Mayweather VS. Hatton

Mayweather50%50% - 52
Hatton49%49% - 50
Total: 102
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

https://i2.tinypic.com/6xhelbk.jpg

Nobody should expect a re-enactment of the American Revolution but boxing fans who salute the Stars and Stripes, Union Jack and flags all over the world have reason to expect fireworks Dec. 8.

That's when pound-for-pound champ Floyd Mayweather of Grand Rapids, Mich. and England's Ricky Hatton will get it on in a 12-round battle of unbeaten welterweights.

Ricky Hatton wants a shot at Floyd Mayweather Jr., considered by many to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing. It looks like he might get his wish.

Floyd Mayweather Jr wrote:

Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. Hatton is the most overrated fighter of the last 25 years.
Mayweather said Tuesday he will come out of retirement to put Hatton in his place.

"I was retired but I'll sign to fight Hatton right now. I've tried to let the things he said about me slide by, but now he's 'dissing' me on national TV and I want to shut him up. I've never wanted to hurt an opponent like I do Hatton.

Hatton's one-punch knockout win Saturday night over Jose Luis Castillo to retain his world junior welterweight championship just might have been the breakthrough the British fighter needed to convince fans outside his native country that he is the real thing at 140 pounds.

Like Mayweather, Hatton is undefeated. Unlike Mayweather, he fights in a wild, all-out style that should prove popular as he continues his campaign in the United States.

"There was more action in the four rounds of this fight than Floyd showed in his entire career," Hatton said.

Xbone Stormsurgezz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6891|The United Center
Hatton.
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|6144|UK
Floyds gonna get raped
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6634|Gogledd Cymru

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Hatton.
They don't call him The Hitman for nothing, his team is City though, i suppose i could let him off just this once.

Last edited by The Sheriff (2007-12-07 12:25:26)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6765|London, England
I want Hatton to win but Mayweather will probably do it. Idfk tbh

It's essentially USA vs UK

Whoever loses, their country sucks. Agree?

/Me reaches out hand for handshake

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-12-07 12:26:09)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

I don't know. I watched Floyd make short work of Del La Hoya. It wasn't a very interesting fight but Floyd is tactical.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Banned
+106|6144|UK
Guys what channel will it be on?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6788
I like hatton better.
Banned
+106|6144|UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

Whoever loses, their country sucks. Agree?
Yes
bennisboy
+829|6790|Poundland
I'm going with Hatton, like Bernard Hopkins is.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6634|Gogledd Cymru

SamTheMan wrote:

Box office, £18, so fuck it there's luckily a pub down the road from me that's staying open till 6AM for the fight, it's going to be great.
BRiiNDED
+137|6268
Well it'll be tough but 'Hitman' will come out on top, always does and will
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6891|The United Center

Kmarion wrote:

I don't know. I watched Floyd make short work of Del La Hoya. It wasn't a very interesting fight but Floyd is tactical.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather wins...

Hatton is just a LOT more fun to watch...and really, that's the only reason why I watch boxing.
bennisboy
+829|6790|Poundland

The Sheriff wrote:

SamTheMan wrote:

Box office, £18, so fuck it there's luckily a pub down the road from me that's staying open till 6AM for the fight, it's going to be great.
Its on in our SU bar. Lockin starts at 1AM
Banned
+106|6144|UK

Death_Brinded_Pro wrote:

omg i see what you did there Hitman is your COD4 name
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather wins...

Hatton is just a LOT more fun to watch...and really, that's the only reason why I watch boxing.
Yea the last fight was kinda lame. De la hoya got paid 30 million to take the occasional jab .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
A12345
+77|6614
i want hatton to take it but i see PBF taking a decision.
BRiiNDED
+137|6268

SamTheMan wrote:

Death_Brinded_Pro wrote:

omg i see what you did there Hitman is your COD4 name
OMG i sooo did not obviously not sam! *rolls eyes*
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6885|OctoLand
Goes to the cards then Mayweather win, if hatton wins it's by KO.

Hatton to lay him out in the 6th!
I know fucking karate
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6682|Long Island, New York
Hatton wins it because of his gigantic chin.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6535|fåking denmark
Hatton 'cause he's British, but he has a gigantic, ugly chin.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6864|California

Well watching that shamble of a match between De La Hoya and Mayweather, I put all of my money on Hatton
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6745|132 and Bush

stryyker wrote:

Well watching that shamble of a match between De La Hoya and Mayweather, I put all of my money on Hatton
It was like watching the grass grow. Oscar had a few flurries but I wish he would have use his left more. When he did it was powerful.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6607|Tyne & Wear, England
I would love to say Hatton and I sincerely hope that he brings that wanker back down to earth.  But I can't see it happening to be honest, therefore my vote goes to Mayweather.  If you look at his face, theres barely a scratch.  It isn't the face of a boxer, he's just so damn hard to hit.

I'm surprised to see so many Yanks backing / supporting Hatton to be honest.

Anyway we are having a house party for the occasion, and I ain't staying up fueled by whiskey until half 4 just to watch a quick / boring fight.  This one better be good.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6775|Washington, DC

I don't get what you're talking about so I'll say Hatton

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard