Stimey
­
+786|6091|Ontario | Canada
BF2s, I need this game.
Considering I'm 15 and the game is rated M, how do I get it without my parents finding out?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6431
Friends?
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I could of got this game when I was 7...

Tell your parents that it's the same as bf2?
Stimey
­

jord wrote:

My mom banned me from buying games under her careful eye after TF2.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

Go with a friend from school to your video game store, make sure this friend is 17 or older and has a valid ID (something with his birthday on it). Slip him the cash, have him buy the game, have him hand you the game.

Or offer some homeless guy 10 bucks if he buys it for you.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6431

Stimey wrote:

jord wrote:

Do what Hurricane said, but whats wrong with TF2?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Listen to your mother. Video games will rot your mind.
Hurricane
Banned

Superior Mind wrote:

Says the guy who played bf2
Stimey
­

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Stimey wrote:

jord wrote:

I would do what Hurricane said, but my oldest friend just turned 16.
Also, TF2 marked my billionth video game, so my mom said "das enuff"
­
­
­
­
­
­
Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States

Superior Mind wrote:

lol
jord
You could always... Steal it.

Go on, just put it under your jumper and walk out. Go on.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
lol, your parents wont let you get call of duty 4 because it has an M rating? do they let you watch tv? because there is worse shit on daytime tv than what's in this game.

what was bad about TF2?
Hurricane
Banned

Stimey wrote:

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Hmm. You could go to a smaller video game store (not FutureShop or BestBuy or the like) and have your friend try and coax the cashier to give it to you. Or slip him a few dollars...

In some convenience stores in the US (like CVS), also in some banks, you can get these prepaid debit cards. They're like buying gift cards only you can add cash to them, and they work everywhere that accepts debit cards. You could get one for $50/$60 and then order it online.

edit: And don't fret about it, I needed to get my mom to buy me CoD4 as well (I had the money, but those pricks at Best Buy's corporate HQ decided they can't sell M games to people under 17... yet I can drive a 3,000lb vehicle that, combined with drunkeness, is responsible for an extremely large amount of deaths each year in the US).

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-11-27 17:25:59)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

Hurricane wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Says the guy who played bf2
Exactly. I am talking from experience. .
jord
After reading all the replies in this thread, stealing is probably your best bet.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6202

Hurricane wrote:

Go with a friend from school to your video game store, make sure this friend is 17 or older and has a valid ID (something with his birthday on it). Slip him the cash, have him buy the game, have him hand you the game.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT get some random homeless guy that you find pan-handling beside a highway to buy anything for you.  He will take your money.  I tried to do this a few years ago when I was underage and ended up with two six packs of Bud Light, no change (we gave him about $40), and a smell that didn't leave my car for weeks.  I'm not saying that every one of them will steal your money, but it is a substantial risk you take whenever dealing with the homeless.  From my own personal experiences, I would highly advise against giving any homeless person any money, unless you can afford to lose $60.  Good luck getting the game.
Stimey
­

Hurricane wrote:

Hmm. You could go to a smaller video game store (not FutureShop or BestBuy or the like) and have your friend try and coax the cashier to give it to you. Or slip him a few dollars...
Well, I'm going to Futureshop tommorow, theres an E-B Games right near there, but they're Nazis about the ratings.
Ill try slippin' him monies.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Hurricane
Banned

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT get some random homeless guy that you find pan-handling beside a highway to buy anything for you.  He will take your money.  I tried to do this a few years ago when I was underage and ended up with two six packs of Bud Light, no change (we gave him about $40), and a smell that didn't leave my car for weeks.  I'm not saying that every one of them will steal your money, but it is a substantial risk you take whenever dealing with the homeless.  From my own personal experiences, I would highly advise against giving any homeless person any money, unless you can afford to lose $60.  Good luck getting the game.
Not if you follow him throughout the store, with a taser.

edit: Stimey, how old do you look? When I pre-ordered CoD4 at best buy the cashier didn't even bother asking my age. When I bought it though... I guess customer service desk guys are more anal about the rules (I can't totally blame them, they don't wanna lose their job, I blame the idiots at Best Buy HQ).

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-11-27 17:35:37)

Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

Why won't your parents let you get M rated games? You have BF2 and TF2, so I think your parents have broken that rule twice already.
Just explain to them it's just like Battlefield 2, but more recent.

If they don't let you hear swear words or look at blood, then they got problems. I think everyone has seen blood or heard swears.
General-Idea
+5|5969|USA, Central.
Punch your mother. Show her who wears the fucking pants.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Hurricane wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

In some convenience stores in the US (like CVS), also in some banks, you can get these prepaid debit cards. They're like buying gift cards only you can add cash to them, and they work everywhere that accepts debit cards. You could get one for $50/$60 and then order it online.

edit: And don't fret about it, I needed to get my mom to buy me CoD4 as well (I had the money, but those pricks at Best Buy's corporate HQ decided they can't sell M games to people under 17... yet I can drive a 3,000lb vehicle that, combined with drunkeness, is responsible for an extremely large amount of deaths each year in the US).
Isn't 3000 lbs just a fairly large sedan?
Stimey
­

Ryan wrote:

Why won't your parents let you get M rated games? You have BF2 and TF2, so I think your parents have broken that rule twice already.
Just explain to them it's just like Battlefield 2, but more recent.

If they don't let you hear swear words or look at blood, then they got problems. I think everyone has seen blood or heard swears.
I would tell her this, but she said "das enuff" because she thinks I already have enough video games. As previously stated.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Hurricane
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Stimey wrote:

You gonna have fun when 3000lbs of steel goin at 35MPH slams into you?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Hurricane wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

You gonna have fun when 3000lbs of steel goin at 35MPH slams into you?
I'll fight you with my 5000lb Suburban, we'll see who wins.
General-Idea
+5|5969|USA, Central.

General-Idea wrote:

Punch your mother. Show her who wears the fucking pants.
Seriously, take my advice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard