xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6353|California
If you heard there was going to be a draft in exactly one months time and you decided to join voluntarily, what would you do? What branch would you choose, what would you do within that branch and why?

As for me, I would probably join the the Air Force or take up a position as a sniper. The Air Force seems the most intense and exciting.

You?
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6422|Belgium
I would be a grunt in the Belgian army so I can set up tent camps for refugees...
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6655|Camoran's Paradise
No worries here. ROTC.  They can't touch me.
0ji
+36|6238|Estados Unidos
Navy or SEALS.  Wouldnt mind being a sniper.
I like planes but I don't know if I could fly them.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6353|California

Ganko_06 wrote:

It's hypothetical.
Jimbo2687
+1|6439|Karkand Hotel

Ganko_06 wrote:

If your 18 or over, You're going.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

0ji wrote:

Learning to fly isnt that bad.

Ganko_06 wrote:

ROTC stands for what? Oh, thats right, Reserve Officers' Training Corps. Which means when your done, you become an officer, and you go to war.

Last edited by stryyker (2007-08-07 10:34:24)

HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6562
I would shoot my brother in the foot so he couldnt go. Im what they call unfit for service lol so i dont have to worry about it.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6750
Salvation Army for me, old jonny foreigner will take one look at my tambourine and run for the hills.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

Jimbo2687 wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

Actually no.  Since I'm signed with ROTC I can't be drafted since I technically am already enlisted and they can't send me anywhere until I'm out of college.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

If I was eligible and everything, probably the Air Force or Navy. Generally, when there's a draft, you're getting your ass kicked.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6353|California

Ganko_06 wrote:

Jimbo2687 wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

Actually no.  Since I'm signed with ROTC I can't be drafted since I technically am already enlisted and they can't send me anywhere until I'm out of college.
That still means you're going there to fight and you have to do something. Smart one.
David.P
Banned
+649|6284

0ji wrote:

Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

Jimbo2687 wrote:

That still means you're going there to fight and you have to do something. Smart one.
I know.  All I'm trying to say is that if (hypothetically) there was a draft in one month I wouldn't have to worry.
Some people like to make a big deal out of nothing.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6650|Your moms bedroom
Im safe no brothers
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

Ugh... all you idiots think being a sniper is some glamorous position. Fact is none of you probably possess the patients, the skill, or the wits. 90% of a snipers job is recon which means laying perfectly still for a few days at a time. need to take a crap don't bother getting up just shit on yourself.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
bobby177
+129|6484|Texas.. getting out asap
I choose Canada
or Mexico
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6840|Denver colorado
Canada (duel citizenship) I don't support this war.

If there was a war that my country actually NEEDED me for I'd go into the navy and be an engi. I really like the sea. But thats a bit strange for somebody who grew up in a city thats a mile high.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Ugh... all you idiots think being a sniper is some glamorous position. Fact is none of you probably possess the patients, the skill, or the wits. 90% of a snipers job is recon which means laying perfectly still for a few days at a time. need to take a crap don't bother getting up just shit on yourself.
Not to mention the amount of clearance that goes into a shot. They have to call their commanding officers, which call their commanding officers, which finalize with the company COs, and then radio back. By the time all the clearances are set, Johnny Q. Akmed has blown himself up in a market somewhere.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6499|Gogledd Cymru

id go for general, piece of piss
David.P
Banned
+649|6284

stryyker wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Not to mention the amount of clearance that goes into a shot. They have to call their commanding officers, which call their commanding officers, which finalize with the company COs, and then radio back. By the time all the clearances are set, Johnny Q. Akmed has blown himself up in a market somewhere.
Shoot first ask questions later.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6655
hmm IT guy who controls the equipment
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

David.P wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Shoot first ask questions later.
Then get court marshaled for not following direct orders, get a Dishonorable Discharge, and work at McDonalds for the rest of your life. Maybe.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

xBlackPantherx wrote:

The Air Force seems the most intense and exciting.
lol
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

stryyker wrote:

bobby177 wrote:

I choose Canada
or Mexico
Why don't you just kill yourself? It would be better for the country anyways

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I've never understood why snipers need to do all of that just to shoot. I figure they tend to deploy snipers to take out high-profile targets (I'm assuming the 'snipers' the media talks about in Iraq are mostly designated marksmen), but still, if they see say Kim Jong-Il in his scope shouldn't he pull the trigger ASAP?

edit: Also, if it was a war I believed in for a good cause (e.g. WWII), I'd also consider the Army as an infantry or armor crewman (19K)

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-08-07 11:05:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard