[BSF]Nexar
Banned
+4|6658|3 Miles East of Smurf Village
The one good thing that came out of getting wiped personally was now that im free of wanting points and medals/badges, i can do whatever the hell i want to, including telling indiantscout to go scalp himself and stamp him with my 2 massive bola balls. It also lets me journey on to all the bad ass mods coming out in the near future, which a major % will be moving to one anyways (mods actually listen to their fanbase, and fix what EA wont/cant) . So fuck the points, fuck EA, fuck the cock'yay'ass smurfs, and fuck BF2...

Here i come mods...

Last edited by [BSF]Nexar (2006-02-06 07:17:27)

RedHot
+9|6722

[BSF]Nexar wrote:

The one good thing that came out of getting wiped personally was now that im free of wanting points and medals/badges, i can do whatever the hell i want to, including telling indiantscout to go scalp himself and stamp him with my 2 massive bola balls. It also lets me journey on to all the bad ass mods coming out in the near future, which a major % will be moving to one anyways (mods actually listen to their fanbase, and fix what EA wont/cant) . So fuck the points, fuck EA, fuck the cock'yay'ass smurfs, and fuck BF2...

Here i come mods...
Well said, i'm really dissapointed with EA and this is the first of their games I have ever played... won't buy another. They need some real gamers working there as opposed to the idiots running EA atm.
Torin
+52|6684

[BSF]Nexar wrote:

elite wrote:

yeah i saw him ALOT rapair padding with nastie_butler and nexar, some other bsf players also.
haha, cause repair points bring in so much points and satisfaction to the game. Fucking moron.
You obviously miss the point then. It isn't that it brings in "so much points and satisfaction", it's that it breaks the rules. Rules are rules, and I'm glad EA enforces them harshly. There is no leeway.. you don't stat pad "just a little" and get away with it. There is no difference between padding for 25 repair points or padding for 8,000 knife kills, it's all padding.
Torin
+52|6684

RedHot wrote:

Well said, i'm really dissapointed with EA and this is the first of their games I have ever played... won't buy another. They need some real gamers working there as opposed to the idiots running EA atm.
You're disappointed that EA wipes the stats of people who abuse the system and break the rules? You want some "real gamers", aka people who condone cheating/exploiting/stat padding working there, as opposed to people who would actually enforce the rules? What a tool.
RedHot
+9|6722

Torin wrote:

RedHot wrote:

You're disappointed that EA wipes the stats of people who abuse the system and break the rules? You want some "real gamers", aka people who condone cheating/exploiting/stat padding working there, as opposed to people who would actually enforce the rules? What a tool.
I'm dissapointed that they are so quick to wipe stats, they set unrealistic goals for certain badges such as War College ribbon, or gettin 25 heals iar for expert first aid (i still cant get this one....) and when people find ways to get the badges they wipe their stats and make them look like criminals. I agree that SOME people down right cheat and need to be punished, but EA seems quick to act on those that might be only trying to get a badge that seems near impossible. On top of this i also disagree with some of their changes as they patch, they seem to cater to the crybabies in forums (you being one??) that scream HAX at anyone who kills them with a gl.... when they were holding a pistol. I think we can all agree BF2 is NOT a realistic game... if you want realism go play AA or join the marines for gods sake.... its a game. They dont all need to be realistic to be fun, did everyone cry when super mario could jump 30 feet in the air and smash a goomba??? no... so why cry about bf2 being un-realistic? It was EA's choice to make BF2 an arcade style FPS, not a true to life war game, if thats not your cup of coffee play something else, quit crying, and let them patch to fix the actual problems. Just my 2 cents....
Helo
+0|6706
If someone is truly breaking the rules I can understand the reset but the issue is the interpretation of breaking the rules.  EA puts badges in place that that almost require action that they may deem as statpadding or put in kits that by their inherent action may be viewed by some idiots on this board as stat padding. 

Getting 25 support points in a round is tough but not stat padding.

A perfect example is me and some friends were playing on Dragon Valley.  We were Chinese and we decided to hold the north point by covering it from the hill.  Our role was to hit armor and jeeps as they poured out of the base.  We had 2 AT, 1 support and 1 medic.  We were all performing our jobs as designated by EA as the role of what each kit does.  AT were shooting armour, support was keeping us filled with ammo and medic was keeping us healed and reviving.  We were all kicked for stat padding by doing our job.

This is the kind of Witch-trial mentality that exists in some servers and on these boards.  Sure there are true examples of stat padding (ie the knife / revive one) but I would venture to say that 90% of the time some of these kids claim stat padding, is truly just someone doing their job.

I guess support should no longer resupply people on karkand by that logic.
Torin
+52|6684

RedHot wrote:

I'm dissapointed that they are so quick to wipe stats, they set unrealistic goals for certain badges such as War College ribbon, or gettin 25 heals iar for expert first aid (i still cant get this one....) and when people find ways to get the badges they wipe their stats and make them look like criminals. I agree that SOME people down right cheat and need to be punished, but EA seems quick to act on those that might be only trying to get a badge that seems near impossible. On top of this i also disagree with some of their changes as they patch, they seem to cater to the crybabies in forums (you being one??) that scream HAX at anyone who kills them with a gl.... when they were holding a pistol. I think we can all agree BF2 is NOT a realistic game... if you want realism go play AA or join the marines for gods sake.... its a game. They dont all need to be realistic to be fun, did everyone cry when super mario could jump 30 feet in the air and smash a goomba??? no... so why cry about bf2 being un-realistic? It was EA's choice to make BF2 an arcade style FPS, not a true to life war game, if thats not your cup of coffee play something else, quit crying, and let them patch to fix the actual problems. Just my 2 cents....
I think you're also missing the point.

EA did not wipe the stats of 400 some players on a whim. EA investigated each and every claim, looked at people's victim lists, looked at people with suspicious amount of repair points in a given period of time, looked at people with extraordinarily high kill streaks/best round scores, etc. After months of investigation, a list was compiled and sent to EA to have stats wiped. This was not EA "quick to act",  this was done after an extensive investigation. These people broke the rules and were punished. That's all there is to it.

Yes, some of the badges and ribbons have what may seem to most to be unrealistic or impossible goals, the First Aid and Repair badges for example. However, no matter how difficult a badge or ribbon may be to achieve, that does not give anyone permission to break the rules to achieve it. If you cannot meet the goal of a particular badge or ribbon through purely legit gameplay, then you don't deserve to have it. If you break the rules to attain badges, you are just as susceptable to having your stats wiped as someone who exploited the commander bug to get 200,000 points in a handful of rounds.

As to what they decided to change in the patch, well, that's up to them. I personally like the GL changes, not because I disliked being killed by it (I use the GL too, everytime I am Assault), but because it is a completely skill-less weapon in the hands of someone using it at point-blank range. It will still be used skillfully for medium and long range attacks, but no longer it is a tool for skill-less lamers to get cheap kills in CQC.

Yes, BF2 is not realistic, but that is no reason to leave the game unbalanced. The GL in it's current form is unbalanced at extremely close ranges.
AoWs|-YourMom
+0|6834
I think the really sad thing is that they didn't look to the TIMES of the offenses, When the ranked system first came out you were able to enter a locked ranked server and do whatever you wanted, I'll admit that I got a few of my badges right off from this flaw in the system, but after the prevented us from password locking ranked servers (about 4 days after tha game hit the shelves) I stopped being a stat padding douche and started playing the game as it was meant to be played. Granted I kept the same account and so I had a silly high kill streak and all that, but really EA never talked to me about any of that, I only had 11K after playing the game from day one, had I really been a stat padder I would certainly have far less a score than that. My SPM was like 1.7 which is less than some of my fellow clan mates who ALSO don't stat pad.

EA fucked up I think.

You know whats even worse, is now that they've whiped my stats my SPM is FAR higher than ever before, and I'm still not stat padding, what a bunch of douches.

Last edited by AoWs|-YourMom (2006-02-06 08:49:37)

RedHot
+9|6722
EA did not wipe the stats of 400 some players on a whim. EA investigated each and every claim, looked at people's victim lists, looked at people with suspicious amount of repair points in a given period of time, looked at people with extraordinarily high kill streaks/best round scores, etc. After months of investigation, a list was compiled and sent to EA to have stats wiped. This was not EA "quick to act",  this was done after an extensive investigation. These people broke the rules and were punished. That's all there is to it.

Yes, some of the badges and ribbons have what may seem to most to be unrealistic or impossible goals, the First Aid and Repair badges for example. However, no matter how difficult a badge or ribbon may be to achieve, that does not give anyone permission to break the rules to achieve it. If you cannot meet the goal of a particular badge or ribbon through purely legit gameplay, then you don't deserve to have it. If you break the rules to attain badges, you are just as susceptable to having your stats wiped as someone who exploited the commander bug to get 200,000 points in a handful of rounds.

As to what they decided to change in the patch, well, that's up to them. I personally like the GL changes, not because I disliked being killed by it (I use the GL too, everytime I am Assault), but because it is a completely skill-less weapon in the hands of someone using it at point-blank range. It will still be used skillfully for medium and long range attacks, but no longer it is a tool for skill-less lamers to get cheap kills in CQC.

Yes, BF2 is not realistic, but that is no reason to leave the game unbalanced. The GL in it's current form is unbalanced at extremely close ranges.
I'm not going to argue with you, seeing as how your on a mission to defend EA.... but while your at it tell them to take some time to make ALL the badges/ribbons/medals obtainable (maybe tough.... but possible) Doing this would no doubt make stat padding much more easy to define. I really hope you work there, to be defending a group of people that obviously lack common sense.
Torin
+52|6684
I'm defending the action taken to punish people who were found to break the rules, I'm not defending EA specifically. It's a matter of principle really.

I agree, some badges and ribbons should be easier to attain, mainly the War College Ribbon, Expert Engineer Badge, Expert First Aid Badge and to some extent, the Expert Explosive Ordinance Badge. (maybe its just me) However, it is not your, mine or anyone but EA's decision to make on what those badges should be. Even if they are nigh unobtainable, they are after all Expert badges, and should reflect as much.

But people that will stat pad for badges and ribbons will still stat pad if they can get those same ribbons and badges legit. It's a personality issue that lets them validate cheating/exploitive behavior by excusing it the same way you are, that these badges are too hard and only obtainable through abuse of the system. Cheaters and exploiters will always be cheaters and exploiters, be it a self esteem issue, disagreeance with how the system works or any number of other reasons. Difficult badges are just a catalyst to get them to fall into their typical abusive behavior.
killjoi
+2|6654
Stay off the juice, kids.
RedHot
+9|6722
But people that will stat pad for badges and ribbons will still stat pad if they can get those same ribbons and badges legit. It's a personality issue that lets them validate cheating/exploitive behavior by excusing it the same way you are, that these badges are too hard and only obtainable through abuse of the system. Cheaters and exploiters will always be cheaters and exploiters, be it a self esteem issue, disagreeance with how the system works or any number of other reasons. Difficult badges are just a catalyst to get them to fall into their typical abusive behavior.
Untrue.... I like to get all my badges legit, but having all the requirements for expert first aid for about the last 200 hrs played and unable to obtain it i have considered finding a way to get this badge as it seems unobtainable. I'm sure many people are in the same position as me, they just CANT get the badge and thus think about or just plain go for it and stat pad. BUT if the badge was obtainable.... then those who still stat pad and avoid doing any work for their badges are those that should be truly punished no??? This would avoid have otherwise legit gamers, stepping into the wrong to get something they deserve. If you really cant understand this you must be a fucking moron.... im sick you repeating yourself "EA's choice blah blah blah" You make some good points, but really you need to admit that EA has SOME flaws, and things could be fixed to reduce padding, or make it easier to identify those that are really out to cheat from the start and leave those that will work for badges out of it, no?
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
I find all of the "OMG, BURN ALL PADDERS AT THE STAKE" comments to be a little odd, given that EA hasen't deigned to explain exactly what the violated EULA terms are.

Maybe that's just me.
RedHot
+9|6722

Masques wrote:

I find all of the "OMG, BURN ALL PADDERS AT THE STAKE" comments to be a little odd, given that EA hasen't deigned to explain exactly what the violated EULA terms are.

Maybe that's just me.
IndianScout posted the terms in another thread, can't find it now though srry.
doxy
+74|6782|Nevis
my two cents:
most badges are easy to get, flipside to that coin is, you want the veterans and expert badges too. i think this game isn't ment for being played less than eight months. i also don't think EA expected that kind of run on the badges and the ribbons. take your time, be patient
(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6712
How would you people know if someone got stats reset? I didn't know what going on and not even got nice letter from ea. I'm decent player with a lot of goal to set in. Me as deaf plaer some may be too hard for me to obtian the awards but I don't give up those even if ea make it too much to achives. I didn't expect ea to reset those people who break the rules but surprise ea did but the point is when people break rules then the game isn't fun for us. I love bf2 and I'm war freak.
Torin
+52|6684

RedHot wrote:

Untrue.... I like to get all my badges legit, but having all the requirements for expert first aid for about the last 200 hrs played and unable to obtain it i have considered finding a way to get this badge as it seems unobtainable. I'm sure many people are in the same position as me, they just CANT get the badge and thus think about or just plain go for it and stat pad. BUT if the badge was obtainable.... then those who still stat pad and avoid doing any work for their badges are those that should be truly punished no??? This would avoid have otherwise legit gamers, stepping into the wrong to get something they deserve. If you really cant understand this you must be a fucking moron.... im sick you repeating yourself "EA's choice blah blah blah" You make some good points, but really you need to admit that EA has SOME flaws, and things could be fixed to reduce padding, or make it easier to identify those that are really out to cheat from the start and leave those that will work for badges out of it, no?
I get you.

All that aside, stat padding, for whatever reason, even to get a badge you feel you deserve is wrong. It breaks the rules, and punishment is the reward.

I personally cannot fathom how I will ever get the 25 repair points IAR needed for Expert Engineer, but when I meet the pre-reqs, I'll try to make it happen. One day I may be in a position to get it, maybe on a map where I'm commanding, and the assets are being constantly destroyed by a squad hiding nearby. However, I will not stat pad for any of those 25 points, because that defeats the purpose.

Yes, some of these badges are insane, but the only people who deserve them, are the people who get them legit. Even if you've had all the other pre-reqs for a year or more and have 500,000 global points, if you can't muster the requirements, you don't deserve it, no matter what you think. However, this thread is not about difficult badges to obtain, it's about stat padding.

There is no excuse, if you stat pad, you get what you deserve.

Yes, EA fudged the requirements for a few badges, however, that is no excuse to exploit the system to get them.
x0pht
+0|6729

RedHot wrote:

exactly.
Chowley
+1|6678|Ireland

RedHot wrote:

Masques wrote:

Maybe that's just me.
IndianScout posted the terms in another thread, can't find it now though srry.
Unfortunately they are extremely vague so they wont enlighten anyone very much.
Tin_Whisker
+1|6693

x0pht wrote:

RedHot wrote:

exactly.
How can anyone possibly find joy in statpadding for a badge?  Doesn't that make it empty?  The expert badges are supposed to be near impossible.   If you don't cheat, you will get the badge when you EARN it.  Think of the satisfaction you will have upon reaching your goal and measure that against how shallow you are if you stat pad to get it.
DuVeL
+2|6661|New Gitland, the Netherlands
Hey RedHot, wern't we in the Gulfwar together? Didn't we ask you to stand up so you'd attrack enemyfire so we'd know where they are shooting from?
BF2 is not an arcadestylegame. I do wonder what you think are the actual problems of BF2.
I'm with Tin_whisker on this 1. I have the silver knifebadge and it is one of the most rewarding badges I got.
No need to statpad...
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6723|Peoria, Illinois
Mine were "reset" but were back in an hour. It must have been some glitch hitting everyone with EA messing with the unlock coding and some didn't get fixed. Mine showed zero stats and I was a private but I had all my awards. I was shocked since I never statpadded but I noticed it was fixed an hour later. I wouldn't mind if my stats were zeroed since I'd have a heck of a better K/D Ratio and accuracy but I'd at least want my unlocks.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-02-06 10:56:34)

RedHot
+9|6722

DuVeL wrote:

Hey RedHot, wern't we in the Gulfwar together? Didn't we ask you to stand up so you'd attrack enemyfire so we'd know where they are shooting from?
BF2 is not an arcadestylegame. I do wonder what you think are the actual problems of BF2.
I'm with Tin_whisker on this 1. I have the silver knifebadge and it is one of the most rewarding badges I got.
No need to statpad...
Lol yes BF2 is an arcade style game, and by saying this i mean it lacks realism in order to make the game funner... a chopper cannot take a tank shell in real life, an m95 would rip a man in half in one shot... etc etc etc, but because these things are not true in the game there is more balance, so whats your malfunction? I dont really know what your trying to prove with the silver (silver = veteren might i add) badge you have... considering I just stated i get ALL mine legit and i have 7-8 gold ones, to put in a stack with my medals. Maybe next time come out with a real point.. instead of rambling something about the gulf war, idiot.
RedHot
+9|6722
How can anyone possibly find joy in statpadding for a badge?  Doesn't that make it empty?  The expert badges are supposed to be near impossible.   If you don't cheat, you will get the badge when you EARN it.  Think of the satisfaction you will have upon reaching your goal and measure that against how shallow you are if you stat pad to get it.
Who here said they find joy in padding? Read first, then you wont make yourself look stupid by stating the obvious.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6760
don't quote me plz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard