DocZ
+13|6713|Belgium

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

points has nothing to do with being a noob. I have 4 names i play with. all of them have low points, 1 names for assualt/cqc, 1 for commander, 1 for piloting, and 1 to screw around with.
why? cause i can.
either way i have tons of experience. i never judge a player by his stats, only by how he plays when in a squad with me. if he sux i kick him out. its that simple.
amen to that....

Rank and stats mean nothing at all, for all we know he may have been playing unranked untill a certain point...
Anyway score does not make an experienced player, even a Sergeant major can have a bad day, so or you calling them noobs too?
Shaftoe
+4|6762

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

How can it be a universal standard if it only applies to BF2. What about cs n00bs, etc etc? tF-voodoochild has summed it up enough.

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Being a noob has nothing to do with how many points you have, it has plenty to do with using common sense and not sucking hardcore.
Um, this is a BF2 board...  the point is how to define a BF2 noob.  Bringing in CS and other games as a factor is apples:oranges.  Of course, if we take the Nancy Pelosi approach that "it's all fruit", then you're stuck making a laundry list of least common denominators to define "noob" that could apply to any FPS multiplayer game, like:

1) not knowing how to select a weapon and throwing a grenade into a room full of friends
2) etc

Obviously this would be quite a long list.

So here's my answer: Since it's a matter of perspective, it's relative to how good you are yourself.  Guys that have been playing the game two days might not realize that the bumps in the road with the red "X" are to be avoided - if they're playing with guys who've had the game since day 1, then they're probably going to get a kick vote... if they're playing with a bunch of other idiots, nobody will care.  Now, there SHOULD be a point where most people know better - however, that intersection is also relative because some people are just assholes, some aren't too bright, etc.  Bottom line is that it's a moving target, which marginalizes this whole conversation.
raz
+22|6689|England, UK
Yay, i am privaleged enough to be able to fly a chopper with birdman! Go razzz.. It's ya b'day!, Go razzz... NO! lol
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6749

raz wrote:

Yay, i am privaleged enough to be able to fly a chopper with birdman! Go razzz.. It's ya b'day!, Go razzz... NO! lol
whatever
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6736|Groningen / Netherlands
People call you NOOB coz: YOU 0w3d THEM
Atlas
+0|6706
Noob no longer just refers to someone who just started playing the game, or is "new". People now use it to mean idiot or moron. You are referred to as a noob if you do anything that other people consider to poor playing or a lame tactic. For instance noob tubing... enough said...
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6731|Antarctica
I usually don't trust anyone below gunnery sgt.
luckybaer
+10|6800| Going Feral
n00b is an attit00de.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6777
Put it this way, I would never get in a chopper with anyone that wasn’t at least a first sergeant.
Lol, I'm a sgt.maj. but I suck in flying helos. Its not because I'm a n00b, I just have a long loading time and h8 long lines near the chopper/plane. Btw I cant fly, I dont fly.
Being a noob has nothing to do with how many points you have, it has plenty to do with using common sense and not sucking hardcore.
Agreed.
you are a n00b when someone doesn't like the way you play. the same way most cheaters and hackers are born
Kinda disagree. Seems that opposing team always doesnt like your gamestyle, especially if they re losing. But if your own team h8 you, and you wont do anything to fix it, then yes, you're a noob.
nah i dont i call n00bs n00bs wh otry to mutiny me when i get comander and they whine beg cry and then i get kiked for comader whoring
Sad. Hate that, especially when you ask them to command, but they cant do sh! Mutiny/kick vote is a joke
n00bs are people who can't score points without bunny-hopping and using a nade-launcher.
Indeed. Well only GL is kinda ok, but when GL, miss, reloading+bunnyhop....thats noobish.
-------------------------------------------
Also I'd say ppl who tells you : 'pwnt, noob' when blasted you with GL  or killed you with a knife are noobs. Good players never say things like that, because after a long gametime you learn how to respect your opponent, and dont care about being killed by GL anymore. You know that its noobish, so what...

Kick votes from opposing team are noobish. Kick votes are maded for your teammates to kick you, not for you to kick your opponent.

Whine about spawncamping when the base is capturable... How the hell I supposed to cap the flag and dont kill you?

There are alot of things I can say, but overall YOU STOP BEING A NOOB WHEN YOU LEARN HOW TO RESPECT YOUR TEAMMATES(punish huh?) AND YOUR OPPONENTS(whine/kick vote/stupid conversations).

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-02-07 11:24:37)

someone25
+1|6773
u are a  NOOB - if ur kills with the GL or C4 is more then with any other weapon (esp. rifle)
[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov
+9|6728|North Kackalaka
Noob = everyone with less points than you
Stat padder = everyone with more points than you

Last edited by [DR2nd]Dr.Smoov (2006-02-07 11:36:46)

asbad
+19|6746|Ireland
ive seen lieutenants being called a noob, which says more about the person using the comment.

Question has been answered, noob=someone playing crap
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6777

[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov wrote:

Noob = everyone with less points than you
Stat padder = everyone with more points than you
and if your points are equal?
airborne916
+24|6691

Maj.Do wrote:

hmm if i see something below corp. and there flying my heli i kind of feel unsafe.
lol same here, i dont fly with no one below my rank.
=[4th]=$chofield
+0|6777
yeah someone said points are there to show experience not skill. like me i got 380 hours but i also have 70000 global points if you took my time and equalled it with anyone like ta firestorm for example i would have probably doubled his score.
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6864|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
i guess noobs are the fuckwits who disrespect the lower ranks and seem to forget that they skipped certain ranks in their quest for best player ever.  to the guy who said he wouldnt get in a chopper with someone below the rank of 1st sgt...what an arrogant buttmuncher!!!!!.....i guess some people are just not worthy to be in ur presence!!
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6835|Marathon, Florida Keys
kill death ratio is below 1.5 then your a noob
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov
+9|6728|North Kackalaka
Quick before I get in this helo with you, are you really a private or do you have the no rank glitch?
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6769|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov wrote:

Quick before I get in this helo with you, are you really a private or do you have the no rank glitch?
"Huh?"

"GET THE F*CK OUT"

Last edited by -]Eucalyptus[- (2006-02-07 13:22:46)

shadowdark1974
+0|6689|San Diego
Everyone who plays is going to be a NOOB at one point or another! no matter what you have for rank, points, awards and badges! Couse you know what! Everyone has a bad day where NOTHING goes right.....
      you go to shoot someone as a sniper just as a team mate runs up on your target. SPLUT head shot TK! **You are a NOOB!**
      You are in a Tank or Jeep and turn to miss being hit with a Rocket or tank round and end  up running over some of your own team. **You are a NOOB!**
     you line up your chopper for an attack on some Bad guys trying to retake a flag and end up blasting your own guys 50 feet up up and away with rockets! **You are a NOOB!**
Lets face it on a bad day or even rounds **You are a NOOB!**
BUT after having a moment of NOOBites, And get my act back together DAMN i feel good looking on the board and seeing my name in a slot or two.
Other then that, when you can look at what you did wrong and say i should have done this or what was i thinking damn i am being a NOOB!! then your not a NOOB anymore.

Last edited by shadowdark1974 (2006-02-07 16:04:41)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6713
How many points until people stop using gay overweight words like noob? pwned and owned? Its annoying and shows you're overweight small penis mentality.
airborne916
+24|6691

[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov wrote:

rofl
MagiCandy
+18|6679
Well here is my thoughts on the whole n00b thing. There is generally a larger number of newbies then there are non-n00bs at the lower ranks. The number of newbies grows smaller as the rank is increased. This is based on my experience playing the game.
greatdane
+0|6679
i would say those with the stat K/D ratio on more than 1 is not noobs... but if there is allso some in there gameplay, if they fly around in a chopper and shoot small men, well that is easy to get 2 before you die.

the ratio that i see that should count is the ratio with man vs man, NO GL NOOB KILL
x0pht
+0|6763
although skills doesnt necessarily have anything to do with global points, however when i dont know this particular person and I dont have time to check his stats (ie some random guy in game), i trust him only if he's above first sergeant/master sergeant. i prefer to work with master gunnery/sergeant major or above if it comes to choppers. i never be a co-pilot in jets, cuz when it comes to jets, i dont trust anyone but myself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard