Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6692|The Ville
In karkand I like to hide back in the Usmc base. (Of course when I'm Usmc lol) There's a single ground defense gun that I like to hide by or on in certain situations.
Belx
+4|6676|New York, New York
I usually go in a bunker, as an engineer just in case a spec ops sneaks in and blows up my assets. 

If that area is under fire, I go right near the out of bounds, where no enemies usually go.

Last edited by Belx (2006-02-07 18:33:10)

Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6710|atlanta

CANADIAN_rocker wrote:

i just hide in my closet
not that there is anything wrong with that...
OpsChief
+101|6674|Southern California
What? give away trade secrets? ha!

First, Stryyker, let's get the terminology straight    a Commander doesn't "hide" (well ok some do but that's for another thread). Commanders 'position' themselves in a location that will best influence the battle. After the humor of the symantics wear off ponder the word 'influence'.

I never "hide" in the same place twice in a row and can't even remember the last time I decided to remain stationary for a whole game. Depending on the numbers, maps and air power I will place myself where I can best help the team and influence the outcome of battle. Sometimes I keep an eye on the strategic assets and/or vehicles/aircraft. I tried riding in a heli with an air assault squad*1, that worked great but isn't recommended unless you know the pilot and have Team Speak or something outside the BF2 VoIP with the whole squad. I have also tested command as a passenger in all the vehicles and as an atk helo or bomber gunner (NOT pilot), these work on smaller teams very well if you and your pilot understand priorities. For the commander and his driver, the team must come first.

*1  btw that was a genuine air assault squad not an airborne flag capping stat pad aircraft. We fought, flanked, capped, stole enemy vehicles, blew up tons of stuff and had a few cold ones, well, several cold ones.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6699
I hide in the nearest ground defense weapon. I'm not padding my ground defense stats dammit, I'm preparing to defend myself!
canadianmadcow1701
+0|6701
i like to snipe while i command, also a good time to sit inground defense and anti-air

Last edited by canadianmadcow1701 (2006-02-09 08:19:19)

Octavarium
+1|6708
Play as Spec Ops - plant C4 on a tank int the enemy base then hide UNDERNEATH it.

When the enemy takes the tank - good bye
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6750

Octavarium wrote:

Play as Spec Ops - plant C4 on a tank int the enemy base then hide UNDERNEATH it.

When the enemy takes the tank - good bye
When your teammate takes the tank - good bye, teamkill
Jonesville
+0|6664|Bayside Brisbane
It doesn't matter where you hide, i may not be good at much but i am good at finding commanders. If i am the commander i sometimes search out the other co and inform a squad of the location, when i'm not commanding i will sometimes ask where the red CO is.
You should get extra points for killing the commander.
AppeL
+0|6665
Sharqi: at the club house on that AA defense (MEC)
           TV Station stairs (C4 in the flagroom to blow up if it's overran) (USMC)

Shongua Stalemate: on the one artillery behind the base on the hill, there is a house nearby where u can hide in

karkand: mounted machine gun at mainbase (USMC)
              mounted machine gun at the bridge (gatehouse) (MEC)

or on carriers: essex (the one near the UAV, so the other one can be used by teammates)
luckybaer
+10|6772| Going Feral
I like to be a fighting commander.  I'll hop in a jeep or Humvee and cruise around.  I'll pop out and duck into some trees or hide behind a building to look at my commander's screen and drop supplies.  If I see the enemy trying to cap a flag and no one on my team is nearby, I'll take responsibility and try to defend the flag if I can - i.e. if it is one or two ground pounders as opposed to a tank or APC.

This works OK on large maps like Fu She Pass.  On other maps - Mashtuur, Karkand, Sharqi, etc., I find a nice place to hole up, or I don't play commander!
DSRTurtle
+56|6684
I found a couple of more good potential hiding spots on maps today.  I was trying something different and caught a sniper napping.  I think he was mad when I didn't get killed by his claymores he laid to protect his ass.  Helps when you see where he dropped them.    A little later I got I helo along with the satellite and UAV.
Cpt.KillerToy12
Be Very... Very Quite... We're Hunting Rabbits
+29|6654|U.S.A
I hide were nobody would think to look.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6707|th3 unkn0wn

stryyker wrote:

what is your favorite place to hide? i personally like to hide inside a jeep, but not actuallly IN it, ie not pressing E, just proning in the back, whats your favorite place?
Under a brick.
[pib]xenium
+0|6649|Netherlands

elite wrote:

i dont hide, i either go in a jeep, tow, or aa gun, rank up the hours on those
i'll go with that  and offcourse different kits but i prefer sniper or special forces love  to terminate enemy assets while being commander

Last edited by [pib]xenium (2006-02-10 19:57:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard