Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6727|Scotland
Here we go again. For reference, I've really appreciated you guys help in the past. So here goes.

One night I was on the drunk side of tipsy. I can't recall much but was staying over at my friend's house, obv so I could drink. Anyways, when I woke up that morning, I was going through my phone's outbox and saw this message that I had apparently sent to this girl I quite like:

"I'm gonna say this while I've got the guts. I can't stop thinking about you, it's gotten to that stage. Would like to have a chat alone with you at some point?"

It was sent at 0050. So yeah. It was a bit blunt but I would never have done that cause saying that in text message is a bit...well , off.

So I didn't receive any kind of reply from this girl. One part of me is saying "Yeah she probs figured you were drunk and she'll dismiss it." but another part is saying "she probably thinks I'm a fucking weirdo now."

So, what's the best course of action for me?

I could either text her with an apology, but that seems a bit cowardice.

Or just wait to speak to her, which could be quite a while seeing as she's away next week. More time for her to build up hostility towards me.

In a kind of way I'm saying yeah fuck it, that's how I feel. On the other hand it was going a bit too quick.

The worst thing is the no reply though, fuck...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6470|cuntshitlake

If you know where she lives, go there and apologize personally.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6716|th3 unkn0wn
Find another lass. Plenty of fish in the North Sea ya know!
nonexistentusmc
+26|6452|Queens, NYC
I'd say wait for it, you made the move, you did what you had to do... drunk or not. Now the ball is in her court, so all you do is wait. If you feel like you regret sending the message, then the no response should be a good thing, better than a NO WE CANT CHAT. But since you do like her, then a no response makes it kinda tense, along with making you anxious and worrisome because you think she probably hates you now! But either way, like I said, you did what you had to do, so good on you!
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6563|Kent, UK
if it's someone you speak to a lot, just give her a call and ask how things are.
then move on to the message and explain that yeah, you do like her, but you're sorry if you upset/offended her with that text
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6422|Melbourne, Australia
If you actually feel that way, you may as well see where it goes. If she doesn't reciprocate, bad luck, at least you tried, move on. If she does, you win!

If she doesn't reply, and you feel like you need to send another you could say something along the lines of "Sorry if this seems forward or has ruined the dynamic in our friendship (you didn't say if you were friends or not?) but I think it's only fair to the both of us that we're open and have an honest relationship"

GL soldier!
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6515|Bournemouth, South England
Text her a picture of your balls at 3am, next day,  ring her and say someone "borrowed" your phone, and you apologise on their behalf for whatever they sent (act like you don't know).  That should get the ball rolling (no pun) so get a chat on the go.

Before you know it, you'll be parking the beef bus in tunatown.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6380|Kyiv, Ukraine

Airwolf wrote:

"I'm gonna say this while I've got the guts. I can't stop thinking about you, it's gotten to that stage. Would like to have a chat alone with you at some point?"
Basically you just told her that you can only really talk to her when you're drunk.  Not good.  Better luck next chick, but throw this one back.

Next time, just wait until you meet her in person, no matter who she's with (unless its her boyfriend), and pull her to the side with "Hey, come chat with me a sec."  Smile, look relaxed.

Then "Hey, lets go out sometime soon, how 'bout X:00 XXXday?"

Don't let her think too much and FFS don't call her until an hour before pickup to make sure she's ready.

Text messaging romantic overtures just makes you look like a pussy unless you've been dating for at least a few months and are just flirting to make sure she's hot for you later.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6401|Evilsville

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Find another lass. Plenty of fish in the North Sea ya know!
He hasn't even been dismissed yet!

I've done this multiple times when I was drunk as well. Don't worry about it. Just apologize to her when it comes up and she'll probably understand it pretty well. But don't do it by phone though. Do it personally.
Apologizing by phone also makes you look whimpy.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6727|Scotland
wow,

alot of responses there. Thanks guys!!

Think I will wait until I see her again and apologise then. Is asking if she'd like to go out somewhere a bit much?
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6401|Evilsville

Airwolf wrote:

wow,

alot of responses there. Thanks guys!!

Think I will wait until I see her again and apologise then. Is asking if she'd like to go out somewhere a bit much?
Perhaps better to first see how she reacts before taking action..
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6585|Columbus, OH
I agree. The best course is not to apologize for your actions. I'd say play it out and the next time you hang out with this girl....try to get a vibe from her. If she seems reclusive then ask her what's wrong or what's on her mind....let her speak and if she mentions the text message just listen...DON'T APOLOGIZE and do not say you were DRUNK chicks don't dig that and you probably would be less of a friend too. Say something like you had "a moment of clarity" or "deep in thought" and she came to mind. The way i would apologize is give her a flower and a few words of love and or encouragement.

Last edited by loubot (2007-08-10 07:18:23)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6139|Scotland!

loubot wrote:

Say something like you had "a moment of clarity" or "deep in thought" and she came to mind. The way i would apologize is give her a flower and a few words of love and or encouragement.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6634|The Netherlands
about love help treats, on a other(dutch) forum someone sed he made love to his dog and then his gf came in the room and then she would not give him a blowjob xD what to do ???? xDxDxD
Dersmikner
+147|6505|Texas
Do nothing. If she calls or messages you back, then come back with MUCH more confidence. Let her know, with your actions not your words, that you aren't the wiener who can only contact her when you're drunk.

If you call or message her agian you're borderline stalking. You let her know you're interested, and now it's her move. If she does call you, then simply say "you know, it was one of those things. I have wanted to speak with you but wasn't sure it was appropriate and at that minute I wanted to talk to you more than I cared how appropriate it was. Now you know, and yes, I'm interested."

She's going to worry that you're limp-spined if you nancyboy it from here on out. After you show her what you think and who you are, never mention the late night text again.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6585|Columbus, OH

I'm Jamesey wrote:

loubot wrote:

Say something like you had "a moment of clarity" or "deep in thought" and she came to mind. The way i would apologize is give her a flower and a few words of love and or encouragement.
yep I know

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard