TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6863|-
It seems that BF2 will crash after I play it for a long period of time. It just crashes to desktop. No errors, no warning sounds, nothing. Aside from having the sandbags texture a little iffy in game there seems to be nothing wrong. Anyone know why my game could be crashing like this?
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6824|USA, IL
umm..... dont play for long periods of time seems to be the best solution....

(I'm going to change my PKM assin to Cpt. Obvious)

But seriously, how long it is usually?   Are we talking overnight or like after 2 hours?
Doyley
+1|6823|Australia
Mate, I have no idea, but it happens to me too. After a while the game just exits without any warning. Sorry I couldn't help you trigger.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6863|-
Extended periods of time refers to about 2 hours, maybe a little more. Is this something that commonly happens? Because if it is I can deal with that 'til a patch comes out, but if it's a problem with my PC I really need to know so I can do something to fix it.

No worries Doyley

What are your PC specs Doyley? Maybe it has to do with the hardware we are using.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6808|Oakland, CA
Thats never happened to me before. Maybe because i have a brand new computer, but im not sure.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6863|-

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Thats never happened to me before. Maybe because i have a brand new computer, but im not sure.
Well, mine is brand new too. Just built it on Tuesday.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6856|Missoula, MT
Trigger, it's happened to me too.  Not even two hours and all of a sudden, just as you describe.  It's like the game wasn't even running, was I really playing?  Kind of surreal.  Maybe the amazing fix-all patch will fix that too!
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6809|Canberra, Australia
Mine as well.  I am playing on a machine that doesn't have a heap of memory (512mb)

But sometimes I can play all night (4+ hours)  and other times it will stop after only 45 mins or something.  Restart BF2 and all Ok.  No idea why
Rakasan
+7|6852|California, USA
It happend to me a few times too.  For me, it means time to take a break.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6863|-

Rakasan wrote:

It happend to me a few times too.  For me, it means time to take a break.
Yeah, I pretty much just quit for a little while if it happens. Glad to know it happens to a lot of people and it's not a problem with my new PC.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6828
Hmm, maybe the game's cache is getting a little flooded... :S
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6823|Lake Constanze, Germany
@Trigger: PLZ m8, tell me what do u do that it lasts 2 hours....
I'd be so happy, when i could play 2 hours straight....
*boom --- CTD* HUH? WTF?! Why again? No error...... *whine*
It's Betafield 2, my friend!

Greetz,
Agent
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6853|A Small Isle in the Tropics

wow..i thot my game does that because of the pathetic notebook of mine (and it may still be partly that)..but yes, it just goes to desktop after a while, especially if i quit a server..but not very frequently
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6856|Cologne, Germany

yeah, I've had that happen once in a while. strangely enough, the PC doesn't lock up or anything, just goes to desktop. First I thought it was because I am using Win2000 and not XP, but it happens to my brother too and he has XP running.

don't know if it has s.th. to do with time played though. I've played for longer periods than 2 hours without a crash. probably some hardware issue than we don't know about yet.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6848
mine does it randomly.. but it's only happened like 3 times.
killer330
Green is bad!
+0|6828
same trigger its just the game it is unfortunate but every1 has it happen for me its random .... but ahh how the living hell do u play for 2+ hours? my eyes would bleed and i be sooooo sick of "enemy infantry spotted"
and "GRENADE"  so hey i guess it must be overload or something like that... go to the task manager and look at the space it takes up while playing its ungodly .... or rather mem usage....

Last edited by killer330 (2005-09-23 03:19:47)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6863|-

killer330 wrote:

same trigger its just the game it is unfortunate but every1 has it happen for me its random .... but ahh how the living hell do u play for 2+ hours? my eyes would bleed and i be sooooo sick of "enemy infantry spotted"
and "GRENADE"  so hey i guess it must be overload or something like that... go to the task manager and look at the space it takes up while playing its ungodly .... or rather mem usage....
I kinda don't even listen to radio calls much. Just tune it out after a while.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6848
Haha. you guys would think I'm crazy if I told you how much I play.
let's just say usually I start about 10 pm and end just before the sun comes up
I have evening college classes so I can do that
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6852|Finland
Maybe EA made some kind of contract with the Worlds health associations that it will automatically boot the game if you play too long, coz its bad for your health or something, right? Or maybe not
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6856|Missoula, MT
lol...good one.
pocketjazzy
+1|6823
-

Last edited by pocketjazzy (2011-06-13 17:24:56)

pocketjazzy
+1|6823
-

Last edited by pocketjazzy (2011-06-13 17:25:14)

LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6822
Yeah, it's the game, for shure. Haven't had a game-crash for quite some time now though, but be sure that I know what you guys are talking about
pocketjazzy
+1|6823
-

Last edited by pocketjazzy (2011-06-13 17:25:05)

Apocalypse416
The Sexiest Apocalypse
+55|6833
Happens to me too, but my computer will randomly restart. This doesnt really happen often at all, and I dont really care that it restarts (I still get my points) but it is a nuisance. I think its cuz my fans arent strong enough or something.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard