dracul
+2|6824
both are about the same if you average out dmg and rpm, but it's more of the enviroment you're playing in (ex. MG36 has a higher rate of fire, so that would be better for CQC, PKM has higher dmg and more accuracy, so it is preferred for wide open spaces)
You are just wrong here..
MG36 has a better min deviation and recoil pershot. That and the sight picture alone makes it far superior to the pkm.

Even in situations that the pkm might be SLIGHTLY more accurate, the mg36 is putting 3 rounds down range in the time it takes the pkm to fire 2, and that means you have a 30% chance of hitting.

And lets be real here. Firing at a target of greater tha a 100 yards, your just gambling that three bullets are going to hit out of the 40 you will need to fire before he manages to kill you with a rifle.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6674|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
i love the mg it has a great rate of fire.
Lazy8s
+0|6672

CrazeD wrote:

I tried the MG36 on SF, and I just have to say it sucks. Even shooting one - two round bursts, I couldn't hit someone 20 feet infront of me. The PKM is bad, but not quite as bad. The AK-101 is by far the best of the four on accuracy, with the M249 coming in second.

Another unlock I regret getting.

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

MG36 is crap.
I appreciate the opinions, do you have any evidence to back it up? I think the G36E is crap because I got owned with it on Wake Island 2007 and I went 14-0 with the F2000 but I think I am the only person who feels that way.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6744|Australia
after unlocking both, i still think the stock ones are the best
MrBrain
+24|6707|Finland
Ah crap! I read the whole post before I realised that the MG36 was a SF unlock
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Lazy8s wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

I tried the MG36 on SF, and I just have to say it sucks. Even shooting one - two round bursts, I couldn't hit someone 20 feet infront of me. The PKM is bad, but not quite as bad. The AK-101 is by far the best of the four on accuracy, with the M249 coming in second.

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

MG36 is crap.
I appreciate the opinions, do you have any evidence to back it up? I think the G36E is crap because I got owned with it on Wake Island 2007 and I went 14-0 with the F2000 but I think I am the only person who feels that way.
I said AK-101, I meant the RPK though.

But I don't have numbers to say the RPK is better, but I can definitly hit targes at greater distance with the RPK than any other LMG, and I've tried them all. The PKM fires too slowly, and is very, very unaccurate. The MG36 seemed to not even effect the people that I managed to hit with it, even after 8 rounds or so that clearly hit them, very underpowered. The M-249 is somewhat accurate, more so than the PKM and MG36, and will take down targets easier, seeings how it will actually hit them.

PKM, IMO, is much better than the MG36, but still sucks.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6849
I like both, I love the burst option on the MG36, a lot. I use both, depending on what I'm doing. Karkand(or maps like it), normally the MG36 is the better choice, higher rate of fire so I can drop to the ground and fire at them faster than I can with the PKM. places like wake, PKM is superior.

Gotta love that sound of the PKM.

Accuracy doesn't really mean much to me.. I can hit my target no matter what.. don't believe me?
check this out:
http://files.filefront.com/Supportwmv/; … einfo.html
That's how you play support
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6754|The Hague, Netherlands

well i know that the PKM is the unlock and all, but i have to say i love the M249 SAW 10 times more when you know how to kill with it, its fun
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
RedEyes-CAD
+1|6728|Arizona
I also have just unlocked the MG3C due to that glitchy thing and it is a very strange gun.  I've used the PKM a decent amount of time and I enjoy its strenght(sp?) and sound.  The MG3C is a pretty cool gun as well, I have just not had enough time with it to know how it handles.  Aside from my blabbering, Very Nice Post!
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

well i know that the PKM is the unlock and all, but i have to say i love the M249 SAW 10 times more when you know how to kill with it, its fun
Yup, I love '249. At first I thought it was crap because I couldn't really hit much with it, but I used it a bit more and now I'm pretty good with it, although I don't really play support much because the weapons are still too innaccurate. Hopefully the patch will help this, and also make them a bit stronger.
sheggalism
+16|6758|France
Euroforce Support MG, that's to say the HK71 (I think), will kick all previous MG's ass : it has a semi-auto mode ! great for long-range combat ! and will have a power equivalent to PKM due to 7.62x51mm NATO it uses ! but rate of fire will suck that's the only drawback.
Wargru
+0|6683|Norway
Umm, to all the people that sayd the MG36 suck or PKM suck.

Have u played mutch as support? Have u got mutch experience with those guns?.... if yes and u still think they suck, means u havent figured how this guns should be used! Maybe stick to the kits u like!?

The support guns r allways the winner in short and medium range if u know how to use em!
I play as support most of the time (my fav kit). Took some time to figure how this guns should be used.
My experience is that the PKM is best if u quick burst 5 shots at the time, or some times u better spam bullets (depends on situation!).

MG36 takes even longer time to figure. I personally like MG36 more than PKM! The MG36 can keep fireing for a long time without overheat and when it does, its cooled down and ready to use in no time!
I think the burst fire is almoust useless, and u should use this gun at auto and spam bullets like mad!
Spam bullets sounds like a bad idea? um, support have ammo packs meaning "Unlimited ammo".
Its extremely rare that I lose when im using MG36 facing some guy with any weapon at medium/short range!
Why?...  ever been a victim of MG36 bullet spaming? no?....    Its like u cant do mutch or se s*** cus of all the dust from the bullets hitting the ground, and the bullets that hit u! Its to comfusing and its bearly possible to hit the MG36 user with any gun if he spam bullets at u!.. Oh, and then ur dead......

(how to use; was my personal experience)

So, befor u say this guns suck; u cant really say that befor u know this guns (or u can, but then we know whos no good sopport player lol )!
Its like if i sayd the M95 sucked; Im not a good sniper and i dont really like the kit, but i dont have mutch experience with the M95 so i cant say it suck!
Otherwise i know the M95 is very dangerous in the right hands (got killed a lot by it).

All kits have theyr weak and strong spot, and weapons to!

Depends on player and experience!
airborne916
+24|6681

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I like both, I love the burst option on the MG36, a lot. I use both, depending on what I'm doing. Karkand(or maps like it), normally the MG36 is the better choice, higher rate of fire so I can drop to the ground and fire at them faster than I can with the PKM. places like wake, PKM is superior.

Gotta love that sound of the PKM.

Accuracy doesn't really mean much to me.. I can hit my target no matter what.. don't believe me?
check this out:
http://files.filefront.com/Supportwmv/; … einfo.html
That's how you play support
nvalid Key or in use or Missing File

Your download key for the requested file is invalid. Download keys are only valid for 48 hours. Once your download is complete, the key is no longer valid. Keys are also only valid for the original server.

Additionally this error may be caused because the file was not found on the server.

If you need help starting your download, please contact FileFront support.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6760|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

sheggalism wrote:

Euroforce Support MG, that's to say the HK71 (I think), will kick all previous MG's ass : it has a semi-auto mode ! great for long-range combat ! and will have a power equivalent to PKM due to 7.62x51mm NATO it uses ! but rate of fire will suck that's the only drawback.
OMG A SEMI AUTO MODE!!!.... wait a minute. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a light MACHINE GUN which is supposted to basically be a bullet spam pumper?
Unless, of course, you're going for flexibility here (long range and short)

RedEyes-CAD wrote:

I also have just unlocked the MG3C due to that glitchy thing and it is a very strange gun.  I've used the PKM a decent amount of time and I enjoy its strenght(sp?) and sound.  The MG3C is a pretty cool gun as well, I have just not had enough time with it to know how it handles.  Aside from my blabbering, Very Nice Post!
MG3C? you mean MG36? Or does the glitch you have get you a MG36 but with 4 grenade launchers attached onto the sides?

Wargru your sig is f*ing sick. No offense.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6768
I'd say that MG36 is better due to higher rpm, but sometimes I feel like I dont have enough power with it. Opposite thing with PKM, its powerful, but often I die because of slow shooting speed. So its all about your playing style. If you like to provide support and cover one spot for a long time ---> PKM. (its a med. range weapon, not close q.) If you like to be in action (I do) choose MG36.(its better when you shoot it zoomed, even tho its sights kinda messed up. But MG36 will redice your LMGs accuracy alot, because sometimes it takes about 40 rounds to kill one person. The good thing is that MG36 doesnt overheat too fast.)

My vote MG36 (still using PKM tho)
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Wargru wrote:

Umm, to all the people that sayd the MG36 suck or PKM suck.

Have u played mutch as support? Have u got mutch experience with those guns?.... if yes and u still think they suck, means u havent figured how this guns should be used! Maybe stick to the kits u like!?

The support guns r allways the winner in short and medium range if u know how to use em!
I play as support most of the time (my fav kit). Took some time to figure how this guns should be used.
My experience is that the PKM is best if u quick burst 5 shots at the time, or some times u better spam bullets (depends on situation!).

MG36 takes even longer time to figure. I personally like MG36 more than PKM! The MG36 can keep fireing for a long time without overheat and when it does, its cooled down and ready to use in no time!
I think the burst fire is almoust useless, and u should use this gun at auto and spam bullets like mad!
Spam bullets sounds like a bad idea? um, support have ammo packs meaning "Unlimited ammo".
Its extremely rare that I lose when im using MG36 facing some guy with any weapon at medium/short range!
Why?...  ever been a victim of MG36 bullet spaming? no?....    Its like u cant do mutch or se s*** cus of all the dust from the bullets hitting the ground, and the bullets that hit u! Its to comfusing and its bearly possible to hit the MG36 user with any gun if he spam bullets at u!.. Oh, and then ur dead......

(how to use; was my personal experience)

So, befor u say this guns suck; u cant really say that befor u know this guns (or u can, but then we know whos no good sopport player lol )!
Its like if i sayd the M95 sucked; Im not a good sniper and i dont really like the kit, but i dont have mutch experience with the M95 so i cant say it suck!
Otherwise i know the M95 is very dangerous in the right hands (got killed a lot by it).

All kits have theyr weak and strong spot, and weapons to!

Depends on player and experience!
While I do agree with you, I still have to say the PKM and MG36 suck. I'm usually very effective while using the M249 or the RPK 74, but the PKM and MG36 seem to miss no matter that I do... single shot bursts, 2, 3, 4 round bursts, moving wildly while shooting like a mad man.. they just don't hit what I'm aiming at, which is exremely unrealistic. If I pump out 120 rounds at you, you're gonna die.
RDMC_old
+0|6752|Almere, Holland

Lazy8s wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

MG36 is crap.
g36e rocks and especially on wake Island its great on long distances so I think ur crap with it
Wargru
+0|6683|Norway

CrazeD wrote:

While I do agree with you, I still have to say the PKM and MG36 suck. I'm usually very effective while using the M249 or the RPK 74, but the PKM and MG36 seem to miss no matter that I do... single shot bursts, 2, 3, 4 round bursts, moving wildly while shooting like a mad man.. they just don't hit what I'm aiming at, which is exremely unrealistic. If I pump out 120 rounds at you, you're gonna die.
So what range r u using it at? I dont find any problem with it, always get tonns of kills with the support guns!
At karkand and other city maps this guns r awesome! Whiping squads with it in when i meat one running through a tiny sreat etc!

Eucalyptus wrote:

Wargru your sig is f*ing sick. No offense.
What? u dont like it?
U se ur self in it? cus I se my self in it, its just the way i am when im pissed cus of getting ganked over and over again by chopper whores or something etc etc.... lol.
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Wargru wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

So what range r u using it at? I dont find any problem with it, always get tonns of kills with the support guns!
At karkand and other city maps this guns r awesome! Whiping squads with it in when i meat one running through a tiny sreat etc!
Basically any distance greater than 30 feet and it sucks. If they see me, I have no hope of killing them, but if they don't see me I can usually shoot off the ~50 rounds it takes to kill someone in time.
Ryan
+1,230|6859|Alberta, Canada

poor sniper...hes getting dissed....HAHAHA
Lexmyr
+0|6714|Drøbak, Norway
I've only tried MG36 when picking up kits. I like the sound of those G36-guns. G36E will be my next unlock (when i buy sf).

Got the PKM unlock, like it because of the nice sound. M249SAW are like rapapapapapatratratratratratratratratra, and the PKM is like POOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOMPOOM.

Last edited by Lexmyr (2006-02-06 16:23:45)

benben10
+20|6731
i havent tried the mg36 much but i prefer the rpk. according to wiki it is the most accurate support gun. and to me accuracy is the most important thing. you generally want to hit the thing you point at. the heat calculations are all wrong. when playing support, fire in bursts shorter than 50 rounds. dont ever let your gunn overheat because that dead time. the time it takes to get out of the redzone is an extra penalty for getting there in the first place. if you wait half a second you gun should lose almost all of its heat. recently i have been playing support and i always choose the stock weapon over pkm. the only thing i can figure that might give the pkm and advantage is damage penetration. does the PKM get a damage bonus on car and boats and choppers over other guns? i dont know but it would make a difference. as support if i see a chopper i generally put my 50 rounds into since it ups my accuracy stat and might do some damage. hey if you see the lil X in your crosshairs keep shooting until it goes away, thats my policy.

my favorite gun otherwise has to be the m16. it seems to be dam near as accurate as a sniper rifle and will generally be the king of the hill over anything b/w 25-100m. 3 round burts are deadly. its puts the fire rate at 900rpm and that just awe inspiring. i have had times where even and g36c has failed me at under 20 ft. i hold down the trigger and the thing turns into a rabid garden hose and my target just wont go down. with and m16 you just have to do one thing keep your target atleast 30ft away from you and you should have atleast 50% chance of success.

Last edited by benben10 (2006-02-06 23:16:46)

Wargru
+0|6683|Norway

CrazeD wrote:

Basically any distance greater than 30 feet and it sucks. If they see me, I have no hope of killing them, but if they don't see me I can usually shoot off the ~50 rounds it takes to kill someone in time.
r u kidding? thats the range ur suppose to pwn in!
U should lay down tho (if  ur not already doing it). dont sit or stand, just use when lay down unless theyr facing u point blank in front f u!
And its really not best at maps like Wake and other long range maps lokt that! in wake its best to use it when people r running around the houses at the flightstrip base... lol, im sure u know how/when to use it, im just trying to defend the support weapons.
But, I have never had any problems with this guns, always get massive kill streaks!
Getting comfused how people can find this guns bad...!?
Oh well, they get more accurate at the 1.2 patch anyway tho!
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Wargru wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

r u kidding? thats the range ur suppose to pwn in!
U should lay down tho (if  ur not already doing it). dont sit or stand, just use when lay down unless theyr facing u point blank in front f u!
And its really not best at maps like Wake and other long range maps lokt that! in wake its best to use it when people r running around the houses at the flightstrip base... lol, im sure u know how/when to use it, im just trying to defend the support weapons.
But, I have never had any problems with this guns, always get massive kill streaks!
Getting comfused how people can find this guns bad...!?
Oh well, they get more accurate at the 1.2 patch anyway tho!
Well, perhaps I just suck with it. All I know is I definitly can't hit squat with it. I almost always go prone to shoot someone.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6787|Atlanta, GA USA
<---As you can see, I've always liked the PKM.  However, after the MG36 bacame available, I went back looked at the statistics.

In terms of accuracy, the support guns rank:
1. MG36
2. RPK-74/PKM
3. SAW/Type 95
although RPK-74/PKM/SAW/Type 95 all have same accuracy until the 4th shot.  MG36 has greater accuracy in all respects.
Deviation per shot when prone, zoomed:
SAW/Type 95 0.51 0.957 1.402 1.847
RPK-74/PKM   0.51 0.957 1.402 1.687
MG36             0.48 0.925 1.37   1.655
After the 4th shot, deviation doesn't change
In long bursts, the MG36 is ~10% more accurate than the SAW and Type 95, but only ~2% more accurate than the PKM and RPK-74.
On to damage.  If you look at damage per second without taking into consideration deviation:
1. SAW/Type 95: 375
2. RPK-74: 350
3. PKM: 337.5
4. MG36: 300

When you look at all of the data, it looks like the SAW/Type 95 would probably be most effective if you use short (3 round) bursts.  If you use long bursts, the RPK-74 is probably the most effective, followed by the MG36.  I generally like to fire in long sustained bursts.

The last thing to factor in is the time to overheat.  You can't beat the fact that you can fire almost 80 rounds from the MG36 before it overheats.

In practice, my preference has become:
1. RPK-74
2. MG36
3. PKM

To make a long story longer, I agree with the OP for the most part.  Like so many have said before, though, it really comes down to play style.  The gun that fits one person best will not work for everyone.

(wow, this got longer than I intended)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard