Torin
+52|6692

Cbass wrote:

Torin wrote:

How do you  know how much skill it has? Have you even tried to fly a jet and use it successfully? Or are you just another ground pounding whiner who doesn't have what it takes?
Check my stats..mainly airial service ribbon and air combat badge. i got both within 2 days of installing this game! i was a frickin newb and got air awards, yea thats skill alright. then i realized jet whoring is a cheap way to get points so i quit. try operating a tank and dodge c4/carbomb/apc/mines/other tanks/and still watch out for jet whores. that is skill bro.
ROFL.

So you got the Aerial Service Ribbon and Basic Aviator Badge and somehow flying a plane well takes no skill?

Hell, I got every stupid service ribbon and basic vehicle badge and was picking my butt 75% of the time. None of them take any skill.

However, having some stupid basic ribbons and badges is no indicator that you are good in a plane. You got 19 kill IAR? Woopee. Try getting 75. Yes, any retard can get the basic aviator stuff, try going well beyond the expectations of the expert badges and see what you get.

Just because it also takes skill to stay alive in a tank amonst all that nonsense, doesn't mean it doesn't take skill to be equally as good in a plane.

You got some stupid retard noob ribbon and badge and suddenly you think you know what it takes to be a good aviator? Ya, keep dreaming.

P.S. No wonder you quit flying, with 9 hours in a plane and only 300 kills and a K/D of less than 2, I'd quit too.

Last edited by Torin (2006-02-07 10:15:36)

DocZ
+13|6688|Belgium

B.Schuss wrote:

On Wake, if ypur pilots cannot take care of the enemy jets, you have got no chance at all to get off the carrier, let alone actually cap a flag.
Simple tactic for americans on rape island:  A squadleader gets in the jet, he hauls ass to the airfield flag, jumps out, rest of squad spawns and helps cap the flag.  Just play as a team from there and you can't lose.....

But of course, who wants to jump out of a jet to help out the team, right?  Ground fighting is for losers, right?
vjs
+19|6771
DocZ,

I've done this so many times...
The issue is trying to get people to spawn on you, same issue as trying to get them to jump out of the chopper...

Another good tactic, take the BH get to the island... pretend like your going to cap the first base... people jump out, then book it to the second one as people screem "hey I need a pickup"

The only advantage is that the first person out gets a tank. So at least you have one jumper...

Then park the BH next to the second flag on the beach and get out. Often times people who jump in the BH can't fly them.
Seaneroo
+12|6658
In my opinion, jets add nothing to the game.  I would welcome their elimination.

Why are there jet whores? Because you can pulverize everyone else without being placed in harms way yourself.

Most jet pilots I've seen would rather stay safe in their jet and see their team's tickets trickle away because all the bases have been lost, than get down on the ground and help cap them back.
Torin
+52|6692
Generally speaking, any time your team has lost all of it's flags, 1 more person on the ground instead of in the air is going to in no way help them take a flag back. In many ways, 1 person in the air instead of on the ground will help more to take bases anyhow, because that 1 guy can take out tanks and such by himself. However, if you lose all your bases, the problem isn't how many people you have on the ground or in the air, it's that you are completely outclassed, outskilled and outgunned to have a chance.
sinir
damned
+2|6819|Boston

Cbass wrote:

u know y people hate jet whores.. because u go around dropping bombs and flying away like pussies for an entire round and u think that takes skill. it bugs the hell out of me trying to have a good ground war and boom im dead and i didn't even see it coming and theres nothing i can do to stop it. fuckin jet whores.
You are making me want to go find an f-15...
JAMER
+3|6672
In my experience, the people who know how to fly (ex. get 40+ kills and no deaths in a single round) change the coarse of the battle and make it really easy for other players (ground troops) to dominate the map.  I typically try to keep the enemy out of the sky, by shooting down planes and helicopters, and the other part of the time taking out tanks, apc, & transport.  If that means flying by the opponents landingstrip and shooting as many people just standing around then I am just motivating people (on the opposing team) to get moving and stop waiting around for the planes and choppers to spawn.

I don't believe in waiting for a plane while it is in use, nor getting on the spawn pad when a player is already waiting for the plane to spawn.  If  a plane is in the air and not fixing to spawn, then everyone should be moving towards a flag to help the team.  If you snipe a guy just to take his plane (this is a plane whore), you should be hog-tied and set on fire.  But if you are the first on the map and you get a plane, never get killed, stay in the plane the whole game, get 40+ kills, then you are NOT a Planewhore; you're just good.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

Torin wrote:

Cbass wrote:

Torin wrote:

How do you  know how much skill it has? Have you even tried to fly a jet and use it successfully? Or are you just another ground pounding whiner who doesn't have what it takes?
Check my stats..mainly airial service ribbon and air combat badge. i got both within 2 days of installing this game! i was a frickin newb and got air awards, yea thats skill alright. then i realized jet whoring is a cheap way to get points so i quit. try operating a tank and dodge c4/carbomb/apc/mines/other tanks/and still watch out for jet whores. that is skill bro.
ROFL.

So you got the Aerial Service Ribbon and Basic Aviator Badge and somehow flying a plane well takes no skill?

Hell, I got every stupid service ribbon and basic vehicle badge and was picking my butt 75% of the time. None of them take any skill.

However, having some stupid basic ribbons and badges is no indicator that you are good in a plane. You got 19 kill IAR? Woopee. Try getting 75. Yes, any retard can get the basic aviator stuff, try going well beyond the expectations of the expert badges and see what you get.

Just because it also takes skill to stay alive in a tank amonst all that nonsense, doesn't mean it doesn't take skill to be equally as good in a plane.

You got some stupid retard noob ribbon and badge and suddenly you think you know what it takes to be a good aviator? Ya, keep dreaming.

P.S. No wonder you quit flying, with 9 hours in a plane and only 300 kills and a K/D of less than 2, I'd quit too.
I have 9 hours in a jet because im not a pussy pilot. id rather be down and dirty capping/Defending CP's for my team. jets are the "dominating force" in this game. pilots have nothing to worry about because they drop bombs from 10,000ft and fly away, nothing can take them out besides hoping the pilot gets something in his eye and crashes into a mountain.  and give me a break 75 kills iar? did u get that in your little jet flying over the battlefield just looking for free kills? i have 68 kills iar in a fucking tank...on the ground...u know.....where the real fight is.

ps i never said i was a good aviator i said any noob can do it. i played this game for an hour and could already drop bombs with decent enough accuracy. i kinda realized it's a jew bastard way of raking in points so i decided to take up tank whoring.

and yea it does take more skill in armor. im sure there is some skill to pilots...i know i had to practice a couple minutes.

i can't wait for the new patch to fix AA lock. then all u jet whores got another thing coming. like my foot in your ass.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-07 12:44:47)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

Cbass wrote:

because u go around dropping bombs and flying away like pussies for an entire round and u think that takes skill.
https://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8567/770onwake9fy.th.jpg

stfu k

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2006-02-07 13:03:36)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
uh oh looks like a kicked the bee hive on this one.   lol
JAMER
+3|6672

Cbass wrote:

...i can't wait for the new patch to fix AA lock. then all u jet whores got another thing coming. like my foot in your ass.
Cbass, i don't agree with you, but I like the way you express yourself. 

Although I am a Plane Lover, I look forward to the patch as well.  It is a little too easy for the jets.  They really need to bring back the stingers like what was in DC.  Then things will really get interesting.

Last edited by JAMER (2006-02-07 13:02:32)

Torin
+52|6692

Cbass wrote:

I have 9 hours in a jet because im not a pussy pilot. id rather be down and dirty capping/Defending CP's for my team. jets are the "dominating force" in this game. pilots have nothing to worry about because they drop bombs from 10,000ft and fly away, nothing can take them out besides hoping the pilot gets something in his eye and crashes into a mountain.  and give me a break 75 kills iar? did u get that in your little jet flying over the battlefield just looking for free kills? i have 68 kills iar in a fucking tank...on the ground...u know.....where the real fight is.

ps i never said i was a good aviator i said any noob can do it. i played this game for an hour and could already drop bombs with decent enough accuracy. i kinda realized it's a jew bastard way of raking in points so i decided to take up tank whoring.

and yea it does take more skill in armor. im sure there is some skill to pilots...i know i had to practice a couple minutes.

i can't wait for the new patch to fix AA lock. then all u jet whores got another thing coming. like my foot in your ass.
You are good evidence of my point. But, just because you'd rather be "down and dirty capping CPs", does not mean flying a jet proficiently does not take skill.

Pilots have nothing to worry about? You mean, AA and other pilots don't count? Is that why bad pilots are downed 20 seconds after taking off, because they have nothing to worry about? If you're "dropping bombs from 10,000ft and flying away" and I'm on your ass, you have more to worry about than some infantry on the other side of a fence as an Abrams. Give me a break, you have no idea what it takes to be a successful pilot.

I've done 75 kills IAR in a plane, a heli, a tank. All of them take skill. How is strafing a runway in a jet, taking out 1 or 2 guys waiting on a bomber any more of "free kills" than rolling up on a spawn point in an Abrams, and taking them out just as quick?

The real fight is on the ground? Yeah, you'd think so, until you're on the receiving end of a superior air force, bombing your stupid tank into rubble. And when you're crying on global chat about planes being overpowered and you can't get 5 ft. from your spawn point, you tell me the real fight is on the ground. Hell, the fight can't even happen on the ground if the fight hasn't already been won in the air. Your fight on the ground is a luxury of having superior air power, otherwise you'd just keep getting bombed just trying to leave your CP.

Bombing people is a jew bastard's way of raking in points, but tank whoring is a sign of skill? You're a class act buddy.

Pfft, if you knew anything about being skilled in a plane, you'd know the change to the AA lock isn't going to do a damn thing to pilots. Oh, I'm gonna have to roll right a half second earlier than I normally would, or drop flares a half second than I did before. Give me a break, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
Thanks Jamer. basicaly jets have it pretty easy. there is no defence against them. AA vehicles and stinger turrents are a joke. they barely can take out a helo.

maybe im just annoyed by being bombed 10 12 times in a row, with no defence, and haveing the pilots talk shit about ground troops sucking.

And Torin, like i said AA right now is a joke. a jet could be just taking off the runway and stinger would miss it. and u can avoid other pilots by being good at turning and rolling. i know, ive played a few flight sims b4.

if bf2 is so air oriented what happens when u bomb the other team but have no ground troops to take control points. the enemy team takes the flags again. ur not going to get it from the cockpit. and say the new patch does actually fix the AA lock. how are u going to fly around w/o tank whores to blow up AA batterys.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-07 13:24:42)

Torin
+52|6692
Get some good pilots on your team. Jets have it easy when nothing opposes them. Put some friendly jets on those enemy jets, and life isn't quite so easy. If I'm spending minutes at a time dog fighting another jet, I'm surely not bombing people's tanks.

Your defense against jets is friendly jets. If your team has no good pilots, then you lose. That's why it's a team game, because it takes more than some ground troops to win.

It's the equivalent of rolling around in a tank with no one on the other team spawning as AT or using their armor. Yes, life would be easy if that were always the case, but like flying around in a jet, life is only as easy as teh other team makes it.

Yes, AA is a joke, but friendly air power is not.

P.S. Turning and rolling might work against some complete noob pilot, but doesn't work against the more experienced ones. Hell, I consider myself pretty damn good at pulling evasive manuevers, but I spent 5 minutes straight the other day trying to shake a J-10 off my F-35B with no success. Eventually I had to bail out because I couldn't shake him. But if I was against some noob pilot, sure I could dive, roll and do a loop and they'd be nowhere in sight. I think you might be generalizing things a bit much when it comes to piloting.

Last edited by Torin (2006-02-07 13:22:13)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752
Wake tactic that works in 95%. Get a fully loaded BH and go cap the Beach flag. not any others. BEACH flag=key to victory This is the weakest point on this map, because ppl usually drive tanks away to shoot boats and stuff. + with fully loaded BH capture time is about 5 secs, so most likely you wil make it. Well maybe its not a perfect moves, but when my team does that we win almost always. Sure if we dont die in the air lol.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-02-07 13:26:35)

JAMER
+3|6672

Torin wrote:

Your defense against jets is friendly jets.
This is the best statement I have seen on this forum, nothing else is more true.  I know this is a game, but in real life AA is pretty weak against a good plane and a good pilot.  I won't even mention anything with stealth.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
hey i know man. im not saying pilots don't help. just last week i lost a game because my team was jet whored to death. and when i asked friendly pilots to take out enemy jets i noticed both friendlys playing follow the leader through the lower dam tunnel on Kubra.

im just tired of hearing pilots talk shit about being the best.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-07 13:31:10)

SGT_Squirtle
+13|6716

DUFFKING wrote:

If I could fly a plane well, I would planewhore to my heart's content. Hence, I can't fly well, and don't bother trying.
I'm right there with ya... for the most part I ignore planes and helicopters... now if they happen to just be sitting there, I'll usually go take it - drop a few bombs - fly around in circles for a few minutes - then crash cause I tried something stupid... then go back to being the infantry guy I'm really meant to be.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
Your right jets are important in keeping ground troops safe. but it take ground troops to fight for and take flags. i just feel it's harder fighting on the ground then in the air.

pilots don't have to worry... is that a mine in the grass or a rock. if u even see it. and u never know when a spec op bastard will run around the corner and blow ur ass up. theres more shit to deal with on the ground.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-07 13:40:45)

Torin
+52|6692
Yes, more to deal with on the ground, but I'd argue it's safer in an Abrams against any number of spec ops and enemy armor, than it is flying around in a jet with a good pilot on the other team.

Just as a C4 dude can come around the corner and blow you up, I can drop in behind an enemy plane, tear into them with the machine guns for a second and release a missile into their tail-pipe before they have any idea what is going on.

Like I said, you're as safe as the enemy team lets you be.

But, one thing that I will give you, is there are a lot fewer competent pilots than there are competent ground pounders, so in that respect, it is safer in the air, especially for an experienced pilot.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752
Do you guys really think that alot of pilots want to help their team to win? Most of them are flying because they want a good score, want alot of kills, good k/d. Thats happening almost in all pub servers. Thats why we have vehicle tks, planewhores etc. Noone thinks about your friends on the ground. And dropping bombs on your own spawn point because you see the tank(you kill the tank + 4 tks) there can prove it. Majority of all pilots are going for a good stats.
This picture changes when you see a clanwar. No intentional tks. No "own" flag bombing. Noone is going for kills, everyone is going for the win. No more whining about planewhores, because you will hold your enemy on the ground at all cost. You will not, your opponent will.

My point is if you are playing on public servers where majority of people are trying to get more kills and less deaths dont try to tell them what their responsibilities are. Noone (almost) will listen to you anyway. Even tho I try to listen my comander and stuff... 1 squad cant make a big difference. So if you are in pub server prepare to meet planewhores, tankwhores, statpadders, and others, ppl dont like. This is the gamelife(not real life huh?), competition, its all about business( only  points instead of money) and there is nothing you can do about it. I cant fly good and I dont fly much, so I've learned how to live with it. And I dont care anymore about being spawncamped, plane/tankwhored etc., because I know that good pilots have more skill than me (in the air, but on the ground we ll see ) so I will show them some respect and shut myself, maybe even lose, but without screaming.
Planewhores. We cant get rid of them, so should we live with them? I think yes. There is nothing we can do. Lets just hope that new patch will make a difference somehow

Sorry, long post

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-02-07 14:03:17)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
yes they do doc most pilots don't give a crap only about their score. i see every day pilots bombing friendly CP's to kill a tank/apc and yea defend the flag but also take out a few teammates with it who could of very easily taken it out.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6821
Here is the way I fly
Fly Boy
Torin
+52|6692
Dr.Battlefield,

Agreed to most extents. However, there are exceptions. I for instance play only on 1 server, along with many other regulars. We've all gotten to know each other, so expecting the good pilots to do what a pilot should be doing, instead of point whoring is not completely unreasonable. I for instance will do my duty of strictly bombing enemy armor on maps like Oman, to let my team take control of the CPs. I know full well I could be hitting the carrier for some easy strings of 5 kills a piece, but I'm not interested in the team win. Mostly all the good, regular pilots are the same, and will work for the win instead of the personal victory.

I can honestly say I've never played a truly pub game before, but I can imagine point whoring is more common in such instances. Thank goodness for a regular server with good regular players that play to win, not just for personal accomplishment.

Every planewhore is different, all you can do is hope they're willing to do their job in the process of owning it up.
the_skajaquada
+0|6726

DocZ wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

On Wake, if ypur pilots cannot take care of the enemy jets, you have got no chance at all to get off the carrier, let alone actually cap a flag.
Simple tactic for americans on rape island:  A squadleader gets in the jet, he hauls ass to the airfield flag, jumps out, rest of squad spawns and helps cap the flag.  Just play as a team from there and you can't lose.....

But of course, who wants to jump out of a jet to help out the team, right?  Ground fighting is for losers, right?
did this on clean sweep my squad leader bailed from the F-15 as I flew over the box them into the chopper spawn within 4 min I proceded to bomb the crap outta them (their pilots sucked I took out their mig with my guns in the F-15) I think I got 75 kills and 1 death and thats after their mig snuck up on me twice.
so yea aside from whoreing the blackhawk its the best way to get kills,plus  I ALWAYS wanted to be a pilot when I was a kid.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard