Was the high learning curve for air vehicles a good idea or a bad idea

Good Idea77%77% - 95
Bad Idea6%6% - 8
What's a jet?15%15% - 19
Total: 122
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6296|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Good and bad, because people will whore jets if they know how to use them, and those that don't will still try to fly.

Last edited by Undetected_Killer (2007-08-07 13:33:09)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

The "high-learning curve" is what separates this game from BF2142.
BrimstoneFire
+5|6469|Brisbane

Sinn_Ah_Taggh wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

One thing I don't get is why people use their mouse to fly.

Keyboard only = win.
the first sound argument ive heard all day:D
i hope i note sarcasm... cause if you only use a keyboard then your only good as a pilot not a gunner...  id own anyone who only uses a keyboard... in fact i laugh at you.. muahahahahaha
Danard
+7|6119|Norway

fatherted13 wrote:

Samtheman53.0000012 wrote:

Whats a jet?
Bigger question, wtf's BF2?
im wondering about the same thing......

Last edited by Danard (2007-08-07 13:41:47)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
a higher learning curve is ALWAYS better. Bf2's was high, but not enough. BF2142 has no learning curve.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6656

elite.mafia wrote:

Huh? The learning curve isn't high, what the fuck are you talking about?
I forgot how you and everyone else just picked up BF2 and owned everyone right out of the box...

It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at flying, especially choppers. It's the reason why a noob can't even come close to killing an experienced pilot in a chopper fight.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6464|USA

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

I forgot how you and everyone else just picked up BF2 and owned everyone right out of the box...

It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at flying, especially choppers. It's the reason why a noob can't even come close to killing an experienced pilot in a chopper fight.
Yeah, thats why when I got my best friend who's really good at Counter-Strike to gun for me in a chopper at a LAN center, he was doing really good, and it was his first time playing the game...
Bf2 does not have a high learning curve.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6473|meh-land
i learned to fly in BF1942 and BFV singleplayer, and it kind of just came along easily in bf2.  there isn't a very high learning curve, i just get in and fly
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

elite.mafia wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

Yeah, thats why when I got my best friend who's really good at Counter-Strike to gun for me in a chopper at a LAN center, he was doing really good, and it was his first time playing the game...
Bf2 does not have a high learning curve.
Pointing a gun at a target after playing hundreds of hours of shooting games shouldn't be hard. 

Constantly learning how vehicles respond to movement in video games is what he is talking about.  I'm sure you were able to maneuver the heli just the way you wanted right from the get-go, right?  Think about it - it is not easy (like the Gunship in BF2142).  It takes skill.  It takes (some) time to get used to it, and to "get a feel" for the vehicle.  I agree, the learning curve is nowhere near as high as other games, but there is certainly a learning curve to the air vehicles (and I think it is a good thing).

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-08-07 14:03:31)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6402|Southern California
Flying a jet is EASY, flying a chopper is slightly harder then easy.

Out manuvering some kid who has spent 50,000 hours in his room fly BF2 jets is fuggin hard, Dogging him in a chopper while killing that AA and setting up for a shot on an enemy chopper before it TV's you I find damn near impossible.

The learning curve isn't the vehicle themself....Its not hard to fly around a LAN game. There are just a lot of people who are good with them and they are powerful when used right.

On top of that they are pretty limited. So the guy who is real good can keep his jet for more practice while the guy learning hits the mountain as soon as he starts trying to evade.

Its really just a lack of practice, which can be hard to get when your not good enough to keep a jet.
Panther0071
+5|6232
damn was is this JET i have never seen of them, what do they eat in the winter time?
Drexel
+43|6486|Philadelphia

stef10 wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

stef10 wrote:

WTF. There was no high learning curve.
Then how do you explain that after 2 years 90% of players can't use a chopper properly?
hmmm, terrible computer or 128 kb/s internet.

ok, you are right there are a lot of bad pilots which both cant fly or understand a gunner correctly. But I had no problems.
Only really start problem I had was hovering over the electricity flag-point on Dragon Valley.
I tell you what, I was terrible in the chopper when I started playing the game up unto the point I got my new computer.  Now I'm 3,000 times better now that I get 100 frames/second compared to the 10 frames/second of my old computer.  (the computer I played this game with for 2 years)
Drakaji
+3|6157|Albuquerque, NM
The only reason most people don't fly heli's very well is the fact that most people jump in the gunner/passenger seat to get kills.
That, and everyone runs for the jet to tk for it, and then proceed to the nearest armor.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6224
I have all the toys for air fights. Joystick, throttle and rudders, but waiting in line to be tk`ed for a jet or chopper gives me a sour taste.
I`d rather fight and help out my team than stand half the round waiting for a chopper or plane.
So naturally the ones that don`t help out their team and just spend hour waiting to get their precious chopper or plane will gradually become better. And for the assholes that don`t really play the game - except if they can fly becomes god with the helo or jet and us "normal" players don`t stand a chance.
What BF2 should have had is a ticket machine like the one at your local pharmacy. Then there would be no tk`ing or other crap.
I have 9 hours in chopper, i would guess 85% of that time is in the black hawk that no one really wants...
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6541
Planes were no problem but adjusting to choppers took me a couple hours since I used to fly a whole lot in Operation Flashpoint where the chopper physics and controls were rather different. Once I got down the flying and not crashing into trees and stuff part it was only a matter of time before I adapted to flying in the mealstorm of battle.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6195
i hate how 90% of all people that fly helicopters have no fucking clue what they are doing
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6691|Disaster Free Zone
Flying is easy, Combat flying takes time to learn.

10-20 minutes in any vehicle you should be able to get it from point a to point b without dieing (this can be done in single player). The real skill comes from combat, where you learn the limits of the vehicles and how to counter other pilots/ground units. To become good with any vehicle in combat will take days to master, but is well worth the effort.
cospengle
+140|6497|Armidale, NSW, Australia

TrashBlinD wrote:

stef10 wrote:

WTF. There was no high learning curve.
Then how do you explain that after 2 years 90% of players can't use a chopper properly?
Yeah. They certainly dumbed it down for 2142.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6473|A W S M F O X

BrimstoneFire wrote:

Sinn_Ah_Taggh wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

One thing I don't get is why people use their mouse to fly.

Keyboard only = win.
the first sound argument ive heard all day:D
i hope i note sarcasm... cause if you only use a keyboard then your only good as a pilot not a gunner...  id own anyone who only uses a keyboard... in fact i laugh at you.. muahahahahaha
Lets just let this mans failure sink in a little more.
PHILIPS
Ur mom in a tub
+2|6154|Ireland

elite.mafia wrote:

Its not ? How come u still blow in a chopper then?
It does require some training to fly, im not even a good jet pilot yet (sometimes though )

But all these people who think they can fly (specially here on bf2s) can't !!!!!!
Maybe it seems to themself they are a good pilot, but step in my chopper, or any of my buddys, and we will show how u fly.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6566|Kent, UK
I wouldn't say it was a HIGH learning curve. Mebbe a medium.
I couldn't fly for shit for AGES, then one day in SP i was practicing, and it just clicked in my mind and then i became at least 500% better in the chopper. Same for Jets
Now, i won't say i'm a great pilot, cuz compared to a lot of people, i'm not. But i can pilot a round of sharqi with a gunner who knows how to use the 2nd seat in a chopper and do pretty damn welll for points and K
Even had one of those rounds where no one can seem to kill me, i felt godly

EDIT:

PHILIPS wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

It does require some training to fly, im not even a good jet pilot yet (sometimes though )

But all these people who think they can fly (specially here on bf2s) can't !!!!!!
Maybe it seems to themself they are a good pilot, but step in my chopper, or any of my buddys, and we will show how u fly.
*sigh*

Last edited by Buckles (2007-08-09 00:03:48)

oChaos.Haze
+90|6448

PHILIPS wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

As much as Mafia and I can get into it, you really need to rethink that post.  Mafia is a fucking GANGSTER behind the wheel of a chopper.  He pilots waaay more than he guns, so therefore, the kd ratio in chopper is gonna look bad.  For crying out loud, look up Huellia.  She has horrible stats for choppers, yet is one of the best pilots out there. 

The learning curve wasn't high.  It was there for sure.  If you are looking for a learning curve, try Armed Assault.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6159|'straya
almost anyone can fly a jet.. doesnt mean they can get loads of kills in it.
and u dont need a joystick to fly just a mouse and keyboard.... i dont know many ppl who can beat me in a jet. mouse ftw
oChaos.Haze
+90|6448

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

i dont know many ppl who can beat me in a jet. mouse ftw
ORLY?
PHILIPS
Ur mom in a tub
+2|6154|Ireland

oChaos.Haze wrote:

PHILIPS wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

As much as Mafia and I can get into it, you really need to rethink that post.  Mafia is a fucking GANGSTER behind the wheel of a chopper.  He pilots waaay more than he guns, so therefore, the kd ratio in chopper is gonna look bad.  For crying out loud, look up Huellia.  She has horrible stats for choppers, yet is one of the best pilots out there. 

The learning curve wasn't high.  It was there for sure.  If you are looking for a learning curve, try Armed Assault.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! Huelia is one of the worst pilots out there, he/she fucking suck, seriously i think its a thing with German people they usually always blow at pc games, seriously he fucking sux.
I played on his server (Bamboo Commandos) and he had no freaking idea what he was doing. Ask Arnie_Ze_Austrian or [Mork]Death they can both tell u he fucking blows, he sux more than a chinese hooker.

As Straz_Mataz said 90% of all players in bf2 have no idea wtf is going on when they fly a Heli/Jet.

Last edited by PHILIPS (2007-08-09 01:18:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard