah.

I thought some of the math stuff was hard, but I'm not in the higher-up math classes
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!

Hurricane wrote:

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

I thought some of the math stuff was hard, but I'm not in the higher-up math classes
what grade u in? Im taking Algebra 2 this year.

Currently in ninth though, so i was wondering, if im ever stump can i come to you for help?
Hurricane
Banned

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Currently in ninth though, so i was wondering, if im ever stump can i come to you for help?
I'm a Junior in Geometry. I didn't give a shit in middle school so they put me on the slow track. But hey, I ace almost every test.

Yeah I guess you can. I hate word problems though

edit: Already taken algebra 2

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-12-11 19:08:13)

Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!

Hurricane wrote:

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

I'm a Junior in Geometry. I didn't give a shit in middle school so they put me on the slow track. But hey, I ace almost every test.

Yeah I guess you can. I hate word problems though

edit: Already taken algebra 2
kk cool, i took geometry last year but i forgot most of it. I hated all of those conjectures and CPCTC or whatever that was.
I still have some of the work though, so if u want tell me what book u guys are using, we might have used the same ones

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard